Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody tried the live football streaming sites

Discussion in 'Computer Systems' started by JonLeach, Mar 8, 2006.

1. JonLeach

JonLeach Member

Ratings:
    +21
    As i don't have sky sports i was wondering if its worth trying one of the live streaming sites.
    has anyone tried? will it stream on a 42inch plasma runing mce?

cheers

jon
  2. JonLeach

JonLeach Member

Ratings:
    +21
  3. dan1979

dan1979 Active Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Complete waste of time, I've tried them all (all free if you look in the right places) and they are foreign servers which simply can't cope with the amount of users.

Expect poor quality delayed images and lots of disconnections (if you can get on the servers at all).

The only time it's worth doing are for games that no one wants to watch - only time you get a good picture and stable connection.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. S_Bob

S_Bob Member

Ratings:
    +15
    thats not entirely true, there are a few good programs out there that work similar to p2p in that the more popular the game, the more people watching the better and more reliable the stream less buffering and such.

Yes they are all free and are broadcast from foreign (far eastern) tv stations so commentary will not be in English. Ofcouse you could always find UK radio commentary and align that up with the foreign video stream.
  5. JonLeach

JonLeach Member

Ratings:
    +21

is that the ppstream then, if it is what port does it use?

Jon
  6. S_Bob

S_Bob Member

Ratings:
    +15
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. JonLeach

JonLeach Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks for that saves me a lot of work, do you know which ports on my firewall need opening?
  8. S_Bob

S_Bob Member

Ratings:
    +15
    i havent opened any ports on my router.

You will probably need to unblock if you have the windows firewall turned on.
  9. marekb

marekb Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Another source of information.

http://www.footballstreaming.info/forums/index.php

you need to register to get into the forums though, which is free. There have been a few sites that you could/can pay a monthly subscription to and watch a number of games which they stream from their own servers, these were not too bad (good quality and english commentary) in the early days but unfortunately their reputations grew and the servers were unable to cope with the number of users connecting, i'm sure the same site keeps popping up under different names every 2-3 months due to the legalities of what they are doing. P2P certainly appears to be heading in the right direction, however it depends on how much downstream bandwidth you have (amongst others) as to which streams perform the best. I'm not sure what they would look like on a 42" panel mind.

Hope this helps.

Marek
  10. JonLeach

JonLeach Member

Ratings:
    +21
    cheers mark i will have a look i don't mind increasing the desktop size and watching it within a window, i will try it this weekend with a laptop to see how i go

Jon