Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to get an Itunes playlist onto a USB stick?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps' started by Andrew Mogford, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Andrew Mogford

Andrew Mogford Blu-ray Reviewer

Ratings:
    +146
    I have a Alpine car stereo which has an Aux, an Ipod, and a USB input.

I have bought a USB memory stick and what I would like to do is put one of my playlists on the USB stick and leave it in my glove box permanently, so I don't always have to take my Ipod with me.

Ideally, I would like it to contain the album art as well, but this is not essential.

Is it possible to do this? Or even put albums from itunes onto the stick, or do I have to rip albums seperately within media player to do it?

Thanks in advance!
  2. spooney

spooney Member

Ratings:
    +222
    Not sure what you are looking for. You need an iPod to play songs from iTunes. Usually they are in Apple's m4p format.
    If they are in DRM free MP3 format you can put them onto an USB stick of course. Select the play list, select one song with a right click and choose View in Explorer/Finder to copy them to your USB stick.
  3. Sanders79

Sanders79 Member

Ratings:
    +214
    One way round it would be to burn the playlist to a CD as a music CD, then rip that CD to the memory stick in MP3 format. It's a bit long winded, but at least the end result is there.
  4. Andrew Mogford

Andrew Mogford Blu-ray Reviewer

Ratings:
    +146
    So it is impossible to do it directly? That's what I feared :(

Thanks for the response though. The playlist is huge - would probably take more than a CD.
  5. cwick

cwick Member

Ratings:
    +99
    Just drag and drop. Open the playlist, edit->select all, then drag them out of itunes and into a Finder (mac) or Explorer (Windows) window, and you'll get all the mp3's dumped into the folder you drop them in.

It wont convert them though, so if there's any non-mp3's stuff in there, you'd have to convert them beforehand (use a smart playlist to make sure it only contains mp3s).
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. GeoffWork

GeoffWork Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I have a Jaguar with an 'audio connectivity module' which has usb input as well as iPod and I drag tracks across to the USB to play in the car, it works well.