Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Japan Shipping.

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Chat' started by craigie998, Feb 23, 2009.

1. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hello.

Was really fed up this morning of not finding any decent sites anywhere on the net that had decent japanese consoles and games so I thought I would pop onto amazon.jp and of course they had absolutely everything I wanted, all in stock and the majority of them in new condition and the prices wernt too bad either (why couldn't I live in Japan) but of course there is the dreaded ''Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan'' message :(, does anybody know if that message is just for game software or is it just for everything on the site.

So I have been trying to find a way to get around this obstacle and I stumbled across a site called http://www.goodsfromjapan.com

They claim the following ''Need to buy something on Amazon Japan? Most of the items on Amazon Japan are NOT shipped out of Japan. GoodsFromJapan.com has agents in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Kyoto--and we can take care of your order.''

There is also this site Worldwide Shipping Agency Service From Japan Sere-nde【From 980 yen】

That simply state ''International shipping of your items from Japan to you''

What I want to ask is, has anyone here on AVF, has any experience with the japanese amazon and ever used any services to get some awesome stuff and if so was it costly, a pain the arse? Was it worth doing it again.

I know a lot of people will probably just state it is not worth the bother and I know there is a lot of Japanese eBay sellers, but 50% of the stuff on amazon.jp I have NEVER seen on eBay.

Of course if anybody knows of any sites that is like amazon.jp and ships world wide, please do tell me ^_^. (p.s. I already know about playasia)

Thanks.
    Craig.
  2. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Hey Craig,

Ah the lovely Amazon Japan.
    I've wanted loads of stuff off there before now but like you have stumbled on the shipping.

I do know that you can use proxy buyers to get your stuff & generally they are good.
    Only downsied is they obviously charge for the privelidge of using them.

I'll have a look on my other sites as I'm sure there were a couple of recommended ones but for the life of me I cant remember the names :(

Also worth looking on Yahoo Auctions Japan as there are some awesome pieces on there to buy including the sexiest Superguns you'll ever see (panatwin anyone???) ;)
    Again with Yahoo auctions you'll need a proxy buyer to get your goods to the UK but it can be done.

I'd expect a Customs hit as well for whatever you do buy so be prepared for it not to be as cheap you first expect.

Will let you know what I can find for you.

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey SW.

Long time no speak, you got ya dingoo yet? hehe, make sure ya let us all know when ya do as your topic has got everybody interested ^_^.

Yeah just lately I have wanted to start collecting all the japanese pokemon GB games and amazon seems to have the ultra rare 'blue' that is nowhere else to be found, also amazon seems to have a lot of my old favourite handheld consoles in new condition and they are getting so hard to find over here.

OOO yahoo auctions japan, is the site available in English, as I havent got round to start learning jap yet ^_^.

Is that what the professional name is then 'Proxy buyer', this sounds like it has opened a whole new bankrupt door for me lol as there has been so many things I have seen which have hit me with the ONLY SHIPS TO JAPAN.

Yeah I expected a HUGE customs hit, but before I ever use a 'Proxy Buyer' I will make sure I have saved up a lotta cash, and know all the costs that are involved.

That would be awesome of you, if you could give me some links and help me out, as Amazon.jp is not going to laugh at me behind my back, thinking it is so high and mighty just cause it has so much amazing stuff. ^_^.

Craig.
  4. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Afternoon :)

Lol I know I had seen the last few posts but didnt have much of an answer yet so havent really posted ;)
    Not here yet but there was a Card left by Postman Pat at lunch time for a recorded package so hopefully I'll be picking it up tomorrow ;)
    Will get some impressions as soon as I can.

I've had a wizz round my old threads elsewhere and it looks like the most popular Proxy in Japan is this one...

Shopping Mall Japan - Yahoo Japan Auction Bidding Service and Japanese Web Order Deputy!

They even have links to popular Auctions already translated & what have you :)
    I know of lost of people who use them & from what I gather they will even arrange to hold goods for you until you have a big enough stash to try & help save on postage.

I'm still on the hunt for other companies as I'm sure there were more that were recommended to me but the forum I had the links on has gone under now so most of the info was lost but I'm trying to get it together again as I'd like it myself as well.

I'll warn you though it will become VERY expensive browsing Yahoo.Jp so much cool stuff lurking on there ;)

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    ooo the dreaded 'sorry you were out' cards they do my head in, listen to this, last week when I was at home, sat downstairs on the pc in the living room, I heard some post come through the letter box, so I finished what I was doing and looked to see what had come, and what do I see a ''sorry you were out' card I was like W T F, they didn't even knock they just posted a bleedin card, I tryed to run after postie but unfortunately he/she has long gone, believe it or not, that set me up for the whole day, angry with the whole world, so then I arrange a redlivery via the royal mail site for 3 days later and suprise, suprise it doesn't turn up, so I just ended up going to the office and picking it up, silly posties.

Anyway enough of my, post officers should be burned alive, ranting, that site you posted looks awesome, very confusing though, I think I will need a step by step guide by someone who has done this sort of thing, before I tackle it.

I had a look on yahoo.jp and they didn't have any game boy items :(

Thanks again.
    Craig.
  6. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Lol my postie has actually started delivering signed for items without getting a signature.

I got home the other week to find a game I'd ordered sitting on my doormat with the recorded delivery label totally intact :eek:

It wasnt anything cheap either I'd finally got a boxed version of Akumajo Dracula XX on the SNES only to find that the postie hadnt bothered doing his job properly & just dumped it through the letterbox.
    Now if I was a bad sort I could just claim it was lost & get my money back...but I'm not, still it's annoying to know you pay for the extra security of recorded & they cant be arsed to do it properly.

I'll keep trying to see if I can find any online guides for you but they do have a guide on their site which hopefully should tell you the basics...

Shopping Mall Japan - Japanese Auction Bidding and website order service!

Still scouring my resources for more info though ;)

Thats a shame about Yahoo not having the GB items...I didnt realise the Blue Pokemon cart was rare??
    I'm sure my brother has all the GB one's at home will check later ;)

Neil
  7. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Don't get me started on posties not doing their job properly, I could rant for hours, they annoy me as much as the cheeky gits on eBay that over charge on postage.

I have had a good read on the sites 'help' section but it doesn't seem to specify how I go about ordering items from amazon.jp, just auction related items.

Pocket Monsters Ao (pokemon blue) cart alone, seems to be not that rare, but in boxed condition, is quite hard to find, according to my research, apparently the japanese poke blue is more rare than pokemon green.

That would be rad of ya, if you could check if your bro had it ^_^.

Hope you can find some more info on proxy-ing.

Thanks.
    Craig.
  8. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Posties are the bane of my life...my Asian Collectors edition of Street Fighter IV for the 360 finally arrived today after 11 days in limbo but not only that my Japanese 360 version of Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou also arrived today but that had only been in the post for 5 days just doesnt make sense why one can take so long when they are being posted from the same place :confused::confused:

Anyway I've just checked with my bro & unfortunatley he sold all the pokemon games a while back (he had all the original GB ones as well :()

Also been looking round Shopping Mall Japan & just been looking at how to order from stores.
    Looks like you follow a link & get to this page...

Shopping Mall Japan - Japanese Auction Bidding and website order service!

Then you can pick from the list of items you want & then it will display a list of shops that stock those types goods (like Amazon) find what you want & then copy the URL (Non translated links only though) & the click on the option in the sidebar called "Website Order" which will bring up this page...

https://shoppingmalljapan.com/weborder.html

Once there paste the link of what you want rough price & any info for the item or your shopping requirements & submit the form, they will do the rest.

What I've noticed & is really cool is that they will actually shop round Akihabara district for you as well if there is something specific you want that's not listed on a site elsewhere...it's like your own personal shopper :D:D

Thats what I gather happens from having a look round the site anyway.
    I'd say if your unsure pop them an E-mail & I'm sure they'll help you out.

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Mega jealous I want the SF4 collectors ed for my ps3, Can't decide which version I am gonna get though, I think I'll go for the jap from playasia, so I can get me my cool Soundtrack cd ^_^, SF4 will give me a reason to get my ps3 out of its box again, its unbelievable how little play I have had out of it, the only game I have clocked 40 hours on is Soul Calibur 4. I may not be able to get the collectors edition for a while though, you think Playasia will still have it in stock, in a few months?

Thanks for asking him, means a lot dude ^_^, every little helps, hmm I swear that is off some sort of advert....

OMG you were so right about yahoo, I have just been browsing on it and there is so much amazing stuff, I can't believe these japs are willing to part with them :eek:, turns out I went on the wrong site to begin with, I went on to the international version, which had buggar all =P.

It doesn't actually sound too hard TBH, Personal shopper, that is awesome!!, as long as I wasn't getting any bootlegs:rolleyes:

I think I will wait a few months, then when I have saved up enough money I will get in touch with them, I will tell them my life story, how I have been searching for alternative sites to amazon.jp with no luck , yadda, yadda.

I would love to hear from people, who have actually had a first hand experience in this area, though, there must be some people here on AVF, who have done it before, I mean after all theres looooooads of collectors on here, ^_^.

Thanks for all your help again SW, you are legend ^_^.

Craig,
  10. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    No worries Craig happy to help out if I can :)

Not sure on the SFIV collectors front P-A have removed the Asian version I got with DVD & Calender so not convinced many will be left soon.

Here's a piccie of mine anyway just to be a little mean :rotfl:

[​IMG]

My brother was pretty gutted to hear the games are rare now & he sold his for pennies a while back :(

Lol I know Yahoo.Jp is like an electronic alladins cave...if you cant find it there you cant buy it ;) lol

I never knew about the personal shopper thing either that sounds like an awesome idea...I'm still trying to get hold of a copy of Batsugun for the Jpn Saturn but struggling so might even use them to look for a copy if I cant get any luck in a few weeks.

I reckon saving up for a few months is a perfect idea...can get a few pieces together then & save in the shipping costs ;)

I'll keep looking for some first hand stories of using them & I'll let you know what I find.

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    :rolleyes: Oh your a nasty piece of work lol. I was originally saving up and going to buy SF4 and The sims 3 together, this is when Amazon, stated that it would be released on like 20th of feb, but I ended up buying loads of retro stuff off eBay as per ususal lol.

Meh, I betya playasia will be out of stock, when I choose to order, there has been so many things I have wanted off playasia just lately and they are either a) Out of stock or B) all of a sudden don't ship to Europe.

Ohh If we could all go back in time, ey, I use to have some awesome stuff, I remember having Resident Evil Gaiden for the game boy, which nowadays is quite rare and fetches between £50-£75 and I must have had between 50-75 GBA games and I can't believe I sold them ALL, when I was desperate for cash.

Yahoo.jp is damn awesome, its werid to think that over there, they can just walk into a discount shop and buy loads of awesome stuff for a couple of quid, while discount shops over here, HA, what do we get, lighters and garden gnomes lol.

Just had a look on Genki for you, they have BATSUGUN on their site, have you been on Genki and back ordered it? I don't think I have ever played on a Sega Saturn, they any good, I think the cases look awesome ^_^.

Yeah thats what am deffo gonna do, am gonna try stop buying ABSULETELY anything off the internet, can't believe how addicted I actually am to E-commerce, then when I do this whole 'Proxy buyer' thing I can be ready for anything that is thrown at me, and also I can buy lots lol. I am going to make sure I spend a week, before hand though searching the internet like mad, to see if I can find any other place that ships worldwide that sells, as it would be preety pointles doing this proxy thing when there is somewhere out there that ships to uk. ^_^.

You get on the trail SW and find some stories.

Thanks.
    Craig.
  12. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Lol Sorry couldnt help myself ;)

I have to be VERY careful when browsing Ebay...I can spend waaaaaaaay too much money there, I tend to find I browse the Japanese PVC figures way too much & they all look so cool but I just dont have the room to display them let alone the money to buy them ;) lol

Play-Asia actually ship everything to the UK except -

PS3 Software/Hardware
    PSP Software/Hardware

You can get anything else except that...which is a bit daft really.

Oh yes if I could go back in time I would have an almost complete semi mint G1 Transformers collection...sold them at boot sales back in the day to fund my increasing interest in SNES gaming :(
    Still you live & learn dont you ;)

Wow didnt realise RE on the GB would increase in value like that :eek:
    Never played it myself but would be nice to have anyway ;)
    Well you have to do these things when you need cash so I'm sure it was worth it then.

I'd love to visit Japan & do the shopping districts...I'd come back broke but it would be SO worth it :)
    The shopping out there appeals to me more than anything America can offer me...maybe one day I'll get there.

Thanks for looking at Genki for me...hadnt really looked at them just added a backorder on the site so hopefully they'll find me something, thought I'd have to end up paying over inflated Egay prices at this rate but fingers crossed Genki will come up trumps :)

I love my Saturn...I've got 2 a modified PAL machine to play US/UK games & a White Jpn unit & I'd never part with either of them.
    Out of everything I own console or otherwise these would go nowhere...if you wanted them you would have to prise them from my cold dead hands, I would starve rather than sell them or any of my games :rotfl:
    I recommend them to anyone...if you havent owned one then you should.
    Some seriously awesome games available in Japan including some of the best shooters ever devised....Battle Garegga, Soukyugurentai, Batsugun & Radiant Silvergun to name a few.
    Then you have the Capcom 2D Fighters like Marvel Vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 3 & Darkstalkers
    There really is something on there for everyone an awesome awesome piece of kit.

