Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120GB Hard Drive Now Only 16GB After Data Transfer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Forum' started by dannywalsall, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawaddi

shawaddi Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I found the guide!

I will be emailing as many of you as I can & in turn if you guys could help out the others who post when I am not around.
  2. fedirko7

fedirko7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat, having accidentally formatted my 120gb harddrive. I'd appreciate some help, if you wouldn't mind too terribly Email: fedirko7@yahoo.com
  3. shawaddi

shawaddi Member

Ratings:
    +1

Done.
  4. struug

struug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same problem could some one email the solution?
    thanks. struug@aol.com
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  5. ResidentWebbo

ResidentWebbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just stumbled on this page having same issue. Please could someone email me the solution as well. mattwebster051@yahoo.co.uk thanks
  6. biglad71

biglad71 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same situation, accidentally formatted my 120gb hardrive after i transfferered my 20 gig to the 120gig I'd appreciate some help, if you wouldn't mind too Email neillrej@gmail.com
  7. CALBA11

CALBA11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same situation, accidentally formatted my 120gb hardrive after i transferred my 20gig to the 120gig... I'd really appreciate some help if you wouldn't mind. my email is alba_1101@yahoo.com

Thank you soo much!

CALBA11
  8. Joshjl2

Joshjl2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've done the same thing would be great if someone has the solution and could e-mail me it. jleletcher@hotmail.com

Cheers
  9. lorens4

lorens4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. tmaddmax

tmaddmax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i bought 250 gb hard drive and i now using fast 120 gb hard drive. i am getting close to run out of space. I have a transfer cable which I'm hoping it is a real xbox 360 cable. anyway, i pluged in the transfer cable on the 250 gb and plug the usb plug in the back of the xbox usb port. the 120 is attach on top of the 360. then went to system setting, storage, then the 120 gb hard drive and click on (Y) device option. then go to transfer content. I seeing pick like flash card looking, click (A) and now I am getting is "? Configure Device...This device isn't set up for Xbox 360 storage. Do you want to configure it? Yes or No" well i know if i configure the xbox 360 250 gb hd, it will format it to 16 gb. I learn the hard way on my xbox 360 60 gb hd. My question is... What am I doing wrong or what can I do to the hard drive to reconizge it on xbox.? from all the posted on that site, It sound like i have fake transfer cable. Here is my email..... maddbox@yahoo.com Please help me before I mess things up. Thank you :(
  11. MissZoZo

MissZoZo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey,

I have the same problem my 120GB hard drive is reading as a 16GB memory unit :( can anyone send me the info to resolve this issue?

My email is: zoerharris@virginmedia.com

Thank you!
  12. MissZoZo

MissZoZo Member

Ratings:
    +1

Ignore this guy he is requesting money over paypal for the solution to our problem :mad: Just thought I would let you guys know.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. MissZoZo

MissZoZo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    But theoretically you are charging people for free information. Yes it took you time to find it but it cost you nothing to find. As you can clearly see someone who has previously posted in this topic was/is offering the solution out for free, so if he comes back online I paid you for nothing.
  14. Sniper Ash6

Sniper Ash6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,614
    Thanks for letting us know. It's been reported to the mods who I expect will at least delete it as it's completely against the ethos and rules of the forum.

Are you able to complain to Paypal and get the money back/do a chargeback?
  15. MissZoZo

MissZoZo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I never sent him any money in the first place. So thats fine, i just wanted to point it out to everyone else thats all :)
  16. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright AVForums Founder Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +6,840
    I have got rid of him and all his posts.
    Please post the solution here. The whole point of this forum is to share useful information for free.
  17. Sniper Ash6

Ratings:
    +5,614
    Glad to hear that's the case :)

It has never been previously allowed here due to the files required being copyrighted and therefore guides including links or instructions on how to obtain those copyrighted files. Or are you saying that that's fine?
  18. Stuart Wright

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +6,840
    I thought it was a set of instructions. What is required?
  19. Sniper Ash6

Ratings:
    +5,614
    You have to flash the hard drive with a specific file (this file varies dependent on the hard drive) which is the security sector info but allows the Xbox to read it.
  20. bearman3784

bearman3784 Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,603
    I think the instructions should be left up, its only a link to a set of instructions. Don't think M$ are too bothered people are trying to fix the hard drive that their process has screwed up
  21. MissZoZo

MissZoZo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you have the information and the file required to do this?
  22. Sniper Ash6

Ratings:
    +5,614
    AFAIK their official line on it is that people have used unofficial transfer cables which has caused the drive to be incorrectly detected. I know this is untrue as have an official cable and it happened to a friend when he used it.

Either way, it's up to Stuart but like I said, it has never before been allowed due to containing links to/instructions to downloading copyrighted files.

I don't have the files, no but do know roughly know what to do as the instructions aren't too hard to find.
  23. leefer

leefer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please can you forward the solution. E-mail address is lferriday@btinternet.com

Many thanks!
  24. Stuart Wright

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +6,840
    So the files are not freely distributable? Who owns the copyright?
  25. Sniper Ash6

Ratings:
    +5,614
    I would imagine Microsoft do but I don't for sure who does.

I've only seen the files hosted on torrent sites, MegaUpload (before it was pulled) and other similar sites.
  26. Mc96

Mc96 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with my 120gb hard drive registering as 16gb... if somebody could email me the solution at mcmillin96@gmail.com that would be great:)
  27. Joshjl2

Joshjl2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please e-mail me the solution. I've tried almost everything to make i visible on my xbox again but nothing works.
    Email: jleletcher@hotmail.com
  28. Dinky Dragon

Dinky Dragon Active Member

Ratings:
    +349
    Please remove your emails people! This is a freakin Xbox forum, people are being 'hacked' left right and centre.

Just through looking at 50 of your posts will grant experienced scumbags enough information to access your email accounts!
  29. swirler

swirler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay i made a post but dont see it, so if it shows up later and I have multiple, I apologize. I would appreciate it if someone could send me this repair info quickly over PM or however. I had exactly the same problem. all genuine Microsoft parts. Thank you.
  30. MechaGojira

MechaGojira Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel a little embarrassed for creating a profile on this forum and asking for help like this right off the bat, but I too have just hit this problem with my hard drive. I'm pretty good with my Google-fu skills, but all I seem to come across are people with this same problem with no answers. I would be so very appreciative if someone could pass along the repair steps/info through PM. Thanks, and sorry for the troubles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.