3 rings and woolworths return policy ??

dazza1011

Prominent Member
Reaction score
well ive finally got the 3 rings of death:suicide:

does anyone know what the policy/goods act is on returning an xbox when purchased as a limited edition.

in my case the gears of war box set, are they required to exchange for any premium xbox ( i.e pro evo, WWE/RAW box set ) or does it have to be the same im not bothered but i dont want them to just say that as they dont have the gears of war box then they cant replace it ??

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Well, if anything like GAME ,they will just swap the actual console.Not the whole bundle.

If its in warranty they have to fix or refund if they can't.

Their problem, not yours.

The only thing is, if they can't get a replacement set they can expect you to accept a full refund. But it would make sense for them to just replace the console.

From what i know of woolworths..... you will be very lucky if you can get woolworths to do anything about your faulty console because as far as i'm aware they act as an agent for Microsoft which means they have no responsibility when it comes to replacing or repairing the console, the responsibility in this case lies with MS so i'm 99.9% sure you will have to send the console in for repair.

Well, if anything like GAME ,they will just swap the actual console.Not the whole bundle.

well i can live with that

as for woolworths being an agent they are still bound by the sale of goods act so if they try that trick ( which i know they will ) i will pull out my bit of paper with the sale of goods act on

i'll keep you posted

From what i know of woolworths..... you will be very lucky if you can get woolworths to do anything about your faulty console because as far as i'm aware they act as an agent for Microsoft which means they have no responsibility when it comes to replacing or repairing the console, the responsibility in this case lies with MS so i'm 99.9% sure you will have to send the console in for repair.

They are lying!

well i can live with that

as for woolworths being an agent they are still bound by the sale of goods act so if they try that trick ( which i know they will ) i will pull out my bit of paper with the sale of goods act on

i'll keep you posted

Thats my point though, retailers acting as an agent for a manufacturer are NOT liable under the sales of goods act

That's simply not true! If people from Woolworths have said this, they are doing the typical retailer thing by lying to shirk their responsibilities.

The thing that's interesting about this forum is, you quickly learn where to buy your stuff from and where to not buy it from. Maybe one day the shops will wake up to this :)

That's simply not true! If people from Woolworths have said this, they are doing the typical retailer thing by lying to shirk their responsibilities.

The thing that's interesting about this forum is, you quickly learn where to buy your stuff from and where to not buy it from. Maybe one day the shops will wake up to this :)

I haven't been told this by woolworths since i'm sure the staff there wouldn't have a clue but ive read it several times on the net. It may well be untrue but if it is indeed true they are NOT responsible for repairing or replacing the console. All i'm trying to say is that i know people that have had to take there 360s back to woolworths and although them being an agent for microsoft wasn't mentioned they were not able to get a repleacement or repair no matter what they tried

From what i know of woolworths..... you will be very lucky if you can get woolworths to do anything about your faulty console because as far as i'm aware they act as an agent for Microsoft which means they have no responsibility when it comes to replacing or repairing the console, the responsibility in this case lies with MS

Wrong. The responsibility is ALWAYS with the retailer you bought it from, not the manufacturer. Your legal contract (as a buyer) is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. The retailer has the obligation to make sure the goods they sell are not inherently faulty.

Wrong. The responsibility is ALWAYS with the retailer you bought it from, not the manufacturer. Your legal contract (as a buyer) is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. The retailer has the obligation to make sure the goods they sell are not inherently faulty.

I'm only goin on what the Sales of goods act states

Q6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?

No. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract (unless he was acting as the manufacturer's agent)

The above probably doesn't apply when the seller is a big retailer like woolworths but i was told the same when my 3 (network) phone died... the 3 shop said i would need to call 3 directly because its nothing to do with them and upon contacting 3 they confirmed that the shop was correct to do so as they are just an agent and the exchange would need to be done through them directly.

