1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer H5360BD with screen £460 good deal?

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by dmid72, Dec 3, 2012.

1. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether I should wait until I find an 3D XL for my HD600x with 700 hours used or go out and buy a new pj with 3D built-in.

While researching I have found the Acer H5360BD with an 90" Acer screen plus delivery for £460 at Pixmania.

Does this sound like a good deal, would it be a suitable upgrade from my current pj and are Pixmania a trustworthy company to deal with?

Thanks in advance.
  2. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    Performance will be around the same as there both 720 dlp projectors the only difference is the built in 3d , your 600 does amazing 3d with a 3dxl my mate has one and I had the hd67 and 3dxl and was very happy with it

Depends if you want to go through the hassle of selling your 600 or get a cheap 3dxl unit and keep it

The prices not bad but you might be better going to projector point there selling it for around £430 with no screen
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks toddy really appreciate your feedback!
  4. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    I like my h5360bd.
    Great projector for the price.
    Dno about pix mania.
    The 3dxl is soon becoming old hat and newer pj's are all about onboard 3d processing.

I personally think 3dxl is'nt worth it today unless you want to add 3d to your 120hz pj and keep it that way and as this is what your thinking of it may not be a bad idea for you.

If i can see the difference between 2500 lumens and 2200 lumens the difference between 1600(hd600x) lumens and 2500 lumens must be a big jump in my eyes.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mocca, didn't notice the lumens difference.

One thing I have noticed is that some places list it as 3D Ready and some 3D Video but they have the same model number H5360BD.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went ahead and ordered the Acer H5360BD from Pixmania, I know they have had some mixed reviews but, I have been sending emails back and forth with them and they have been very helpful answering all my questions. Wish me luck.

This deal does not come with any glasses so, I have been looking for 4 pairs of cheap DLP link glasses on Ebay as at the moment I only have a £100 budget and a family of 4 to glass.

Been looking at these:
    DLP-Link 3D Projector Active Shutter Rechargeable USB Glasses Wireless | eBay

What I have noticed is that they have a green/red tint to them, is this normal for DLP link glasses?

Sorry for the noob question and thanks in advance.
  7. Toshman

Toshman Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Have a look on Amazon, I've got Sainsonic DPL Link glasses from there. They are excellent quality and come with their own storage bag and lens cloth for only £26.

My glasses have a tint just like you say, the 3D picture has a red tint to it so I think this is to neutralise this.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Toshman I'll check them out.
  9. dmid72

dmid72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Toshman, I ordered 4 pairs from Amazon and they came yesterday along with my Acer HD5360BD from Pixmania.

Managed to fit the Acer in the same spot my HD600x which was great however, the angle is very slightly off due to the crappy uni ceiling mount I ordered when I brought my HD600x, really need to upgrade!

Went out and got Avatar 3D and was blown away, it was the first time I have seen it in 3D and what a difference! there seemed to be more detail which I hadn't seen before.

Notes on Pixmania:

So far I think I managed to get a pretty good deal and Pixmania where pretty helpful and responsive with the emails I sent them however I did start to panic a little as it took longer to get the tracking code for the screen.

Acer HD5360BD,
    Acer 16:9 90" manual screen,
    24-48h express delivery
    £453.70 including £12 knocked off using UKPIXMAS12.

Only just got the tracking code for the screen from UPS so, cannot comment on that yet.

A couple of questions:

Anyone recommend a good ceiling mount for the Acer?

While watching Avatar my wife commented that now and again the screen would go pink for a sec, I didn't see it myself however I was closer to the screen could this be due to the distance she was for the screen? I was about 10" she was 13"

As a guess what price would my used HD600x fetch? (780 hours used)
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  10. Toshman

Toshman Member

Ratings:
    +56
    No problem mate, I bought Avatar the other day in 3D as well as I have only ever seen it in 2D, it is quite simply stunning!

The pink tinge with the glasses I think is down to the DPL Link technology, mine do it occasionally when they loose the sync signal from the screen. It tends to happen if you look away from the screen for a long time, or you can simulate it by covering the sensor between the lenses with your finger.