1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"a network error has occurred" tekken 5 DR why is this?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by shoestring25, Dec 27, 2007.

1. shoestring25

shoestring25 Active Member

Ratings:
    +171
    i got tekken 5 DR and want to play online i search for rooms find one then join then after a few second my user-name disappears and "a network error has occurred returning you to the main title screen" appears very annoying can anybody point me in the right direction as to why this is happening and how to solve it? :confused:

using a wired router with 1 meg broadband (is that too slow?)
  2. a_friend

a_friend Member

Ratings:
    +20
    me to
  3. shoestring25

shoestring25 Active Member

Ratings:
    +171
    my mate just rang me to say hes got the same thing now can anybody shed any light on this for us?
  4. Dragunov

Dragunov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off go to Network Settings and check your NAT Type. If it's Type 1 or 2 that should be alright, but Type 3 then you'll need to change with port forwarding or activating UPnP.
    Even if you have the correct NAT Type, it's still quite a buggy game unfortunately. Once it scans for a battle room, you need to refresh maybe 2-3 times for the real rooms to appear. You can probably tell after a while what rooms work, for example I've been seeing a room with the same host for the last few days. Sometimes multiple refreshes works and you'll get 10+ rooms up, sometimes you'll be left looking at the same 1 or 2. If you go into a room and notice that someone's details won't load and suddenly everyone disappears that means a network error message is about to appear, so you should leave the room before it comes up. Trying to randomly find and join a room can be hit or miss, and once you get into a room it still isn't guaranteed you're going to get a match! I can't tell you the number of times I've sat through 2 or 3 matches only to be kicked when it was finally my go, kicked for beating the host, or lost matches because of a lag spike that hits in the middle of a match (you can disconnect but it costs points). However I've noticed that creating my own room and inviting friends works every time, although lag in the match can still occasionally be a problem.
    I live in Ireland but from the sounds of things the European version of the game is a lot more unstable than the US. More of a rant than anything else, still I hope it was some help!