1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 iPhones on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedrewser, Feb 21, 2011.

1. thedrewser

thedrewser Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I'm sure I'm right, but you can have 2 iPhones on one iTunes account can't you?

I use my wife's iTunes account to buy my apps etc but she is getting an iPhone this week and she'll want to use her iTunes account. Soemwhere in my mind, I'm sure I heard you could have up to 5 iPhones on one account.
  2. HSC

HSC Member

Ratings:
    +122
    there is no limit to the number of 'i' devices you can sync with 1 iTunes library (a library can have content from more than one account)
  3. thedrewser

thedrewser Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I have an old iPod which was linked to an old iTunes account I used to have, but it's all on an external hard disk somewhere. If I plug that iPod into the iTunes account I am using now, I'll be able to retrieve music off it? I didn't think this was possible.
  4. dwhite

dwhite Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,441
    Its 5 instances of the itunes library on the same account, that your thinking about, as has been pointed out you can have as many devices synced to one library as you like. At one point I was syncing 4 ipod nanos, 2 iphones and a ipod classic all to the same account.
  5. youngpip

youngpip Member

Ratings:
    +13
    On this subject, is it possible to sync two devices but have them sync different things? At the moment I set it to only sync ticked songs to my iPhone due to storage limitations. Would it be possible to sync a seperate device from the same library but a different selection of ticked songs?
  6. MarkieT

MarkieT Member

Ratings:
    +11

Hi,

Yea that is no problem at all, just add all the music you want to your iTunes Library and then select which songs you want on which device, oh and I have my iPhone and both my Wife's and Son's iPod Touch's on the same iTunes account all with different music on them.

Hope that helps

Mark.
  7. Matt_C

Matt_C Active Member

Ratings:
    +764
    Very easily. You can either;

- Turn off auto syncing for music and select "Manually Manage" and then you drag and drop what you want on each device from within itunes

or

- create a playlist for each device, add the music you want in each playlist, and then tell iTunes to sync only the relevant playlist with the relevant device.

Easy
  8. chukwe

chukwe Active Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Can you manage Apps on different iPhones the same way you managa musics?
  9. dwhite

dwhite Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,441
    Not quite the same, as you can't create a playlist for apps, but you can have different app on different phones, just choose which apps you want on the phone while its connected to itunes.
  10. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,469
    Any apps you delete from one device are not reloaded when you next sync either. I have mine and the missus on my iTunes account (both 3GS, but hers is a 8Gb version and she has no interest in my comic and gaming apps other than Angry Birds.
  11. mrdicko666

mrdicko666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help me also - I have two iphones using one itunes - however, each phone is registered to its own account. After each phone has been connected the phones are often registered to the incorrect account - how do I get around this?