Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADVICE on RGB to Plasma VGA convertor

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by terryshep, May 2, 2002.

1. terryshep

terryshep Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i would like some advice on the JS Technology RGB to Plasma VGA convertor.

i have a Panasonic TH-42PW4B 42" plasma tv and want to connect Sky Plus to it using this convertor. At the moment it is connected via a scart to composite video connector and the picture is very good. How much of an improvement will i see by going from RGB to VGA ?

Also when i have my PC connected to the VGA i only get the options to display 4:3 and 16:9, will i have all of the other options available (such as 4:3, 16:9, Zoom, Panasonic Autio & Just) if i use the above convertor. I can't use component as i have my DVD player and Xbox connected in there.

Does anyone know where you can get a component switcher box so that i can connect both the xbox and DVD player up to the Plasma tv and switch between them without actually replacing connections as i do now.
  2. Ten

Ten Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how about using a quattro switcher, get some phono to scart convertors and plug them all in via it

or as recommended by someone on this forum, use a audio/video (composite) switcher, much cheaper

ten
  3. NeilS

NeilS Member

Ratings:
    +5
    If you're using composite video then going to RGB will be a big improvement.

You should have 16:9 4:3 and Zoom modes on VGA.

Neil
  4. terryshep

terryshep Member

Ratings:
    +4
    yes please
  5. terryshep

terryshep Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i take it that the JS Technology RGB to Plasma VGA convertor is not that good for the lack of replays
    so im not getting one thanks for saveing me £120 :D