Light gun games??

Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any plans of games similar to house of the dead, time crisis etc, I've not heard anything regarding a light gun for the 360 but i'm sure it would be great fun playing a HD house of the dead on with a gun.

Nothing planned that I'm aware of. The problem with light gun technology is that it doesn't work on LCD, plasma or 100Hz TVs (ie - most modern ones), so they'd have to package it with a remote sensor like the Wii uses. I imagine that having to create not one but two new peripherals would be a lot to put off devs.

The Wii is bound to use it's controller for some light gun style games. An update of Duck Hunt has been a long time coming :D

If the Xbox 360 tries to play catch up with Wii's tilt-o-gamepad we're bound to see something light gun stylee on the Xbox 360!

it will come, but will happen once there are enough consoles out there to justify the cost and risk of putting out the peripheral... guns to work with LCD/plasma etc already exist..

Nothing planned that I'm aware of. The problem with light gun technology is that it doesn't work on LCD, plasma or 100Hz TVs (ie - most modern ones)

This is good to know as i was looking to buy a NES off Ebay but i thought that there may be a problem with the gun on an LCD tv. It's nice having LCD's in the house instead of CRT's but without Duck Hunt i don't think i'll be able to relive my childhood the way i wanted.

Oh well, back to TDU then.

Smaz.

Duck Hunt is rumoured to be available from launch for the Wii's virtual console...:thumbsup:

House of the Dead 4, the arcade machine, uses a large LCD tv and runs in HD, that uses light guns :confused:

House of the Dead 4, the arcade machine, uses a large LCD tv and runs in HD, that uses light guns :confused:

Like I said the technology does exist (I'm pretty sure you can even get PS2 light guns with the remote sensor from Lik-Sang or Play Asia), but it's pricey and probably not something developers want to risk on the next generation, especially given the already high development costs.

Presumably the HOTD4 cabinet uses this technology... guess when you're already creating a huge cabinet like that with large Uzi controllers it's gonna cost a bomb in any case!

The original Duck Hunt flashed the screen black but the duck white rather than trace the scan lines so that actually may work with an LCD or plasma.

The SNES scope came with a sensor rather than trace scan lines so that should also work with an LCD or plasma.

The tech is there and I don't feel its even very expensive!

I hope they re-work some of the old Ninty games for re-release on the Wii. An online four player duck hunt could be worth a giggle and an online 8 player SNES mariokart has been a dream of mine for quite some years now!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom