Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200x1920 resolution screens - what is out there?

Discussion in 'Monitors, Webcams & External Video Devices' started by aljowen, Feb 19, 2012.

1. aljowen

aljowen Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,
    Recently ive noticed that my samsung syncmaster 2032mw has been getting rather alot of bleeding round the edges. So it may soon be the time to get a new moniter (if i can get the money to do so comfortably).
    Currently my moniter is 1050p and i would like to maintain the 16:10 aspect ratio on my new screen but at the 1200x1920 resolution, as well as that somewhere around 23" - 24" because it may look too big if i go larger than that.
    I dont mind a tn panel becase as a gamer i want fast response times (less than 5ms ) but also want led so i get pretty colours :-D
    My budget is around £250 but cant be stretched further than that tbh.

I really just want to know what is avalible around my price point and as close to those specifications as possible. 1080p isnt compleatly out of the question but it is as low as i can go resolution wise. but i much prefer 16:10 because the extra height is nice for making things and modding games.

please tell me if i have missed somthing out from my description so that i can edit it in

Thank you :)

EDIT 1: Do you think a gigabyte gtx560ti soc will handle that screen res well when playing bf3 ect at mediumish graphics¿

I can play bf3 at ultra settings on single player and at high on multiplayer @ 1050x1680
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. aljowen

aljowen Member

Ratings:
    +5
  3. LJx

LJx Active Member

Ratings:
    +369
    Look at the price of it not to mention it is about thickness of a brick. The samsung monitors that are the same size, same resolution and cost £100 less on amazon are not surprisingly more popular
  4. aljowen

aljowen Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Which samsung one costs £143 and has a 1920x1200 screen resolution. Correct me if im wrong but that is 1080p territory. and i suspect much lower quality as well.

Btw thickness isn't much of an issue to me, i would much prefer solid performance and for it to last. My current screen is about 2" thick anyway.