1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Using Chord Anthem 2 interconnects and Signature Speaker Cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Vipers @ HiFi Lounge, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Vipers @ HiFi Lounge

Vipers @ HiFi Lounge Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +576
    Hi All,

Now that I've finished putting the components together for my 2ch system I think it's time to give it the cabling it deserves, at the moment I'm using mid level Atlas cables, but I'm thinking of going with higher end Chord cables as I'm quite keen to try their AES-EBU cable so it makes sense to use the same company through the whole system.

I rang Chord yesterday who were extremely helpful and they offered to lend me the cables to try first, but I was just wondering if any forum members are using Chord Anthem 2 interconnects, I'll be using XLR, and Chord's Signature speaker cable, general impressions? also if they had been compared to any other companies products.

Thanks.
  2. Member 410254

Member 410254 Member

Ratings:
    +106
    TBH, We have not found the best performance from Chord Company cables with PMC but if Chord will lend you some then excellent. Our advice would be try some AudioQuest with your PMC Rig.

Regards

Phil
  3. Vipers @ HiFi Lounge

Ratings:
    +576
    Thanks for the advice Phil, any particular XLR cable in the AudioQuest range that you would recommend for PMC/Bryston?

How about speaker cable? do you rate the Signature or would you favour something else?

Cheers.
  4. Member 410254

Member 410254 Member

Ratings:
    +106
    If it was me.....Niagara XLR or Sky XLR ( I Have some Sky and it's A.Mazing.) If you want Chord speaker cables then I would STRONGLY advise listening to the Sarum,

Regards

Phil
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  5. Vipers @ HiFi Lounge

Ratings:
    +576
    Thanks for the reply Phil, I think I'll take Chord up on their offer to start with and see how I get on, maybe I can get them to lend me some of the Sarum range aswell, although that is a little out of my price range, be interesting though :)