1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£800 budget, what to go for?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Carlos 1975, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Carlos 1975

Carlos 1975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I have had my name down for a 50 panny v10 for a few weeks now but unfortunately due to unforseen reasons i dont have the funds anymore. So i have been looking at the 50" s10 at £699?

What sort of quality can i expect from this tv, i'm not bothered about all the extras anymore i.e viera cast, freesat, im wanting a decent picture. Are there any other manufacturers to look at instead for the money or should i stick with the panny?
    My minimum viewing distance is 9 1/2 feet and will be watching SD 80% if the time and HD and gaming the other 20%.
    any info. or advice welcomed.
    Thanks Carl
  2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +652
    Wait until next week for details, the newer models should be good value and you should find some older ones such as the s10 cheaper.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bonjour

Bonjour Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You should be able to pick up the 46G10 for about £800 if you shop around.
  4. Carlos 1975

Carlos 1975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonc 46" g10 with 5 year warrenty for £825. does this sound like a good deal? or do you think i should wait for new models to arrive and hopefully a price drop? sounds like its a discontinued model though, so if anything did happen to it they would probably struggle to repair it?
  5. Carlos 1975

Carlos 1975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the difference between the s10 and g10 as i dont want the freesat and the s10 is much cheaper. to my naked eye am i going to see a difference?
  6. Carlos 1975

Carlos 1975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Called into Dixons today and had a look at the S10 and i must say it looked very good, i asked if it was broadcasting in HD and they said no it wasn't it was just from a hard drive which he showed me. so i'm tempted to go for the 50" S10 because at £770 with a 5 year warrenty seems very good.
  7. davidmbell

davidmbell Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Crown Point Retail park by any chance? Got two Panny's one above the other and the S is nearer the floor? Showing various country scenes, then some sort of circus? Been there seen that. ; )

You can get it for £750 from Sound and Vision (IN STORE) with a 5 yr warranty here Panasonic VIERA TX-P50S10B (TX-P50S10|TXP50S10B|TXP50S10) 50inch HD Ready 400hz Plasma Television-Buy Online or In Store and they're based on the Armley Gyratory (spl!) where the old Comet used to be.

Or get it from Bennetts for £665 (with new customer newsletter sign up 5% discount) then get a 5 yr warranty from Barneys for £74 https://www.barmey.co.uk/ssl/aspcart/warrantywiz3.asp?wtype=30

I've just ordered this tv to arrive next sat.

David
  8. Carlos 1975

Carlos 1975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got the 50" S10 today and so far i'm delighted with my purchase. Watching the tv through the standard virgin box i think the picture is great :D even the likes of Dave which broadcasts poor quality is good. I put a blueray on and Yeah man, brilliant:smashin:value for money in my eyes.