Aladdin: Disney Collection #1 (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

It'll be back at some point, at least allowing for cancellations and declined payments surely?

snooloui said:
Except this is actually sold out, it's confirmed.

Lol must of missed that part, Bloody good job i pre-ordered then, i did pre-order x2 of Nemo steel but recently cancelled the second copy as i would technically be triple dipping on it with the 3D version pre ordered with amazon also.

It is a good job. It won't be long until we see people trying to scalp this. I'm sure this will be the worst title so far for scalping.

snooloui said:
It is a good job. It won't be long until we see people trying to scalp this. I'm sure this will be the worst title so far for scalping.

You thinking this will end up Iron Man 1 prices or Thor?

I was surprised to see no "Pre orders" up on eBay earlier when I looked, won't be long.

It's anyone's guess. On the one hand it seems to be very popular (it is Disney after all) on the other I'm sure most have stocked up with multiple copies. As for the lack of listings on eBay, I believe that is down to eBay's presale listing policy which prohibits items being listed longer than 30 days before release :)

It's anyone's guess. On the one hand it seems to be very popular (it is Disney after all) on the other I'm sure most have stocked up with multiple copies. As for the lack of listings on eBay, I believe that is down to eBay's presale listing policy which prohibits items being listed longer than 30 days before release :)

WFRR got to £40 at the beginning and i'd say Aladdin will be a lot more popular than that, as you say being Disney... and a vault title... Thor prices wouldn't surprise me.

Didn't actually know about that eBay policy, learn something new everyday ;)

And the first?.

Keep an eye out, if both mine are mint, one will be in classifieds

Beauty and the Beast being my favourite, after the blu ray came out, I just could not sell my special edition DVD

I will keep a look out for your sale

DrH

RedDevil85 said:
Didn't actually know about that eBay policy, learn something new everyday ;)

Yes if you see any listings for Steelbook 'pre-orders' (and you disagree with the practice), you can report the listings and eBay should remove the listing :)

Managed to order 3, 1 to keep sealed 1 to watch and for my son

Just curious but why didn't you buy one steelbook to keep sealed and two standard copies at the lower price of £14 from Amazon (and which is available RIGHT NOW)? :confused:

Mr Regan said:

I hope you get them if they were ordered on the same account as Zavvi have been known to cancel when customers order more than 2 ?

Sadly I missed this due to being away. It really, really grates my nuts when people mass order titles like this purely for profit as collectors like me who only want the one copy miss out. P***es me off no end.

Alimonster said:
Sadly I missed this due to being away. It really, really grates my nuts when people mass order titles like this purely for profit as collectors like me who only want the one copy miss out. P***es me off no end.

Ditto, i got 1 order in but kind of selfishly wished id of got 2 now for a trade but because ive got so many steels on order at the min i just cant afford to double dip

Just curious but why didn't you buy one steelbook to keep sealed and two standard copies at the lower price of £14 from Amazon (and which is available RIGHT NOW)? :confused:

My Son is a steelbook collector and I personally prefer the look of a steelbook on my shelf and for a few quid more it was worth it for me as im a big Disney fan
:) oh and I do have the amaray

Last edited:

Annoying, I'm in the same boat and feel your frustration.
Especially as prior to my break I had every blu-ray steelbook on UK release (OCD Collector). Am now trying to catch up and struggling esp. with the likes of WFRR and this selling out so quick.

Annoying, I'm in the same boat and feel your frustration.
Especially as prior to my break I had every blu-ray steelbook on UK release (OCD Collector). Am now trying to catch up and struggling esp. with the likes of WFRR and this selling out so quick.

Im sure this will come in stock again, 5000 copies that sold out in under a week is a lot and I think the market will be flooded especially the bay on release day,

And with credit card declines and cancellations I can see this going for retail and just above before this starts to creep up in price.

Zavvi will probably shift them to their outlet store again and whack up the price!

imnotrich said:
Zavvi will probably shift them to their outlet store again and whack up the price!

I can guarantee that is what will happen, Zavvi are crafty and know when there is money to be made. I missed Roger Rabbit as they claimed it was out of stock then happened to find that the cheeky bleeders had shifted aload of their stock to the Zavvi Outlet on eBay right after release and i had to pay £22.99 for it.

blobby109 said:
I can guarantee that is what will happen, Zavvi are crafty and know when there is money to be made. I missed Roger Rabbit as they claimed it was out of stock then happened to find that the cheeky bleeders had shifted aload of their stock to the Zavvi Outlet on eBay right after release and i had to pay £22.99 for it.

Me too :(

CARLOS said:
I hope you get them if they were ordered on the same account as Zavvi have been known to cancel when customers order more than 2 ?

I assume only orders for more than five copies will be cancelled as per Zavvi's terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Two listings bidded up to £56 and £51 respectively (one now removed). Obviously being shill bidded so reported them to eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/aladdin-exclusive-uk-limited-edtion-blu-ray-steelbook-/261202636296

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/aladdin-exclusive-uk-limited-edtion-blu-ray-steelbook-/261202636296

I urge everyone to report similar listings as they are a **** take. Use the 'Report Item' link on the product page and select listing practices > inappropriate seller terms > presale as per eBay's policy of not allowing items to be sold more than 30 days before release:

Presale listings policy

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
dont think that guy learns - sure the same guy now has indy, argo, star trek and the town steels up.

Think you will find that guy is a fellow AVF member

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom