1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

22LG3000 Blinking/Blackout problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by AledM, Jan 16, 2009.

1. AledM

AledM Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought an LG 22LG3000 LCD TV from Comet last week and I've been getting an intermittent problem with the TV blinking, it can happen almost randomly but once it starts it doesn't seem to stop. It can happen after you switch it on or if you change channels. It only seems to happen with the devices plugged into the AV socket, as it happens when using our standard SKY box connected via a SCART lead. I have tried 3 different SCART leads, both AV sockets and also a standard SKY and a different SKY Plus box and we get the same problem. I have taken it back to COMET for an exchange but they are not being at all helpful and just put me onto an engineer who said switch the SKY box off and on again. Which obviously made no difference. They are basically refusing to exchange even though it is well within the 28 days since purchase. Wondered if anyone else has had this problem with their LG LCD TV and if there was a fix. I need to know ASAP as I don't want the 28 days to run out.
  2. AledM

AledM Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas anyone?
  3. colinandclare

colinandclare Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had the same problem. Took TV back to Comet day after I bought it and exchanged for another. Fine for a couple of weeks then started doing same thing. It is connected with Scart lead from Sky Box and used only to view sky. Cannot offer a solution but you are not alone.

Anyone out there assist please???????????????
  4. Sidd

Sidd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same problem! I have tried to analise it further and it seems to be something to do with when there is a fast/sharp contrast change, when it goes from a dark scene to bright scene, really bad when cartoons are on. The picture goes completely black then 1 to 2 seconds later it comes back on and everything has a blue glow to it, then it goes back to normal, this happens about 5 - 6 times, until corrects itself. It is quite repeatable and annoyingh when it happens, We only use the tv on sky via a scart on the AV1. Bought it December, problem showed up in the first fewdays. This is the second tv with the same problem and I've changed the sky box and scart lead, but problem persists, dealer/supplier not interested, I think this must be a common problem, other than this great tv.
  5. kershaw

kershaw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have exactly the same issue with a 26"3000 LG TV. Purchased Jan 2009 issue started within the 28 days window. Contacted LG they told me to return the set to Currys where we purchased the tv from. Currys would not exchange it another tv.
    I got Currys to contact LG whilst in store with joy was told to ring the "Techguys" they put it down to the sky box which is contected via a scart lead only.
    Put up with problem for a little longer, finally rang LG again, they could not understand why Currys would not exchange the unit. Lg arranged for the TV to be returned to base for repair. It was in repair for 2 weeks. The first week they where waiting for LG to find a solution to the problem. Finally got the tv back, the repair report informed us that the main processing board has been replaced and software re-programmed to enable multi screen teletext.
    However, the problem is still perrists. Watching the tv through the standard aerial, can not fault the picture quality or the tv. It seems to be an issue either with the sky box or the av socket on the TV. When I spoke to the repair engineer he seemed to initially have experinced a similar occurrence.
    The only way forward I think is to keep complaining to LG until they fix the problem!
  6. benji_c

benji_c Member

Ratings:
    +0