Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambassador

Discussion in 'DS, DSi & 3DS' started by The Snake, Aug 4, 2011.

1. The Snake

The Snake New Member

Ratings:
    +183
  2. BontaKun3000

BontaKun3000 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    I like this, quite alot actually.
    Since I never cared for how much I got my 3DS for in the 1st place, getting 20 free games makes me a happy chap as well:D

Looking forward to seeing some good titles show up.
  3. The Snake

The Snake New Member

Ratings:
    +183
    I'm really starting to think the 3DS is a good machine, I don't think it deserves all the bad press its getting, starting to enjoy Zelda, think it needs a few other 'killer' titles, but I can't see why this machine won't take over from the DS and be a long run success.:)
  4. skin2k

skin2k Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think this is great and I am looking forward to playing some of thease games again such as Yoshis Island and Ballon Fight etc. There is also new street pass softwear on the way! woo hoo!
  5. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Me too I love my 3DS to bits! I'm really looking forward to those AAA titles that are coming and to see what they do with the AR function in the future.
  6. skin2k

skin2k Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah the AR feature is somtheing that has not realy been used much yet but things like faceraiders show what it can do.
  7. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Today's the day, you can now download 10 NES titles to your 3DS. The 10 GBA titles will be avalible later in the year.
  8. ursine benn

ursine benn Member

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm not in the least bit bothered about the AR, but bring on star fox, mario, mario kart,Luigis mansion an kid Icarus!!!
  9. The_Wierd

The_Wierd Member

Ratings:
    +103
    I normally like retro games, being old enough to remember Pong being new. Still, I am now reminded how utterly rubbish the NES games are. Sorry Nintendo, but these are just too primitive to entertain me for more than about 2 minutes each. Admittedly there is some nostalgia value, but as I was more of a Spectrum kid, and never owned a NES, there is little of that for me.

It's just that most, if not all of these games were re-iterated, and better, on the SNES and later consoles. You can see with these games that they are struggling aginst the limitations of the platform.

I'm a bit more interested in the GBA games, but from the list I saw, I have most of them sitting in a drawer somewhere.

I know this stuff is free, but I think they could have offered something a bit more exciting.
  10. The Snake

The Snake New Member

Ratings:
    +183
    I've played a couple, mario and golf, have to say they are ok for a quick blast/nostalgia but not up to much generally.

Still keeping the faith with the 3DS, I see it as my long term companion of a video games system. PS3 is resigned to a Blu Ray player.
  11. skin2k

skin2k Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah the 10 free NES games are ok to fill a quick 5 mins but nothing special and I own most of them anyway along with the bulk of the GBA games that are on their way. What nintendo should have done is give us a free 3DS game of our choice perhaps. A few retro downloads will cost Nintendo pennies to let us download them. Its nothing to make up for the £50+ I could have saved If I had waited another 4 weeks to buy a 3DS.
  12. The Snake

The Snake New Member

Ratings:
    +183
    Its a shame the shop doesn't sell games specifically designed for the 3ds eg online multiplayer games or faceraider type games, these old nes games are ok but they sure look dated, some SNES or N64 games might fair better.
  13. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Here's the Japanese line up of GBA games available to download as part of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
    Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Metroid Fusion
    Wario Land 4
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

We should be getting the same later this month as all areas received the same NES Ambassador games.
  14. Floyd AVF

Floyd AVF Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,435
    Now available for download :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. AlpsUk

AlpsUk Active Member

Ratings:
    +737
    I've been a bit late to sign up to the ambassador program. My entry got accepted on Monday 19th December and they said to wait for some time to add my 3ds to the program. How long do you think it will be before I see the games in the eshop?
  16. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Once you've been accepted then they should be there. Go on to the eshop, select settings and they will be in 'titles you've downloaded'. You download them from there.
  17. AlpsUk

AlpsUk Active Member

Ratings:
    +737
    Been there mate. it only shows Pokedex, eurosport, zelda 4 swords and nintendo video.
  18. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Ah,I don't know then mate. I just thought you might be expecting the snes games to show up in the main part of the eshop when really it's hidden away in the options. I'm sure you'll get them soon :smashin:
  19. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +189