Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.8GHZ Video Senders

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Free To Air, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Free To Air

Free To Air Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

Has anyone any feedback regarding the "Nikkai HQ" 5.8GHz video sender/receiver kit available from Maplins? It appears to be a clone of the RF-Link AVS-5811 unit available in the USA.

Looking at the pictures of the Maplins unit, the "Nikkai HQ" sender seems to only have an input connection, ie, there is no loop through for the video signal. If that is the case then the sender would need to be connected to a spare output connection on the receiver.

Finally, apart from the "Emprex" 5.8GHz kit and the "Nikkai HQ" are there any other 5.8GHZ video senders available in the UK. There seemed to be an issue with the Emprex units several months ago and I am a bit wary of getting caught with older stock that had the Sky fault.

Thx & Rgds
  2. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Have had the Nikkai for about 6 weeks and very pleased with them as we longer get interference on tv in kitchen
    which it sends signal too,we had 2.4ghz setup before but it was unwatchable unless you switched the wireless router off,microwave,washing machine etc.There is no loop through but luckily i had a spare scart port on my dvd recorder so i use that.
  3. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Hmm are these digital or analogue video senders ? Ridiculously high frequency !
  4. Ben

Ben Active Member

Ratings:
    +281
    A simple scart splitter would give you two outputs from the one scart socket (if required) :)

Others here & here.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. sirlukas

sirlukas Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Hi,

At the moment I have a Philips SLV3100 2,4GHz, but watching SKY in other room is unbearable. It gets better when broadband is switched off, but still there is interference (maybe from neighbouring houses and their wireless networks).

My question is: Is it worth going for that Nikkai HQ equipment (or something else), and is the interference really not an issue with that hardware?
    How is the quality of video and audio compared to Philips one?

Thank you....
  6. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    We bought the Nikkai units to replace the Phillips as the
    interference was making viewing difficult and i have to
    say the difference is amazing,we get no interference at all on TV in kitchen even when the microwave is being
    used.Pic/Audio quality is fine
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal Active Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Analogue - but using the 5.8GHz band to reduce interference with WiFi and Microwave ovens etc.
  8. tj_director

tj_director Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    just want to give my thumbs up for the Nikkai HQ 5.8GHz Video Sender from Maplin.. i am in a semi detached house with thick walls and ceilings, and at least three wi-fi networks including our own, i tried the Philips SLV3200, but no matter what i tried i couldn't get a good signal, and our wi-fi would constantly drop out. Then i brought this and is was literally plug and play i hardly had to do anything except angle the aerials, and even that i didn't do to any serious level of accuracy, the distance between the 2 is something like 15m, and 2-3 walls and a ceiling, i'm a bit of a videophile and i am perfectly happy with the picture quality on my 16" tv, especially considering its a composite connection.

Ps.. connected to a Sky HD box, and the remote control works perfectly! :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. cynthia387

cynthia387 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 2.4GHz band is already crowded with applications such as 802.11b wireless LAN access points, Bluetooth equipment, video senders, cordless phones, microwave ovens and more. Avoid interference caused by these devices with the Chemlink Wireless Video Sender, operating in the 5.8GHz band.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    cynthia jacquline
    Social Modern Marketing
  10. AkheirAX

AkheirAX Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Will this NIkkai model work with SKY+ including the remote control in the other room?
  11. sirlukas

sirlukas Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Yes, it will.
  12. AkheirAX

AkheirAX Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks m8
  13. katewarn

katewarn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Nikkai HQ 5.8Ghz video sender and the picture is excellent - I use it for an upstairs TV.
    However, disappointingly I am getting intermittent interference, ranging from loud buzzing noise to short term total loss of picture. There are no other devices running in the house, so I would be very grateful if anybody can suggest what could be causing interference on this frequency.
  14. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like it might be something other than interference if you are getting total loss of picture,have you checked that the scarts at both ends are fully inserted?
  15. katewarn

katewarn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I will give it a try.
  16. Chicaber

Chicaber Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to send a signal to another TV from my Sky Italia box (Pace Peregrine Lite), which has no RF Out connection. Can I achieve that with this video sender?
  17. JoanneO'nell

JoanneO'nell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this- turn off the receiver power first and press on channel selection button before you turn on the receiver power again. Just like the user guide suggests. I found it very helpful whenever I have interference.:thumbsup:
  18. andyruns

andyruns Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this box def work for changing the channel on sky +? I just phoned maplins who told me I would not be able to change the channel on a sky + box?
  19. Steve_F

Steve_F Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  20. mullygor

mullygor Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a Nikkai, but without success.

