Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Nations - 2012

Discussion in 'Sport Forum' started by richp007, Feb 4, 2012.

1. travid

travid Active Member

Ratings:
    +626
  2. BT Bob

BT Bob Active Member

Ratings:
    +324
    I think so.....

He has a point re North "hitting" the ball into touch, but he cunningly fails to mention the (lack of a) yellow card for his captain taking out the lineout supporters....

At he end of the day, all the record books will say is 12-19.
  3. la gran siete

la gran siete Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,395

I agree! No point in going on about it as it makes him look a sore loser.Frankly i felt proud and rather relieved at the english performance but wales deserved the win because they got the try.End of.
    i am beginning to think in terms of what could be a very exciting Lions squad in 2013:thumbsup:
  4. BT Bob

BT Bob Active Member

Ratings:
    +324
    That's a very good point.
    I'm, hoping to be in Australia for the 2013 tour and it's looking very promising.
  5. la gran siete

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Philips Sexton North Roberts Tuilagi Bowe Kearney could be quite a back line combination
    forwards
    Jenkins Ford, Jones, Gray, O'Connell , Ferris, Warburton and Morgan
  6. xWAKEYx

xWAKEYx Member

Ratings:
    +134
    never inconclusive evidence, there was one moment it may have brushed the turf, but no downward pressure nor in control and it appeared to be resting on the inside of his forearm. that's what you call puting your body on the line for your country by halfpenny if you look at the replay he started at the ruck as it was passed out wide, and then great desire by Davis and north to try and deny the score.

incredible game though so tight a kick or 1 try was going to win it, what a moment of magic and luck of the bounce. Roberts going off injured was a blessing in disguise.

I'm knackered today after going to watch Cardiff yesterday at Wembley it's almost as if, I've been playing.
  7. tonyrees687

tonyrees687 Active Member

Ratings:
    +335
    Tell you what's wrong with your line up. Absolute nothing. But I think Roberts may well become a doctor and not be around, but the pull of a lions tour might make him think again. And if O'Connells lungs can take it, a great Saturday side and with all the rest a fantastic Wednesday side too.
    A good entertaining weekend of rugby. Full of positives and negatives. And what if Italy could get a goal kicker sorted. Can only get better.
  8. BT Bob

BT Bob Active Member

Ratings:
    +324
    For probably 2 seasons I've been wondering what fuels this guy's engine!

His work-rate, for club & country, is absolutely phenomenal. He seems to have been around forever and playing at an intensity that most players can only dream of achieving. And, to top it all, he's an incredible captain.

I hope he's still going next year.
  9. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    Quite amazing guy. He looks older than god (probably a hair thing ), but what a player. Love to see him with the Lions.
  10. Dony

Dony Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,041
    You do know that Superman wears Paul O'Connell pyjama's :D
  11. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    :smashin:
  12. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    I was wondering if Gatland gets the Lions job would he take O'Connell. Its not like blooding a new player for the world cup in a few years or his welsh team. But the Lions is a do or die and it might be the only chance he gets at being a Lion. So experience and rock hard attitude with O'Connell or someone like Bradley Davies who has no experience at this level.
  13. BT Bob

BT Bob Active Member

Ratings:
    +324
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brilliant....
  14. BT Bob

BT Bob Active Member

Ratings:
    +324
    Good point - I think he (Gatland) would want to do whatever it takes to beat the Aussies. If POC is fit I can't see there's anybody better to play in the engine room - and probably Captain too.

Of course, a younger player alongside him (like Bradley) wouldn't go amiss, would it! I think O'Callaghan's done. Scotland have Hamilton & Grey - can't see Hamilton as good enough, but Grey seems to be improving game on game.

And if they find the birth certificate that prove's Parrise's grandmother was born in Pontypridd, we could have the best 8 in the world too ;)
  15. la gran siete

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I was impressed watching against Italy just tremendous commitment and athleticism.On topf form he edges all other out in his position.I also like the look of Rennie, the scottish number 7 who could be real alternative to Sam Warb if he gets injured.Denton also vying for the number 8 jersey.TbH I get more excited about Lions tours than anything else, implacable enemies for their countries playing as one:D
  16. la gran siete

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Bradley Davies would be a good choice together with Gray ,Lawes and O'connell for the 4/5 berths
  17. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    Lawes would become a better player playing with O'Connell .Lawes is a little bit rugger and no rugby. So big gains to be-had there.
  18. la gran siete

Ratings:
    +1,395
    je suis tres confus
  19. Foebane72

Foebane72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +220
    One thing: Why bother to talk about the British Lions tours? The matches are NEVER broadcast in the UK. And I don't have Sky nor want it.
  20. Monty Burns

Monty Burns Active Member

Ratings:
    +136
    :laugh:seriously? :laugh:

So we aren't allowed to talk about something because YOU can't watch it....? (at least, thats the gist I get from that comment, maybe I misunderstand?)

edit: NO talking about any other teams other than ENGLAND as I don't watch them!!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  21. Foebane72

Foebane72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +220
    I didn't say DON'T talk about them, but why, if the only way we're going to see them is via expensive means or after the fact? If the matches can be streamed online, I'm there. But I don't even know if the Six Nations is streamed live online, and I wouldn't know where to begin.
  22. Monty Burns

Ratings:
    +136
    Oh, as good as! (Don't talk about them) And just because you can't watch them doesn't mean they aren't happening and so why shouldn't you talk about them!?

Why are you trying to stream the six nations? Its on BBC 1/2/HD.... which also means its on iPlayer. Have you even tried to look?
  23. Foebane72

Foebane72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +220
    I know, and I didn't say I was. But I was describing the situation where, say, an Australian or New Zealander might want to see the Six Nations and be in the same position as me concerning the Lions tour.

I'm talking about the option.
  24. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    For the cost of a pint you can watch these games in the pub and even in the cinema in 3D sometimes.
  25. Monty Burns

Ratings:
    +136
    As Tony says, go to the pub ... which is where a lot of us with Sky go anyway!

edit: And if you've ever been to the Redback in Acton or the Walkabout in Shep Bush, you would know thats what they do, and frequently! lol
  26. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    I love Redback in Acton not been for a long time but a fab pub with all the rugby and live rock music you want. Good hard party crowd and surprisingly little trouble. The BBQ is a little iffy LOL.
    Cant think of any excuse for not seeing live rugby if you really want to.
    Not been to Walkabout in Bush yet but the one in Vine Street in Swansea was a laff when I went there for a Wales game a few years ago.
  27. tonyrees687

Ratings:
    +335
    Maybe a little raw , and to much rugby , rather than , lets see whats going on first before I crunch him.
    I am always confused but happy
  28. la gran siete

Ratings:
    +1,395
    :)
  29. xWAKEYx

xWAKEYx Member

Ratings:
    +134
    ooh just spotted the Ireland v France game in the planner, almost forgot about that game for 2moro :)
    another tight game me thinks, all kicks again but you'd expect the French to break down the Irish backs. come on Ireland do us a favour
  30. Foebane72

Foebane72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +220
    I couldn't believe the advert for that match when they said "France are STILL on course for the Grand Slam" (!) WALES is on course for the Grand Slam, no-one else. Of course, I might pay for that arrogance later. :rolleyes:

If Scotland can almost beat France last week, then they're bound to be a pushover vs the Irish.

Of course, the Wales Grand Slam applecart could be upset by Italy, but it would take a miracle, really. :rotfl: