1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

42AV505D - Regza AV Series

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by knobby63, Mar 17, 2008.

1. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,649
    brand new basic toshiba model,but the specs seem to be excellent
  3. gazzell

gazzell Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I have the 37" and i must say its fantastic. Sky+ SD is brilliant my xbox 360 is brilliant through HD, I cannot fault it. I watched a SD starwars dvd on my 360 the other day and a friend thought it was in HD.
    I have had none of the problems with motion blur / blacks etc.

To my untrained eye anyway it looks good and everyone else who has watched it were impressed.

I read somewhere that these are totally new panels developed by Sharp and Toshiba with the pixel plus technology taken from the higher spec models.

I hope this helps:)
  4. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys

getting one today
  5. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looks good , first impression anyway , bit uneven in dark areas ... am I expecting too much ?
  6. gazzell

gazzell Member

Ratings:
    +13
    It took me a week to get the picture to where i liked it .
    Quite a few settings to play with.
  7. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had an area in the middle of screen, quite a bit lighter than the rest, noticeable on films late at night ... humped the thing back in car and changed it ... better but light area is at top of screen now, much less noticeable

is this normal on lcds ?
  8. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ?
  9. knobby63

knobby63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is their any chance that this light bit will get better with time ... i really cant face taking this one back as well, staff in the store think i'm being fussy 'it only shows in the dark' ... but thats how i watch films !

Also, what do you all think about upscaling DVD players, the TV obviously upscales itself, do you think there would be any benefit in goind down the dvd route ?

Cheers all, have a good easter
    Gaz
  10. Trybrow

Trybrow Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this thread, iv been lookin at getting a 42'' tv for around 600-700 squidledididledidies. Dixons have this one for 655ish its 720p, great 17000:1 contrast ratios (dynamic though) theres no response time listed and theres no reviews anywhere on the net so its a bit dodgey and the fact that you have taken it back does not encourage me.

They also sell the 42X3030D for abouts 20 squidles more. The set is highly rated by trusted review, lots of reviews available and its 1080p though lower contrast ratio. Wasnt too bothered about full hd for a set this size but its worth me paying only 20 or 30 quid extra... i was even thinking of buying in store cause its only 699 but theyv totally run out everywhere.

plus: Currys & Dixons are really lame with prices, theyr always trying to rip you off by changing prices around. if your savvy you can get a good deal like the Phillips 46'' 5522 720p which was going for 750 squidles from the website last week is now back up to 1000. lamo. im thinkint this 3030D is on a special offer price. they dont tell you that though. WIERD.
  11. pj_hooker

pj_hooker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if you can wall mount this flush to a wall or will the conections get in the way?
  12. marshall878

marshall878 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hope this tv is good, just spent my first £500 of my hard earned wages on one to spoil myself

spotted a 42" samsung plasma for the same sort of price though? hope this is worth it :)