I'm getting nothing on the receiver. It will transmit the remote control functions to the other room but doesn't seem to be receiving anything.

My new samsung Tv is saying no signal.

I've checked that both transmitter and receiver are on same channel. (Channel 1).

Can anyone help?
  21. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Make sure you select the correct AV source on your receiving TV
  22. Paul.T

Paul.T Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had any issues with 5.8G video senders where 2.4G works fine?

Have tested a 2.4GHz digisender on the back of a skyHD box. Most of the time the sound/picture quality is surprisingly good but I'm getting periodic interference. Have turned off all DECT/wireless kit and it's still there so I'm guessing it's wireless and/or phones from neighbouring houses. Thinking 5.8Ghz senders may be the answer, I've tried 2 of these and 1 of these and get the same result - completely black screen on the receiving end :(

I know that DVD -> TV via a scart cable works fine but using the same scart sockets, DVD -> vid sender -> vid receiver -> TV doesn't work.

Have repeated on 2 separate TV's with 3 senders now and get the same problem. Have tried placing the video senders back to back up to about 3 metres apart but get no results.

In all cases, the wireless senders/receivers light up ok, have tried all available channels and twisted the antena around to make sure it's not a misaligned signal. The RCA cables are plugged in in the right order so everything should work fine.

If it's relevant, the TV's I've tested are both Sony: KDL46W4500 and a KDL32V4000

I'm now stumped - the scart TV inputs are tested and working but it seems strange that 3 devices won't work, even sending to a device in the same room.

Anyone got any ideas on this one? Finding it hard to believe that all three devices are faulty...

Regards

Paul
  23. regurgitator

regurgitator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im having the same problems getting these to work. I have tried them virtually next to each other and get the tv recieving the video saying no signal detected. On the front of the transmitter and reciever units i get a faint red light that flickers occasionally , should these light up when the units are sending and recieving properly ?

Thanks
  24. Paul.T

Paul.T Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I can make out, the front lights show remote control activity. Well, that's all I get but I don't think any signal is going between them at the mo.

Cheers

Paul
    --
  25. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I am using the 5.8ghz nikkai's and they only display the
    red led on the channel that they are transmitting on,i get
    not interference on the receiving picture which i was getting on my old 2.4ghz phillips transmitters.
  26. regurgitator

regurgitator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i have sorted out my problem and am really embarrased at the cause :suicide:
    Basically the leads for the 2 units are labelled "reciever" and "transmitter" and obviously need to be plugged into the corresponding unit.
    I suppose i deserve the 5 hours of stress and grief for getting such a basic thing wrong .... lol i have regressed into a n00b :blush:
    Still at least they are working now ... its all so easy when you read the directions :laugh:
  27. jezzerr

jezzerr Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I picked up the Nikkai today im not finding it as good as my one-for-all if i stand infront of the receiver or walk past it goes all grainy,Is this the same with everyone else? my one-for all was great you could walk past or stand in front without it affecting the reception
  28. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    No problems on mine,have you tried adjusting the receiving aerial,got mine facing through the wall towards the transmitter and works fine,also try changing onto another channel if that does not work.
  29. jezzerr

jezzerr Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for your advice:)

Well i have to say for me this hasn't been plug and play...You would of thought you would have both aerials facing each other but for up stairs ive had to turn the aerial around so the atenna signal side isn't facing the same side of the transmitter aerial,I should have the signal side facing the wall but i have to have it facing me which is in the opposite direction.

Changing channel doesn't make no difference.
  30. panda23

panda23 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Have checked my transmiter and the antenna is actually facing towards the wall probably 120 degrees
    away from the receiver direction in the kitchen so maybe try adjusting that part of your setup.