Aladdin: Disney Collection #1 (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

My aladdin came and its bad, all bend up and looks and the spine is bulging out. I effing hate zavvi and this is by far the worst steelbook damage iv ever got..what are people doing who got damaged? Is there no replacements? What do i do i dont want to be insulted by a £2 refund of a 10% off next order.

Attachments

• 1372892865616.jpg
    1372892865616.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 276
My aladdin came and its bad, all bend up and looks and the spine is bulging out. I effing hate zavvi and this is by far the worst steelbook damage iv ever got..what are people doing who got damaged? Is there no replacements? What do i do i dont want to be insulted by a £2 refund of a 10% off next order.

I have seen people on youtube taking steelbooks apart to insert inside artwork- that strip of metal on the spine could be removed and flattened out possibly if you put it under something heavy for a few days?
Still ridiculous these items arriving damaged tho.

There wasnt any relacements left they offered me a return and refund or £2 back which though tight was really the only option.

Thats crazy, what are Zavvi thinking. :confused:

I just checked if the discount codes work. Guess what no they don't!!

Probably thinking they can make an extra £6 from each one. This is why I really don't like zavvi, awful awful company IMO, no respect for their customers.

Don't forget to use discount code JULZ50 for £5 off a £50 spend.

I do have to say that this is very dishonest of Zavvi and shows nothing but contempt for their customers - not only do they refuse to replace damaged orders from loyal buyers but they also have the audacity to gazump their own prices.
Now I don't know how many they were holding back but i'm also sure that some people have by now (probably unneccessarily!) paid well over the odds on Ebay in the apparent knowledge that they were sold out!

Last edited:
That's a bit out of order! I can see some people being a bit naughty as a result of this.

do you mean ordering a new one and sending back the damaged one they were fobbed off with for a refund of the new inflated price?

i wouldnt call it naughty, id call it getting a mint copy for £17.99 like most of us got.

very shallow of zavvi to do this. the contempt they have....

do you mean ordering a new one and sending back the damaged one they were fobbed off with for a refund of the new inflated price?

i wouldnt call it naughty, id call it getting a mint copy for £17.99 like most of us got.

very shallow of zavvi to do this. the contempt they have....

I couldn't possibly endorse that sort of fraudulent behaviour.

i wouldnt call it fraudulent.

you buy 2 aladdin steelbooks from zavvi. one for £17.99 and one for £23.99

one is mint and one is damaged. you send the damaged one back for a refund of £23.99

i cant see the problem. id do it if i needed to. its not like i bought it from another site and sent them it.

if they hadnt changed the price and it was still £17.99 would you still say its fraudulent?

I think what zavvi have been doing with lack of replacements for stock and then either putting the miraculously found stock on ebay or suddenly ramping up the price as with this is really really poor. I can understand why people would do the naughty replacement thing but again, I'm not endorsing it.

I do have to say that this is very dishonest of Zavvi and shows nothing but contempt for their customers - not only do they refuse to replace damaged orders from loyal buyers but they also have the audacity to gazump their own prices.
Now I don't know how many they were holding back but i'm also sure that some people have by now (probably unneccessarily!) paid well over the odds on Ebay in the apparent knowledge that they were sold out!

It is very dishonest i agree, especially as they say the reason they can't replace is because the item is sold out and not in stock

Out of curiosity i put 100 in my basket and that was fine so they've got plenty! :thumbsdow

For those that needed a replacement you could try and get on to them now whilst they're in stock and see what excuse they come up with :rolleyes:

Indefensible and some tried to in the past when they were putting stock on the Outlet store and saying the rise in cost was partly because of eBay fees... what now? It's on their own website and for even higher than The Little Mermaid and The Jungle Book are available to order for.

They've pretty much got UK collectors over a barrel and can do what they want, if you want to continue to collect you have very little choice but to keep buying from them.... and clearly they know it so don't expect any change any time soon :thumbsdow

Did anyone actually order one or was it some sort of glitch?

Before we go crazy bashing Zavvi, let's just remember that Play.com did the same thing with Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Iron man 2 came back out quite a while later at £20. Even so zavvi are doing this repeatedly. Did play keep reserved stock back and then put them on eBay at inflated price?

Before we go crazy bashing Zavvi, let's just remember that Play.com did the same thing with Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Before we go crazy bashing? So do you think it's undeserved then?

Zavvi are the here and now, they are rightfully getting a justified response to something they've done and the way they choose to conduct themselves- you can't expect people to say nothing just because Play did it on occasion in the past, it doesn't matter what company does what they will get criticism where it warrants it and on this occassion it warrants it imo.

It's Zavvi that have done this now so it's Zavvi who will get criticised, can't hold another retailer accountable for it.

Also just because Play did it doesn't make it OK, i'd hope any company would get criticised for conducting themselves in this manner... Amazon, HMV, whoever.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom