Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer 5738 W7 Upgrade Disk?

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by MarcP1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MarcP1

MarcP1 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I've got an Acer 5738 with Vista on it. When I bought it, it said I could get a free upgrade for W7 but I never bothered at the time.

Has anybody got an iso image of the disk? Given it's an upgrade, would I still need a key for it?

My other option is a Microsoft Action Pack W7 disk, but I wonder whether this will be more of a fresh install and not have all the right drivers.

Any thoughts before I go about this?

m
  2. MarkE19

MarkE19 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,086
    I just upgraded a friends Acer laptop last week from Vista to Win7 with the Acer official upgrade disc.

This disc is just a bog standard Win7 upgrade disc AFAIK but with Acer branding rather than MS, so you do need a Win7 upgrade license key to use it.
    Also the 'free' upgrade disc had to be bought (cost £20 IIRC to cover postage and handling costs :rolleyes: ) and was only available for a limited time from Acer. So if you now want to upgrade I think you would need to buy a Win7 upgrade from your retailer of choice.

Mark.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1