Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 3x SEOS Prodas 919 Projectors

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by DaveKWF1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DaveKWF1

DaveKWF1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 SEOS Prodas 919 projectors, manufactured by Barco in June 2004.

They are based on the Barco Reality 909, modified by Barco to SEOS specification.

Price is £2,500 per projector or £6000 for all 3. Buyer collects from Oxfordshire.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Attached Files:

2. damien55

damien55 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    These are nice. Wish I had the space and money. Two of these blended on a 2.35 screen would give you an amazing 3D setup.
    I'm afraid £2500 is a lot to ask for a projector we don't know anything about.

Can you please tell us:
    -Hours on the chassis
    -Hours on the tubes
    -Reference of the Lenses (HD10, HFQ900, special lenses for curved screen??)
    -Picture of the tubes to see any sign of phosphor wear
    -Are the C elements color filtered? My guess is No as they are not Home cinema projectors.
    -Are the green tubes fast phosphor ones (Better for 3D but wear faster)
    -What were they used for? These are usually used in simulators so they might have been blended onto a curved screen and might have very weird wear patterns on the phosphor.
    -When you say Modified by Barco to SEOS spec, what modifications are you talking about. I know that some SEOS Barco did not work unless you had a apecial SEOS interface box. From the picture they look like they don't have any extra plugs but it's good to make sure they work as stand alone units.
    -And more importantly, have they been tested recently and do they work correctly?

Damien
  3. Floyd AVF

Floyd AVF Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,479
    Why do you have 3 projectors for sale please?
  4. DaveKWF1

DaveKWF1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    These are for sale because I no longer need them!

Maybe £2k is too much to ask considering the lack of information, I only came up with that price based on others I have seen for sale over the years. They have been used for 7 years for approximately 400 hours per year.

-Hours on the chassis
    -Hours on the tubes
    Both are the same as above.

-Reference of the Lenses (HD10, HFQ900, special lenses for curved screen??)
    I have no idea.

-Picture of the tubes to see any sign of phosphor wear
    Sure I can post pictures of them, give me more info of what you want to the photo to focus on.

-Are the C elements color filtered? My guess is No as they are not Home cinema projectors.
    No

-Are the green tubes fast phosphor ones (Better for 3D but wear faster)
    No

-What were they used for? These are usually used in simulators so they might have been blended onto a curved screen and might have very weird wear patterns on the phosphor.
    It was used in a Simulator on a curved screen.

-When you say Modified by Barco to SEOS spec, what modifications are you talking about. I know that some SEOS Barco did not work unless you had a apecial SEOS interface box. From the picture they look like they don't have any extra plugs but it's good to make sure they work as stand alone units.
    SEOS (aka Rockwell Collins) modified standard projectors

-And more importantly, have they been tested recently and do they work correctly?
    They were in regular use right up until October last year, they haven't been used since.

I won't ask for a price, if you make a reasonable offer you can have them, I'd rather these were put to good use than been left to rot and then dumped in landfill.
  5. Francisco033

Francisco033 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pm "edit" I heave read the rules and will keep all discussions on the thread.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. rousetafarian

rousetafarian Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,957
    Not permitted, keep all discussions on the thread.
  7. Francisco033

Francisco033 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok,

Dear DaveKWF1, I'm interested for these 919's could you please contact me?

"edit" I now understand the Trade rules, sorry for that.

Many thanks. Francisco
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  8. Welwynnick

Welwynnick Active Member

Ratings:
    +800
    All communication has to stay in this thread until a deal is reached.

Cheers, Nick
  9. Francisco033

Francisco033 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few questions before I will make a reasonable offer, here in this thread.
    - Are they still for sale
    - Is it possible to take any pictures of the tube faces (without the lenses)
    - Maybe you can tell us then what sort of lenses they have as well.

I agree on Damien
    Because for Home theater use there is a lot to be done: fan modification - install colored C-elements - taking out SEOS boards - re-solder power boards etc. As well as spare parts are extremely expensive and rare, Barco still asks hundreds of Euro's for it.
    You must be a video technician to install these beast's or at least know someone who can.
    As said I'm interested for these projectors and have the possibility to put them to good use.

BR Francisco
  10. DaveKWF1

DaveKWF1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to correct the point about the green tube, it is the fast phosphor tube ideal for 3D.

Here's some more photos as requested. I also have the manual which I've uploaded here.

Attached Files:

11. DaveKWF1

DaveKWF1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ALL of these projectors have now been sold.
  12. broona

broona Moderator

Ratings:
    +367
    Sold where please?