1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer 5738 W7 Upgrade Disk?

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by MarcP1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MarcP1

MarcP1 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I've got an Acer 5738 with Vista on it. When I bought it, it said I could get a free upgrade for W7 but I never bothered at the time.

Has anybody got an iso image of the disk? Given it's an upgrade, would I still need a key for it?

My other option is a Microsoft Action Pack W7 disk, but I wonder whether this will be more of a fresh install and not have all the right drivers.

Any thoughts before I go about this?

m
  2. MarkE19

MarkE19 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,025
    I just upgraded a friends Acer laptop last week from Vista to Win7 with the Acer official upgrade disc.

This disc is just a bog standard Win7 upgrade disc AFAIK but with Acer branding rather than MS, so you do need a Win7 upgrade license key to use it.
    Also the 'free' upgrade disc had to be bought (cost £20 IIRC to cover postage and handling costs :rolleyes: ) and was only available for a limited time from Acer. So if you now want to upgrade I think you would need to buy a Win7 upgrade from your retailer of choice.

Mark.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1