Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3G Cannot top up due to Vodafone?

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by Sheepking, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Pumauk

Pumauk Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hmmm, vodafone site wouldn't load on the Vita so i've top'd up online.... how will they know I've topped up for a Vita? Does the code get emailed or sent direct to the Vita?
  2. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    Thats just rubbish.. It makes no sense.. I topped up my card this morning.. I immediately got a notification on the Vita that I had put on £5, so the Vita clearly knows that I have topped up.

But I still haven't had a code from VF... I hope it comes through soon as I don't want to chase them.. I have a hunch that it will be a nightmare to find someone in VF who even knows that a Vita or Wipeout is, let alone anything about the deal...

Jon
  3. Heroik

Heroik Member

Ratings:
    +134
    This ia a ****ing joke :mad::mad::mad:

****ing topped up ages ago and ain't received **** about wipeout yet.

Now they have a faq on the vodafone page saying first top up should be through a voucher. No mention of that anywhere before.

Big ****ing joke.
  4. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    Have you looked at your notifications (bubble top right)?
  5. Heroik

Heroik Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Yeah, the only message i received there was "Thank you for your order. Topup amount #5 Mobile Broadband TopUp...."

:(
  6. rehmanmohamed

rehmanmohamed Member

Ratings:
    +50
    It took 9 and a half hours after topping up for my Wipeout code to come through!
  7. IainGamer

IainGamer Member

Ratings:
    +10
    How do you get your notification of wipeout code?

I only put in an email address and the phone number for the vita sim card. Do they send a text to the vita?

I have been checking the top right message on the vita but nothing so far and registered at about 10 am this morning. Was hoping to have it by now!,
  8. rehmanmohamed

rehmanmohamed Member

Ratings:
    +50
    They send a message via 3G to your Vita - it will appear as a notification via the bubble in the top right corner of the screen.

I don't know why some people get them within an hour, yet other take 9-10 hours to come through :facepalm:
  9. IainGamer

IainGamer Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Received it now. Thanks for letting me know what happens.
  10. Heroik

Heroik Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Just spoke to vodafone on the phone, got transferred from one department to another and then the mother****er starts telling me that because i bought it from HMV i can't get the game. I told him he is wrong and it says i can, but he chooses to ignore me then i start getting angry trying to tell him i can get the game, puts me on hold and then cuts off the phone.

****ing mother****er :mad::mad::mad:
  11. Mr X

Mr X Active Member

Ratings:
    +406
    48 hours now and still waiting. I resigned myself to thinking that's a fiver down the drain :mad:

Was thinking of calling or emailing Voda but your experience tells me thats not gonna help :mad:
  12. Heroik

Heroik Member

Ratings:
    +134

I called up again and spoke to someone else. He started by saying that the offer was only through vodafone store purchases to which i replied saying that it clearly says on the box that i am entitled to a copy of wiepout with my topup, regardless of where i boought it from. He seemed to accept that, but then he said he would give me the number to contact Sony as the code comes from PSN. I told him they don't have nothing to do with it and i don't want to call them up and have them tell me something else. He then went away and came back saying that they are working on a solution and the code sending process is taking longer than expected, and that I should wait 72 since top up.

I couldn't be bothered to argue and so i just said OK. Guy was friendly enough this time around, but i still have no code :(
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. tony kop77

tony kop77 Active Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I was having problems registering with Vodafone so rang them up today. I got the problem solved, they set up an account over the phone and I got my game code within 5 minutes. I bought my console from HMV.
  14. Mr X

Mr X Active Member

Ratings:
    +406
    Thanks for taking the time to post. 72 hours for me and still nothing. Will have to call them tomorrow :(
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +485
    This whole episode is typical of how awkward Sony make things. I tried to put £5 on the vita last night to no avail, finally got it on this morning and got a notification through the vita and an email confirming this but no mention of a code. I can text my vita so it is set-up properly and I hope I don't have to mess around contacting customer services for something which should be completely straight forward. Why do Sony always score own goals with promotions like this, it's an absolute joke. The Wipeout code was the reason I forked out more money for a 3g version and if I have to mess around for hours on a phone line I'll just give up on the code and it will leave a sour taste in my mouth about the vita launch.
  16. freddiecarr

freddiecarr Member

Ratings:
    +46
    nothing to do with sony mate, its vodafones incompetence imo.

Took me ages to top up £5 since the vodafone website had constant errors, eventually managed to top up the money, and to be fair to vodafone i pretty much got the notification and wipeout code straight away.

however the next day i take my vita to work and the 3g doesn't work, phoned up vodafone and they initially tried to argue that I had used up the 250mb already since my vodafone account was showing £0

After explaining to them this was unlikely, I eventually got put through to someone else who agreed that I hadn't used 250mb in less than a day and to quote her 'as a goodwill gesture they would put £5 back onto my account' lol

You mean you will put the £5 on that I had already paid for :rolleyes:

Anyway I will be switching to someone else as soon as the month is up. :smashin:
  17. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +485
    I bought a 3g Sony PSVita and stuck right on the top left corner of sonys packaging is a sticker claiming 'Get Wipeout 2048 for free when you top up £5 with your vodaphone SIM' so why has this got nothing to do with Sony. They have worked with vodaphone to offer an incentive for people to drop another £50 to buy their 3g version of the PSVita. Surely it is Sony's responsibility to make absolutely sure that this promotion runs smoothly yet people are saying that vodaphone customer services personal don't even know anything about the promotion. Sony seem to do this all the time with promotions and I still have no idea whatsoever whether I'll be getting a code or not and I'm sure I will have to phone vodaphone (At more expense to myself) tomorrow to sort this out. Sony should be ashamed of themselves to be partnering themselves with such an incompetent company but I would guess they don't really give a toss unless the tabloids get hold of the story then they will do something about it.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  18. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +485
    Has anyone actually got a wipeout code sent without having to phone vodaphone customer services to get it sorted out?
  19. Lestat_11

Lestat_11 Member

Ratings:
    +103
    I got my code about 8 hours after toping up but that was a couple of days ago.
  20. freddiecarr

freddiecarr Member

Ratings:
    +46

no offense mate, but you sound like a very angry person. I'm sure the end result will be that you'll receive the wipeout code so i wouldn't get so worked up about it, you can get difficulties with any company. Just enjoy other games in the mean time :smashin:

If it helps I contacted vodafone via their online chat thingy then they called me up when they needed more information to help me out.
  21. snake II

snake II Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Nintendo all the way , they are a true gaming firm , non of this Sony crap from them and I wanted to.buy a vita, I guess i'll wait until it flops like the psp and then jailbreak it lol
  22. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +485
    no offense taken, I't's just really annoying when you have to go on things like online chat or talk to customer services for hours to get something like this sorted out when the first experience of a new console should be a trouble free one.
  23. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,252
    Er...right, we get that you are a nintendo fanboy from the diarrhea you post, but if you haven't got anything to add to the discussion, then jog on. :smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. jimsgill

jimsgill Member

Ratings:
    +53
    The code will come chaps. I had a nightmare registering the Voda sim but once I'd navigated that dreadful website and completed, the code arrived the next day. Been happily playing Wipeout over the weekend :)
  25. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +485
    Err, I feel a bit of a tool now:blush: After all my ranting the code was sent to my Vita 15 minutes after registering but not my e-mail address. I didn't see it because I didn't know that 'operator Notifications' were stacked on top of each other on the Vita.
  26. snake II

snake II Member

Ratings:
    +4
    No fanboy I get annoyed with Nintendo also
  27. Mr X

Mr X Active Member

Ratings:
    +406
    120 hours and waiting
  28. jimsgill

jimsgill Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Have you checked your carrier notifications like user "Korum" said? It doesn't come by email but directly to your VITA as a "text"
  29. Mr X

Mr X Active Member

Ratings:
    +406
    Yep checked all that it was definitely an issue judging by the 16 pages and growing at the Vodafone Forum I'm not alone.

The good news is that I finally got it sorted today after nearly a week of waiting. This is what worked for me if it helps anyone else....

Registered at the following vodafone link Re: Some Business Exception has occurred while pro... - Page 14 - Vodafone eForum I'm message number 269 Mr X

Quickly saw that a Vodafone chap called DaveCD seemed to be PM'ing people with issues. Asked him to PM me, he then called me and within 5 minutes Code was sent and I have my Wipeout. As you can see this on the forum, this has been a huge problem for many people.

Hope that helps someone get their free wipeout.
  30. pezley

pezley Member

Ratings:
    +98
    Just a heads up to people who might care, WipeOut is in no way tied to any sim card. I have a wifi Vita, bought a Vodafone sim popped it into my mates 3G vita and topped up with £5 and got my code . He has already done this and got his code.

So if anyone has a friend with a 3G vita, you can also get wipeout for £5 ( plus the £1 the sim cost me from tescos )

brief rundown of what i did

-The vita was already updates with the vodafone icon.
    -Put the sim in
    -It would not connect to the vodafone website to top up due the sim not having been activated
    (it was showing signal and 3g Vodafone logo ) . If this is the case the first top up has to be
    done by voucher. So had to grab a £5 top up from the shop.
    -Used wifi on the vita to go through the vodafone icon and used the top up with voucher option.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012