Question Android to iPhone - Tips and Key alternate apps

icstm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife has switched me to iOS and iPhone, having used android since getting a smartphone.

1 - Any good tips before I do the data/app migration
  • Including how to support .NoMedia folders or .[filename] files.

2 - There are a coupe of key apps I like on Android, some make use of the fact that you have far more control over the file system (eg Finder/Explorer type views).
What are the equivalent apps for iOS?

• Email (super customised email client, including custom folders for smart-inbox and ability to save calendar invites to other accounts from that received)
    • Current app - AquaMail pro
  • Photo filename management (to rename photos into eg YYMMDD_HHMMSS.ext)
    • Current app - DSC Auto Rename
  • Photo editing- background remover, (to either white, or transparent for PNG)
    • Current app - Background Eraser
  • Audiobook app for managing multiple audiobooks (which are essentially made from multiple mp3 files each, eg a book is an album in multiple tracks, therefore to track progress in multiple "books")
    • Current app - Voice
  • Music Player
    • Current app - Poweramp
  • System Information(eg find WiFi connection type and sync speed, or less important: charging speed sensor data, etc
    • Current app - Various, but WiFi data is built into Android

Last edited:
One particular question is when I transfer photos, I have them in various folders across my Android phone and SD card (remember those).

Is it correct that iPhone does not understand media organisation and just sticks them all in one place, or can you create some structure to how photos are stored on an iPhone?

The latest video from AVForums

What makes a 10/10 4K Blu-ray disc?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom