Anyone else hitting the stock markets

I am quite looking forward to seeing the open. I have had about 20 of my friends email me today asking if I would get these!

i will be keeping a close eye on these...:D Opens at 4 due to the amount of opening-day orders the brokers are having to process...

Lots of interest. All the traders on my floor are going bonkers.

nasdaq has crashed. how ridiculous for such a high profile launch...:suicide:

took a shot at it. in at $40.01/share. lets see what this thing does today...:rolleyes:

best of luck. make sure you have a strategy - i.e. an exit point upwards and downwards. assuming you have inveseted enough to worry about :)

cheers. Only put £2k in that i had sitting in an isa not doing a damn thing. have my money from other stocks i sold in another account but wasn't putting that on. i just thought i would try and compensate this money for lack of interest the past 2 years. 10% will do me fine...:D

not looking too good at the moment though. pretty flat...

Fb down at 38.02 at the moment.

It's going to need quite a while to settle down. Still trading above the nasdaq :)

imightbewrong said:
It's going to need quite a while to settle down. Still trading above the nasdaq :)

True

pretty underwhelming launch...:confused:

see Facebook is down now for maintenance..lol

see Facebook is down now for maintenance..lol

Has been working fine for me for the past half hour or so, when did it go down for maintenance?

its back up now. not sure how long it was down for though. have to say there must be a lot of ****** off investors out there. i am not too bothered but those that were buying on the auction markets beforehand that paid $44+ must be well disappointed. the whole nasdaq glitch must have really hurt them. going to hold off selling at the moment to see what happens next week as i am only down a few quid but definitely not the volatility i expected from every other ipo i have got in on (visa, ups, linkdin, etc). had bigger hopes for it...:(

but it opened at $42 and rose a bit higher than that, so if you got in before the open you could have made a nice little profit

How many people got it at the open and sold higher?

None if I'm reading NASDAQ's data on FB correctly. Don't think anyone sold higher than $39, except Facebook themselves i.e. the outstanding stock.

They didn't do too bad selling 46% of the available stock on day one.

Does anyone have any data on facebook's finances i.e. balance sheets for the years prior to todays listing? I thought they had to be made public prior to floating?

Facebook-Down over 12% today!

As the saying goes: "If you can get your hands on a hot new stock, you probably don't want it."

Rediculous price set at launch.

Even $19 a share would have been pushing it.

No doubt some brokers/advisers will have gained from the high value set.

Anything over $10 a share is overvalued, imo.

Would make me chuckle to see this tank big time (though my own investments would/are suffer too in a wider market crash).

Last edited:
down 12% now - huge number of trades going through - could really drop as everyone gets nervous that the valuation is a total pie-in-the-sky numbers.

Facebook stock was definitely over valued, as it would take roughly 8 - 10 years of continued growth at its current rate to be worth the opening price set. Saying that I doubt the people at facebook are too bothered as they already made $16 billion from the first day of sales. Still 53% of stock waiting to be sold, go on you know you want some, just kidding...

I put it into perspective by taking a well known firm like Siemens who are worth $74 billion and asked my self is Facebook really worth more than them at $104 billion? The answer comes back as 'no', at this today's value, but who knows what the future holds.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom