1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to liposuction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jenn, Feb 23, 2012.

1. DrPhil

DrPhil Active Member

Ratings:
    +4,143
    Now that's what confuses me.

Nearly 30 posts by a woman talking about her figure and nobody has asked for pics!

I'm not asking either by the way, just wondering where all the pervs have gone! :D
  2. Jenn

Jenn Member

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Well I'm a married woman with child asking about how to lose my stomach, I'm sure there's more tempting stuff out there :laugh:

Plus there's no chance I'd post a picture!
  3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,223
    A 500 calorie deficit each day would let you lose 1 pound a week. Cutting carbs to a minimum will help a lot.

It would really help if you could take a walk for 30 minutes a 4 times a week. Could you take your son with you?

Try drinking more water too. It will help reduce or eliminate water retention.

Tesco's sell kettlebells. I would try lifting a 5kg one and see if it is ok. It needs to be light enough to use for however long you want to use.
  4. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Have a 30 hour jog every second morning or night? Then increase to 1 hour.
  5. Foster

Foster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,083
    30 hour jog :eek:
  6. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,148
    Berties you sound like a Chinese spammer trying to insert a post so it looks like it fits in.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lol yeah. Sleep jog.
  8. Jenn

Jenn Member

Ratings:
    +1,276
    If you don't mind I'd rather get advice from people who have some good knowledge about the matter.

I hate running, I can't run, and like I said I have a busy life so no time for exercise out of the house. Plus cardio is not what I need now.
  9. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,278
    Too busy for exercising 60+ mins a day everyday, 7+ hours a week wasted where I can use it training & building my Co.

I'm getting Lipo maybe this year but probably next.

I spent sorry lost hours & hours in the gym to lose love handles & belly fat. I don't have the time now so lipo it is.
  10. GBDG1

GBDG1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,288
    Not really. Take a look at some of the most successful entrepreneurs and business people. Many of them are in amazing shape.

Even the most efficient humans are only capable of working a certain number of hours per day, after that you become fatigued and your efficiency suffers quite a bit.

Physical exercise helps with stress relief, concentration, happiness and well being. Combined with a good diet, it's an awesome way to manage a busy life.

Watching TV is a waste of an hour. Working out definitely isn't! Besides, who said you needed to do an hour plus a day, 7 days a week! 30 mins of well thought out HIIT 4 x per week would be fine.
  11. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,278
    'Successful'. ;).

An hour working out equates to 2 hours lost. Prepare drive change warm up exercise shower change drive home.

Quick 30min watching fireman Sam with my son followed by reading a book in his bed is far more beneficial.

Imho
  12. GBDG1

GBDG1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,288
    Who said you needed to go to the gym? You could even exercise while watching Fireman Sam with your son.

It's not really worth arguing about, because you can do what you want with your time. I'm just making the point that exercise is pretty much never a waste of time.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Jenn

Jenn Member

Ratings:
    +1,276
    I can see where BB3Lions is coming from.

When you run a business, contrary to what people tend to think, you don't get more leisure time while "exploiting slaves", you find that you actually invest as much time as you possibly can to make it a success. In the last 3 years it has certainly become a challenge for a lot of people.

So if you give them the choice between exercising for their health or working to make sure the mortgage is paid...

Like I said I sacrificed quality time with my son and husband to get to where I am now. I'm happy-ish with my shape but I can't say at the time I wasn't wishing I could join them in play.
  14. Educated Guess

Educated Guess Member

Ratings:
    +94
    Sounds like your trying to justify your lack of exercise. Like most things in life its all about getting a balance. Lipo wont cure the problem it will just alleviate it temporarily.
  15. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    If you want to lose fat you need to do cardio work.

Take up cycling?
  16. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,148
    Perhaps you could take up reading Berties, then you wouldn't make yourself look like you haven't read a post when you reply to it :smashin:
  17. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You can cycle indoors.
  18. unique

unique Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,251
    wouldn't your mum go mental with the mud on the carpets?
  19. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Road tyres don't hold onto mud. :rotfl:

Anyway could look into exercise bike? or if you have a push bike already (or buying one soon) could look into a trainer. Basically a A frame for the rear wheel. Recommend having a fan to cool you down.

You need to get your heart rate up to lose fat. You aren't going to do that going on a walk. Although you could try hiking up hills? That will be good. Last time I went to in Wales was a decent CV workout. Doing things like weights gain muscle. If your intention is to lost fat, do CV work. Eat less junk food and snacks.
  20. GBDG1

GBDG1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,288
    What you've said here is impressively almost 100% wrong.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  21. Jenn

Jenn Member

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Berties, you haven't read anything anyone has written so far, you don't understand what I want/need so please don't insist...

But thanks anyway
  22. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    My point being if you want to lose fat first I'd concentrate on CV work first. Once you've increased your level of fitness then look into putting muscle on. ie Cyclists look like chickens :D Generally light frame, little upper body strength, huge legs muscles and excellent stamina.

Could try self defence classes? Lots of CV work, and muscle work out.
  23. Iccz

Iccz Active Member

Ratings:
    +6,741
    It's not strictly about exercise, it's about calorie deficit.
  24. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045
    I was going to say this before reading the rest of the thread but having gotten to the end, it seems this is even more pertinent. It's not just about getting advice from those with knowledge, it's about those people understanding how you can apply the advice given and if you're able to fit it in with your needs. I could easily just say go to the gym umpteen times a week and do plenty of cardio whilst eating like a rabbit for the next 3 months. It will work, but it won't work for you because it's not something you can live with.

The advice of grabbing a kettlebell and a simple routine is good. It's easy to pick up, you can do it at home and equipment is cheap. You'll burn some fat and strengthen and build a little muscle at the same time. Please don't have the common female panic when you hear the word muscle, you're not going to turn in to Arnie overnight :) That along with a cutback in carbs should see you heading in the right direction and then we can adjust it again if needs be a little further down the line.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045
    Depends really. I run a business myself but still at one stage managed two hours cardio a day 7 days a week and one hour weights a day 5 days a week.
  26. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    True. However I think if you're obese it's easy to lose huge amounts of weight with a little exercise and watching what you eat. Bloke at work lost 6 stone by cutting junk food and going on a short walk everyday. Wheras I do not lose (or gain) 1 stone regardless.

Think it depends on your metabolic rate, considering I do eat a fair bit of junk food, and don't exercise as much as I should, I'm 78kg, 5'10"
  27. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,148
    Jenn isn't even overweight, but don't let that put you off advising her after she politely asked you to stop.
  28. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045
    Doesn't say a great deal though. I'm 5'7" and 79kg but we could be totally different shapes.
  29. CoolBreeze9

CoolBreeze9 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you are. ;)

Edit: As for what weight kettlebell you should get. I did a quick google search and apparently most women start with an 8kg one and men 16kg.

When I started, I had already been going to the gym a lot and was in the above average fitness/strength bracket and thought 16kg might be a little light for me and considered a 20kg one. In the end I chickened out and just got a 16kg. I'm glad that I did, it was and still is a really very taxing workout.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  30. sniffer66

sniffer66 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,808
    I'm seeing a triangle and an inverted triangle ;)