Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever had phones4u buy out your existing contract?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by ricflairandy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ricflairandy

ricflairandy Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Im after a deal they have on at the moment, but i still have 3 months left of my current 18 month contract. Anyone ever had them buy out your contract, ive heard rumors but never actually someone who has had it done.
  2. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,184
    They just do it for you, you could do it yourself. Either way, you'll end up paying for it one way or another.

If you phone your current operator and say you want to buy out the rest of your contract they will give you a price (the cost of your price plan per month for the number of months left).

P4U just do this for you. And personally, I'd rather do it myself.
  3. ricflairandy

ricflairandy Member

Ratings:
    +36
    If i do it myself it will cost me 3x45 .

The pain in the arse is that phones4u dont have the phone i want instore, only online.
  4. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,184
    It wont be any cheaper with P4U, they will still have to pay the operators 3 x £45 as the operator wont do any special deals just because they are P4U. P4U may say they do it for free, but they will just hide the costs elsewhere in your deal, be it the phone cost, monthly rental or otherwise.
  5. ricflairandy

ricflairandy Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I thought p4u had a certain amount they where allowed to pay to buy out contracts per customer.
  6. TheFifthDoctor

TheFifthDoctor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've done that twice with them now, they usually get you to contact your provider & drop to the lowest tariff first.
    But it limits what handsets you can get from p4u.
    They usually try to offload whatever handset they can't shift.
  7. ricflairandy

ricflairandy Member

Ratings:
    +36
    yeah, i want the omnia on a 12 month contract, but i doubt they will do that. So ill just buy it from the website through quidco and call to return it the next day explaining that my contract with voda is still 3 months remaining.

Hopefully they will offer to pay it off then. Want to get it asap really whilst i can still get a decent price for my n958gb