Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding FTA channels to Humax FOXSAT HDR

Discussion in 'Freesat Forum' started by frembrit, Jan 16, 2010.

1. frembrit

frembrit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Would anyone know if it is possible to add extra FTA channels on the FOXSAT HDR box please?

I'm looking at buying one as the sky have stopped my card and want £20 for another, so it's time to get a PVR.

I know that I can do a manual tune to get it but I understand that the EPG does not work. So is it possible to add the channels manually to the Freesat Tune?

Failing that, is there a box out there that will allow me to add the extra channels and still keep the EPG?

Thanks.
  2. TonyA

TonyA Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    You can not add non-Freesat channels into the Freesat EPG on a Freesat branded receiver.

You do have non-Freesat mode, and get "now and next" for all of the channels in that mode, and you can group channels, and move them into a position in the non-Freesat mode of the EPG. You should be able to get the FTA channels that you are after in that mode (if they are not in the Freesat line-up).

But of course, you don't get the extended daily view, and series-link options etc... for non-Freesat channels.

Also, if you're recording in non-Freesat mode, you have to be careful that something isn't going to record in Freesat mode, as it will fail (and vice-versa!).

There is a manual tuning option as well.

What channel(s) do you want to ensure you get?
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. frembrit

frembrit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to get the PCNE Chinese channel which I believe is FTA but not on the Freesat listing. I don't understand it myself but my parents would watch this (As they did on Sky).
  4. TonyA

TonyA Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    You should be able to add the channel manually - tuning details are here: Search Results for - KingOfSat
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,107
    Not sure what freesat box you have but basically you need to choose manual tune and dial in 11623 H 27500 and then search

As Tonya said. Note on a freesat box this will leave you in non-freesat mode so you need to go back to freesat mode for the epg etc
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. TonyA

TonyA Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Tuned it in on my HDR earlier - no problem! Watched the Chinese version of CSI! Couldn't understand a word, but very entertaining!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. frembrit

frembrit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for doing that. It's good to know.

How do you change between modes? is it all in the menu or on a button on the remote?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to keep things easy for my mum.
  8. TonyA

TonyA Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Press MENU button on remote, in the SETTINGS MENU, press the right arrowkey to get into the selectable options, and select "STB Mode" - Press that and select "non-Freesat". Do the same thing to go back to "Freesat mode".