Saving is the best bet ;)
    Once you get started on that Proxy Bidding/Buying it wont stop ;)

Still not had any luck finding reports on using the proxies :(

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    It is so ADDICTIVE isn't it, I hate it when you find an item you have been looking for, for ages and then you think oo I'll check this seller out and see if hes got anything else I may interested in and then you see he has got pages of pages of PERFECT stuff, I have a few jap sellers in my 'saved sellers' and they have some bloody amazing stuff, one of which has the PSP-3000 Final Fantasy Dissidia Special edition version which I want SOOOO badly ^_^.

I would love to start collecting some more figures, I only have like 3 at the mo, Ada Wong (RE4 version) Tifa (FF7AC) and Super Saiyan Goku (only a mini one though) but I am glad I am not addicted to collecting figures as I think I am addicting to buying enough things.

Really! As if they don't ship ps3 and psp stuff, thats BS and so unfair, was deffo interested in purchasing some jap ps3 and psp stuff in the future.

Yeah its unbelievable, but whats more annoying is having to buy it alllll again and at like triple the price <<.

I would actually need 100's of thousands of pounds to go shopping in japan and I would probably set off some alarms going back through customs, I would probably have to take loads of suitcases with me, to be able to bring all my awesome jap stuff back with me, AHHH I am actually getting in to my head now that I am going to japan. :(

Darkstalkers = Genius, I can't believe how amazing the animation is on that game, I could just sit and watch it all day ^_^. I can never decide which game is better though, Darkstalkers or Guilty Gear Hmmmmm.

I am sure I will get round to buying a Saturn one day, I mean it is on my to do list to try and get the majority of consoles, maybe after I have the megadrive, DC and SF, I may consider getting the Saturn ^_^.

I know it will become another addiction of mine, lol, just out of interest, do you know if there are proxy buers for amazon.com, as there are a lot of american items I have seen as well, obviously not up to the same standards of the japs of course, but when collecting items I love having the PAL version, the NTSC U version and the NTSC J version so its a complete collection, YAY ^_^.

Thanks again.
    Craig.
  14. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Hmmmm Darkstalkers or Guilty Gear?? Which is better?? There's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously though I love Both.
    Guilty Gear has become one of my fave PS2 fighters though...so awesome & coulourful & the characters are simply beautiful.

Dont get me started on figures...

Transformers toys pictures by Soundwaves_toys - Photobucket
    Pictures by Soundwaves_toys - Photobucket

Far too much money spent there.

If you want PS3/PSP software then Yesasia.com is your friend...wont sell hardware but games are still available through them.

With Amazon America you should be able to buy through the site direct.
    I used them to get my HD-DVD copies of Appleseed: Ex Machina & I Am Legend a few months ago with no problems so you shouldnt have any problems really.

I am planning on making a trip to Japan sometime wont be for a while yet...need to save loads first ;) but I will get there, it's in my list of places to visit.
    I gave up on PAL versions of games a long time ago...last PAL games I bought were for my Gamecube a couple of years ago, it's all Jpn/US for me now.
    I dont actually own a PAL machine anymore...my sig lists my machines & I've now replaced my PAL Gamecube with my US Wii & my PAL DC with a Jpn one so only thing that remains is my PAL Modded Crystal X-box & thats only there for Emulators now anyway ;)

Neil
  15. buster_broon

buster_broon Active Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Amazon.Jp are pretty good, but you will pay duty if its over £18

the market place however is full of lovely items (Hellboy figureine and dvd) but the market place dont sell outside Japan, which is a shame

if you want your first saaturn game, make me an offer on my Psychic Killer Taromaru :)

anyway there are loads of proxy bidder services like Rinkya
  16. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Did you steal that off of that silly Harry Hill show lol, TBH GG's battle system still confuses the hell out of me and don't get me started on Dizzy, dear god I almost cried when I first battled it.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your DBZ FIGURES :eek: *DROOLS*, I never had an interest in collecting dbz figures before, but now you have shown me yours!!! You must give me Frieza :lease:, fave char, no questions asked ^_^.

Will check Yes Asia out ^_^.

Nah a lot of games don't ship to the UK on amazon.com, fortunately there are a lot of sellers on amazonUK that sell a lot of US based stuff, as I have got the entire collection of Ben10 dvd's in my basket. (yeah, sad I know =P)

Pal versions of games, do suck ass, what with their poopy cover deisgn and all but its just cause at the mo I have a LOT of pal games, so instead of just replacing them I may aswell just add US and Jap games to the collection ^_^, so I can compare the pal and jap games and have a good old laugh.

I think the one problem that would occur if I did ever go to Japan, is that I would NEVER want to come home ^_^, Japan would definately be an upgrage from my last holiday, Skegness LMAO!

Craig.
  17. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Lol yep stollen from Harry Hills TV Burp ;)

As for GG I'm still not sure on the fight system properly but it's still so much fun to play...Midnight Carnival on the PS2 is my best version.
    Although my best Fighter period is Hokuto No Ken on PS2/Atomiswave arcade...from the same team as the GG series & is achingly beautiful.
    Plays so well too.

Ah my DBZ collection...took me quite some time to amass that lot.
    Worth it though :D:D
    I love DBZ awesome series.
    If you like Frieza might I turn your attention to the new Hybrid/Ultimate figures...

DRAGON BALL Z SUPER FREEZA DBZ ACTION FIGURE NEW on eBay, also DragonBall Z, Anime, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies (end time 12-Mar-09 17:00:31 GMT)

More poseable than my series of figures.
    I've got a Trunks & Goku on order at the moment...hadnt bought any for ages but then stumbled across these a few days ago now & had to add them to the collection ;)
    Hopefully will be getting a Brolly, Gohan & Majin Buu in a couple of weeks as well.

That sucks with Amazon.com thought they shipped ok...Although Buster says the site does just not market place sellers :(
    Nothing wrong with Ben 10 I quite like it myself...not sold on the new Alien Force stuff though, but it's early days :)

I never have understood the reason why PAL releases normally get terrible cover artwork when the covers for Jpn/US are normally so pretty.

Dont I went to Florida & Vegas last year & both time it was a huge struggle to come home...hate leaving America, would love to move there one day.

Neil
  18. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    hehe. Use to watch TV burp all the time, but nowadays I can't STAND tv soaps, so i don't really see much point in watching it any more.

My 2 fave chars in GG have to be Sol and testament, so awesomeness ^_^.

DBZ is my fave all time Anime, nothing has ever, in my opinion beat it, it kicks, Naruto's, FMA, Bleach's ass ^_^, I love the games aswell, the story modes are amazing, although for some reason I didn't like Burst Limit much, maybe I didn't give it a chance...

OH and as for the 'MOVIE' It actually makes me feel sick and I have to change the channel everytime the advert comes on, I will never EVER watch it, as it will destroy DBZ for me in every single way possible.

Have you heard about the Dragaonball MMO that is out in Japan Dragon Ball MMO coming to Japan in 2008

I would love to get into another MMO, the last I played was maple story and I spent so many hours on it, sleepless nights hehe ^_^.

Yeah it sucks big time with us amazon, they are okay at shipping certain things, but things like games and hardware they are strict with, although when I am desperate for an item I actually get in contact with a seller, one seller I asked actually listed her item (Crystallis for GBC ^_^) on eBay for me, due to the restrictions on amazon.

I think ben 10 is so awesome, I looove Alien Force, the new aliens are wicked, gwen is not as annoying and her new powers are minted. Its a shame they seem to have made Ben too mature though, as he really made me laugh in the original, he seems to have lost his personality all together..... Even though, love both series, AF for me is just a totally different show, and I really try not to compare it to the original at all.

Bit peed off though, as CN keeps showing repeats, rather than dishing out some new uns, its unfair enough that the US got this show nearly a year ago.

I have always wanted to move to America and have always said I will one day, it would be a dream for me ^_^ I wanna get a decent job that can somehow, transfer me over there lol. Am definately going to consider it, when I can afford a house, I mean come on who actually chooses to live in the crappy UK.

Of course if I won the lottery I could get a house in Tokyo and NYC.. Wishfull thinking, ey? ^_^

Craig.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  19. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    I love TV Burp my fave show on telly to be honest & I dont watch the soaps either but it's just Harry himself that helps make it all so funny for me.

I've always been partial to Dizzy & Zato-1 in the GG games personally.
    Although I'm happy to soldier on with all of them ;)

I've always had a soft spot for DBZ but currently it's been surpassed as my best anime ever by Bleach & Death Note.
    Couldnt tell you what it is about Bleach but I just find it so awesome, brilliant characters & great stories have sold me on it.
    Death Note is just plain brilliant though...the story is so gripping I loved every second of it :)

The Movie makes me sad :(
    I cant believe Akira Toriyama allowed it to happen, such an abomination & it makes my blood boil just thinking about it :(

I havent played Burst Limit but I do love Budokai Tenkachi 3 on the Wii...nothing like having to perform Goku's Spirit Bomb in real life with the Wii controllers :D:D

Whooo a DBZ MMO would be awesome :)
    Never played one myself but I've always been interested in them & a DBZ one would be so cool to get into.

Thats cool with the US Sellers.
    They are normally pretty good if you ask them...it's all money at the end of the day isnt it??

I had noticed that with AF I think thats maybe why I dont enjoy it as much as the original...Ben's new attitude doesnt seem to gel well enough.
    Do like the new Aliens though they look very cool & glad to see Kevin back as well but I was totally shocked with the Grandpa Max situation (Which I wont divuldge just incase anyone else reading hasnt seen it yet ;))

I'd love to see Cartoon Network start sorting their schedules out better constantly just repeat the same stuff & never in the right order :(
    Wish they'd start showing some older shows again as well like the used too...DBZ & Gundam Wing would be good ;)

I'd love to move to the US...would be a dream come true...but alas without a Lottery win I cant see it happening.
    Washington would be my chosen state but that's because I'm a huge Washington Redksins NFL fan & living there would mean I could go to Games :) lol

Japan would be cool too but I think America will always be my first choice.

Neil
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Harry Hill, is just crazy if you ask me ^_^.

:O Shocking how could you betray DBZ lol, only kidding, pokemon is closely behind DBZ in my opinion, absuletely <3 it, not too keen on the movies though and then probably digimon behind that, jeeze I miss watching digimon,Yugi-oh Rocks too, but always seem to miss it.

My chinese bud loves Death note, but unfortunately I have never gotten round to watching it yet.

Why didn't Akira just decide on a CGI, like Resident Evil Degenration was (still haven't got round to watching that)

Make me sad too, DBZ is gonna lose a lot of fans over this and I doubt the film will make much money, film producers need to realize that making live action movies often end up being utter ******, I wont start listing any as I am sure that is for a whollle different thread lol ^_^.

I loved DBZ on the wii, it was AMAZING, a proper work out aswell, I must say it was one of the funnest games I have played on the wii, its up there with Wii sports, which is practacly the only game I played on the wii, bowling and Baseball FTW ^_^.

Echo is an early fave with me, he is proper cool ^_^, Kevin rocks, so I am glad he is on the winning team and that he seems to have kept quite a bit of his personality.

What shocked me more about the Max thing, is how little emotion Ben and Gwen had and on the next episode it was like it never happend, was like W T F.

CN really pi**es me off, seen as it is practacly the only channel I watch, the listings are half of the time wrong and dont get me started on Cartoon Cartoons, I use to love watching all the old classics from back in the day (Cow and chicken, I am weasel, JB, Dexters lab, Courage etc), but now it is so messed up, they showed like the same programs for months and months, and now all of a sudden they have changed it to random ben 10 eps, sometimes even showing part 2 of an ep first, which really doesn't make sense.

Use to really love cartoon cartoons as every month they would change the programs, but now CN just can't be bothered to, I grew up with shows like Dexters lab and courage and Cow and chicken and I have no other way to watch them, I do own a few CN dvds from madman, but its only like 1, 2 seasons of each, Y CANT CN GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND START PRODUCING SOME FULL COLLECTION DVDS, sorry I have gone off the deep end and off the point of the thread, but CN really need to start getting their act together, and I bet CN in the US arent like this, although funnily enough apparently Shows like Family Guy are on CN at night, lol ^_^.

I can honestly say over here in the UK, sport absuletely sucks, I HATE BRITISH SPORTS! But in the US they got baseball and awesome football which is amazing! I would love to go to a baseball game, would be minted, would also love to play baseball ^_^. Would have loved to have gotten the option at school to play american sports at but nooooo all we got is UK football which I absuletely dispise.

There is only one thing in the world that would put me off living in the states and thats my HUGE phobia I have, see if you can guess what it is, I'll give you a clue, they are much bigger in the US than they are in the UK.

Craig.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  21. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Harry is indeed a mentalist ;) lol

My brother is a huge Yu-Gi nut loves it must have about a billion cards nocking about.
    I never really got that one or Pokemon to be honest.

Death Note you MUST watch it's simply amazing.

I'd have loved a proper Akira Toriyama style traditional Animated movie for DBZ but alas Hollywood got their claws in it so it's pretty much ruined now :(

Echo just reminds me of Ditto with the added benefit of white noise ;)
    I was a bit saddened by the whole Gandpa Max thing & lack of any emotion from any of them it wasnt handled very well at all to be honest.

I've given up on a lot of what CN shows...Johnny Bravo & Dexter were 2 of their best shows & they've just been dropped totally.
    I just watch Ben 10, AF & Fosters now, thats it.
    Shame as it was an awesome channel.

I'm not a British sport fan at all...you can keep them all.
    NFL for me all the way love it.
    I've even been lucky enough to go to Washington to see the Redskins play at Fedex Field which was an amazing experience.
    I was also at the last 2 Wembley games & I've got tickets for this years one too.
    In the last 2 years I've been to more NFL games than I've been to English Football matches in 9 years...just find normal football so dull...but then most people I know say the same thing about NFL so it's swings & roundabouts really.
    I've got a local British American Football team called the Essex Spartans & they sometimes have open tryouts which I might do one time...probably get beaten to a pulp but will be fun finding out ;) lol

Hmmm Phobia would have to be either Spiders or Snakes??
    I'm not a big fan of Spiders myself but I dont think even they could stop me moving there given the chance ;)

Neil
  22. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hehe. talking about pokemon, just ordered a Jungle theme deck off eBay for £7, wooop ^_^, can't believe I slung all my cards out aaaages ago, so trying to start my collection up from the start again.

Ditto was my fave alien from the original ben 10, thought he was awesome, and ya gotta love the voice ^_^.

Fosters is awesome, got season1+2 on dvd, just waiting for the release of the others now, apparently according to wiki, season 3 should be soon, I liked JB, but I think the episodes got quite weak, later in the series, and I swear they changed momma's voice too....

Dexters Lab is amazing, Seth should have definately produced more stuff for CN, I don't understand though why so many people hated the later series as I thought they were awesome and I loved the upgraded visuals and the different vocals.. Oh well guess you can't please everybody.

CN was a bad ass channel back in the day, but with so many poopy toons being introduced it is going downhill, I mean W T F is, storm hawks and chop sock chooks and that whole star wars thing... Yeah I know a lotta peeps like SW but is CN really a channel for that.

Apparently over in the us they dont even show, shows like Ed edd and eddy or even billy and mandy any more and I betya thats whats gonna happen over here soon, I can't live without my daily ed dose ^_^.

English sports are dull, end of, I think a huge part of the fun, will be getting battered, as long as ya enjoyed ya self lol ^_^.

I <3 snakes, but yeah bang on with the other one, the are the only things that scares me in the world, oh it wouldn't stop me going to live in the us, if I got the chance, nothing would, but it would take me a while to get use to it.

Was watching this video on YT, where this dude found this MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE, spider in his garage, I almost cacked my pants, and they are so tiny where I live, so it will be like attack of the martians over there.

Craig.
  23. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    Excllent stuff for the Pokemon Deck :)

Was just up in the parents loft sorting some games out & found all my old Dragonball Z Trading card game cards & starter decks...had loads of those back in the day :)

Ditto was very cool...like you said loved the voice.
    Cant really say I had a fave they were all good.

Fosters is hillarious I think Cheese is about the greatest character ever created...simply hillarious watching him :)

I loved Dexter...all the series were brilliant dont think there was a bad episode in there.
    I'd love a new series

JB did get old quite quickly...only so many ways you can do the same story really ;)

I really enjoyed the original Clone Wars cartoon they showed on CN but the new on that was on Sky Movies is noway near as good :(
    I dont get Chop Socky or Storm Hawks either...both suck

The missus loves Ed Edd & Eddy, not a big fan myself though :(

Lol Spiders are one of things I'm pretty scared of too, I'd cope with them out there if I had too but I dont really like them

Ooooh getting back on topic for a second...found another Proxy to try -

Celga, Inc. - Your source for Japanese goods.

Seem quite good & have a big section dedicated to just buying from websites -

Celga, Inc. - Your source for Japanese goods.

Seems like a good site & it's been recommended by a few people.
    Might be worth registering with??

Neil
  24. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I like chocolate milk.. Cheese owns, tis a shame there wasn't many eps with cheese in :(.

Bloody ell thats going back, I know I had quite a few DBZ cards AGES ago back in the good old days wher dbz would be on Toonami *sighs*.

Dexter woz bitchin I just wish they didn't have the 'Justice Friends' and ' Dial M For Monkey' episodes though, as awesome as they were I would have prefered more actual episodes.

How can you not like the eds :eek: they are hillarious, double d has had me in stiches many a time, and you must have heard of the ed edd and eddy movie, I am sooo excited ^_^.

Imagine though, in the US cause there so much bigger, you would probably actually hear them moving and dropping on to the floor, 'AHHHHHH' you can bring a knife carrying murderer into my house any day, just don't bring spiders in.

Oh the trouble that spiders have brought to my life, many sleepless nights, many nights having to sleep in a different room, or at 2am in the morning trying to destroy it, with a slipper and gassing myself out with deodrant, they are just the most pointless things in existence, why do they exist, why god why!?!?!?!?

Well back to the topic at hand lol, them sites look preety rad, am gonna register with them now actually and ask them a few questions ^_^.

Thank ya.
    Craig.
  25. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,158
    I'd love to see more Cheese Episodes, most awesome cartoon character ever :)

I didnt realise I had so many of the cards.
    Got about 5 starter decks as well.

Yeah some of the Monkey episoded were a bit stupid, didnt mind the Justice Friends one's too much.

Which reminds me the Justice League/Unlimited series was the last really good cartoon that CN showed that isnt Ben 10 ;)
    Loved that series but that stems from a huge love of the Pual Dini/Bruce Timm Batman & Superman cartoons of the 90's.
    I love their whole art style & story telling simple amazing viewing.

Oh dont get me wrong I do enjoy the odd Ed episode & it does make me laugh but I've never really gone out of my way to watch them if you know what I mean...can take them or leave them really.
    Didnt know about the movie will tell the missus...she'll be a happy bunny ;)

Lol I know what you mean about the size of spiders out there though...I reckon if the house is quiet enough you'd deffinitley hear them moving around ;) lol
    Kinda like the one's in 8 Legged Freaks ;) lol

No worries for the new links.
    Looks like a good site for what your after.
    I'm tempted to start browsing myself but I should really cut back on my spending...I do have a wedding to save for yet ;) lol

Neil
  26. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    You will have to pic some of your decks and show me em, I can't even recall what they looked like.

Got the Dexter musical song in my head now. am making believe I'm sailing on the sea! am Making believe I'm captain of the Pea! I'm sailing through the water And I'll dock right on the shore!

Hey! I've never laid eyes On that bookcase before!
    It seems so very strange
    That all these books Would just show up!
    I better tug on this one and--

Oh my goodness!
    The walls fly up!

Jesus I can't believe how much I laughed when I saw dee dee in that boat singing dat song, how random was that.... lol.

Never really bin a Batman/Superman fan tbh, although I do think X men is preety rad ^_^.

Ed edd and eddy's big picture show (title of movie) is apparently going to air in the us around March this year so the UK will probably get it in 2011 lol. Can't wait for it, apparently we find out whats under dd's hat and we also meet Eddy's brother and the parents that are non existant ^_^.

Ahhhh don't say that, thats terrible, although technically, 8 legged freaks was such a pathetic movie and they didn't even look real, so bring it on baby ^_^. Although if you said like Aracnaphobia, then that would be a different matter :eek::eek::eek:, ...

I registered to that site, although had a good read through the site and am scared by all the technicalities and the costs involved, and the fact you have to do a money wire transfer thingy, sounds risky....

Thanks again Shocker..

Craig.
  27. Laubi02

Laubi02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +269
    TV burps!! (i got it any way)

just stumbled on this thread, i dont know whether it wil help or not, but for the odd things from japan/hong kong.

i have used yesasia.com and gamesasia. (and the popular playasia).

if its something super rare or hard to get hold of, i actually do a personal shopper thing for a couple of poeople i know. as i go to hong kong every year, i get some stuff for people and bring it back to uk. sadly, im not going back till october this year so cant help you out!!!
  28. craigie998

craigie998 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey Laubi ^_^.

Playasia rocks, have used them for the past few years, just wish they had more stock updates ^_^.

You go to HK wow, that is awesome, so mega jealous! That is mega nice of you, to do a personal shop, no worries though as I wasn't planning on buying stuff from Japan for a long time newhoo, gotta lotta saving up to do first ^_^.

Cheers.
    Craig.
  29. evade

evade Member

Ratings:
    +59
    :) I went through a phase of purchasing goodies from Yahoo Japan a few years ago, addictive hell yes and even better back then, as sellers on Yahoo Japan never posted externally, made some nice profits on ebay. I used Rinkya which is a very good company, polite coms and a good service only downside was that you paid for the won item to be shipped to their warehouse then a charge for using them for bidding and then more charges for re packaging and posting on to you.

Still the upside was that you could pick up some nice Ltd edition stuff cheap on Yahoo. Which reminds me that I found some old pictures of some of the goodies I purchased on my old HD the other day :)
  30. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,268
    Did Amazon.jp ship to the UK? I'm after some headsets which aren't released here yet ATH-AD900X and on Amazon Japan they are cheap compared to the US.