As i said above its probably a load of crap but i'm only pointing out that woolworths (from what ive heard) are a pain in the arse when it comes to 360s

Woolies are talking manure... Why wouldn't it apply to big companies? (not aimed at you :))

No i meant the agent part not being possible if its a big retail chain like woolworths

does anyone know what the policy/goods act is on returning an xbox when purchased as a limited edition.

in my case the gears of war box set, are they required to exchange for any premium xbox ( i.e pro evo, WWE/RAW box set ) or does it have to be the same im not bothered but i dont want them to just say that as they dont have the gears of war box then they cant replace it ??

cheers

I had mine from Woolies and it died after 9 months. I phoned the store they told me to speak to their central help desk. I did and the would not budge. So I went back into store and kicked up a stink with the manager about the sales of goods act etc etc. The took the faulty console and gave me a brand new full prem system there and then :thumbsup: Hope this helps!

At the end of the day, you go into a Woolworths shop and hand over your money. You get the 360 in a Woolworths bag, and the receipt says Woolworths at the top.

Woolworths need a good kick up the ar$e if they say it's not their responsibility!

My son purchased a 360 from woolworths 2 months ago and it bricked yesturday.
When i telephoned the store they said i could not have an exchange and that i would have to ring microsoft to have it repaired.
I told them it was there responsability as i bought it from them.
They would not back down and insisted i wrang microsoft.
I was not having any of that and this is what did.
Telephone this no. 08703337111 and they will tell the the store to give you a new console.
Woolworths House
Royal Barn Road
Castleton
Rochdale
Lancashire
OL11 3DU

Telephone: 0870 333 7111 (calls charged at national rate) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday), 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Saturday) or 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Sunday). Calls may be monitored or recorded for customer service and training purposes.

I walked into the store today and walked out with a brand new 360 with a new receipt.
Woolworth and comet are the same company so it should work the same.
Dont give up stick to your rights and go to the top of the tree and you will get what you want.

Q6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?

No. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract (unless he was acting as the manufacturer's agent)

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I suspect that an agent is where you don't pay them, but you pay the manufacturer. So in the 3 shop they are selling you a contract and phone that you pay 3 for, not the shop.

In Woolies case I assume you pay Woolies and they're just being fraudulent trying to get you to go back to Microsoft. Probably some 'clever' young Business Studies graduate or Accountant thought they could make a name from themselves with this bright idea. (S)He's certainly made name for Woolies as crooks with this one.

I spent half an hour arguing with a manager in-store (woolies) and he wouldnt budge an inch.

I took great pleasure in returning 2 hours later - after speaking to their head office and quoting S.O.G.A - and instructing the manager to give me my replacement, if he had a problem with this he was to call head office :)

cheers

If they give you any hassle, just frag tag them ;)

Mine broke and Game swapped it - make sure you keep your hard drive though - good luck!

Good results all round i see, doesn't look like ANY store can get away with sending you to microsoft.
The only down side to returning to the store is that for obvious reasons they can insist you return the hard drive as well, i personally wouldn't want to lose all my game saves and am glad i had to make do with a core system

My son purchased a 360 from woolworths 2 months ago and it bricked yesturday.
When i telephoned the store they said i could not have an exchange and that i would have to ring microsoft to have it repaired.
I told them it was there responsability as i bought it from them.
They would not back down and insisted i wrang microsoft.
I was not having any of that and this is what did.
Telephone this no. 08703337111 and they will tell the the store to give you a new console.
Woolworths House
Royal Barn Road
Castleton
Rochdale
Lancashire
OL11 3DU

Telephone: 0870 333 7111 (calls charged at national rate) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday), 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Saturday) or 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Sunday). Calls may be monitored or recorded for customer service and training purposes.

I walked into the store today and walked out with a brand new 360 with a new receipt.
Woolworth and comet are the same company so it should work the same.
Dont give up stick to your rights and go to the top of the tree and you will get what you want.

did you take everything back or just the machine because i dont really want to lose my game saves etc by handing the hard drive over ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom