Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Nokia N8 users about ?

Discussion in 'Nokia Mobile Phones' started by TylerDurden, Dec 26, 2011.

1. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Active Member

Ratings:
    +391
    I've recently been considering getting the Nokia N8, I've seen it on what I think is a pretty good deal @£10pm with the phone being free. What caught my attention on this phone is the great camera and hd video recording. We've recently had a baby and it would be great to just have the phone handy for all those moments you what to capture and keep, I do already have a Panasonic TA-1 hd camcorder, and a digital camera, however this phone seems better than both these items (the 12 meg camera is def better that my current camera) and would mean not having to carry so many devices around. It would also replace my htc wildfire as my main mobile. My only concern is a that most reviews for the N8 either say it brilliant or rubbish. I already have an android phone and an iPad so I'm fully aware of the situation of these devices with regards to apps and usability. I'm guessing the N8 isn't quite at the same level. Tbh I don't really use a great deal of apps on my android phone, it would be nice if I could access Facebook, twitter, hotmail, web etc on the N8, can it upload photos to my google account ? How is it for podcasts ?

Any users care to offer a comment ?
  2. cannac

cannac Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have an N8, and for a mobile phone it has a great camera. Must of what you want, you can do on an N8. The apps store is not the biggest, but you can get most of what you want including 'Podcatcher' for pod casts. One of the complaint has been that the UI is behind the times, but in Feb there should be a major update called 'Nokia Belle', this will change and modernise the whole UI of the N8 closer to an Android feel.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Ratings:
    +394
    Great phone.
    Very good hardware.
    Excellent camera and proper flash - zenon
    HD video
    Video and picture editor
    HDMI out on the phone- plugs straight into your TV
    OLED dispay
    Belle works well
    FM transmitter
    Internet radio
    etc etc:smashin:
  4. Member 639844

Member 639844 Former Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,135
    I'm using one and have been quite impressed. The new belle OS is pretty good. I cant stand slow and clunky phones and so far this one is proving hardly annoying at all. You get the odd glitch from time to time, but thats usually attributed to something, like trying to do to much at once, or losing WiFi when in the middle of something.

For £10 a month, I cant see how you can fault it.

Edit: I posted these pictures which were taken with this phone.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012