Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 into 1 Component cable

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Trafford, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Trafford

Trafford Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an INOi media player and since wall mounting my TV, require a longer Component cable. (2m to 3m). I'm having trouble locating one, as the cable has the 3 component leads at one end (green, red, blue) but only a single black cable at the other, which plugs into the media players single component slot. A new cable would be fine but ideally I would like an extension from the single connection which also ends in a single connection. Any ideas re what these cable types would be and where I could get one?
  2. av02

av02 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. searching for this very cable and came across your post. Did you find an answer ?
    I also have an Inoi media player, but mine came without a component lead. Having trouble finding one anywhere.
    You may have to make one from scratch, which is what I was thinking to do. Any chance you could give the pinouts for this lead ? It looks like the jack is a 3.5mm one, and I'm guessing it will be like the composite one, ie 4 pole.
    If you could post the pinouts, I would be able to get all the parts info from , say , RS , and post back a complete list incl prices for you to make your own lead.
    I did find a link to Inoi's European site, under the brand name Argosy, but they are listing the lead at 16.95 Euros (!) and this only looks like the original lead that you have , not a longer one. Another option is a 3.5mm to 3 rca out block adaptor, to which you could attach any length of component lead. have seen such a thing for composite , but not component, and again, knowing the pinouts would help to know if this would work.
    You have another, simpler option. Get 3 iinline RCA adaptors. About 2 inches long, female on both ends. Connect the RCA ends of your lead to one side of these, and an extension component cable to the other ends. Should work ok.
    Hope that helps, and a list of pinouts if you can would be greatly appreciated!!