Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice pls: V-Moda Crossfade or Klipsch Image One

Discussion in 'Headphones & Portable Music' started by musicnoob, May 2, 2011.

1. musicnoob

musicnoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

First post on here and that's because I know this forum is where the audiophiles are.

So I want your advice. I'm stuck whether I should get the Klipsch Image One or the V-Moda Crossfade lp. Part with your wisdom, please!

Thanks.
  2. rovex

rovex Member

Ratings:
    +29
    What are your preferences with regards to sound?

I could recommend better sounding headphones at a similar price. :)
  3. musicnoob

musicnoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I mostly listen to hip-hop and r and b. Although I do listen to the likes of Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble too. I would say 75-80% of my playlist is of pop music and hip hop.

What's your recommendation?! :)
  4. baginz10

baginz10 Member

Ratings:
    +171
    ive got the klipsch image one and mainly listen to hip hop and rap music.
    the sound is wonderful I had a pair of the bowers and wilkins p5 headphones which were more than double the price and can confirm I prefer these by far.
    havent listened to the crossfade lp's although the klipsch are a bit cheaper so I would say get the klipsch shop around you can find them for around £90 which is a steal
  5. mhorton

mhorton Member

Ratings:
    +157
    Agree with this. Had mine for a couple of months and happy with them. Got mine for just over £90. I posted a link in the bargain section of this very forum.
  6. baginz10

baginz10 Member

Ratings:
    +171
    amazon uk £79.52!!!

thats quite annoying I got mine from amazon in early february for around £127 god I wish there was some way I could return them and re order save myself £50 could I somehow do that? lol
  7. mhorton

mhorton Member

Ratings:
    +157
    I would get the quick. I can't seem them staying at that price for long. That's £12 cheaper than I got mind for.
  8. johnny-17

johnny-17 Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Been looking at various models recently and the Klipsch deal caught my eye too at Amazon. However, so too did the £89.99 deal for the Crossfades at Carphone Warehouse.

Was ready to push the button on the Image One's when I saw the Crossfades which I had ruled out earlier for some reason ? Perhaps it was the OTT Bass and 'Klingon' styling, but as they will be for home use only, who cares ?

I was reading so many reviews about who's Bass was 'muddy' and that Bose was better than Beats etc,etc. In the end I saw more positive reviews for V Moda than any other brand whereas all the others seemed 50/50 at best.

May not suit the purist's out there, but £90 seems a good value in the for the 'sound for you pound' argument. :smashin:
  9. mhorton

mhorton Member

Ratings:
    +157
    I do like the look of the Phantom Chrome, I heard a pair from a guy from work when he bought them a couple of days a go. I personally didn't like them sound isn't for me, but I can understand why people do buy them and that why it's always best to hear them rather just going from reviews as everyone has a different preference., I bought in my Image Ones so he could try them. He preferred mine. He has taken them back.
  10. baginz10

baginz10 Member

Ratings:
    +171
    I love my klipsch image ones! Ive had the bowers and wilkins p5 headset more than double the price not as good as the klipsch! Its all down to personal preference. headphones should allways be tried out first before buying.
  11. ssouthall6

ssouthall6 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Those who have the v-moda- I'm interested to hear how comfortable they are. Just splashed out on the klipsch ones and they are great, but just too uncomfortable.
  12. baginz10

baginz10 Member

Ratings:
    +171
    I know it sounds funny but you need to put them on in exactly the right place or they will hurt a little just like with any other headphones. Ive heard the vmoda are uncomfortable.
    With the klipsch makesure you have the headband centered at the top of your head Ive found if it rests more to the back of your head they will hurt.
  13. mhorton

mhorton Member

Ratings:
    +157
    Don't know if it's just me, but all of a sudden my ear get really hot in them, can't wear them now for more than an hour without having to take them off.