De Blob - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate De Blob? (please vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre Defining/Perfect)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 (Very Good)

• 6 (Above Average)

• 5 (Average)

• 4 (Below Average)

• 2 (Very Poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• 0 (Utterly Useless)

• Total voters
Doesn't look too bad,I think my son will like it. Play.com are selling it for £18 at present, which is not a bad price. :smashin: It's getting good reviews aswell.

Chris S

I did get a chance to play it in Leipzig but I wasn't able to get a good explanation of the gameplay in English from the girl attending the demo station. It did look fun and interesting from what I did play of it and what little I understood of how to play it. The main part of the gameplay is to paint the level in different colours. Obviously there is a lot more to it then that. I'm contemplating picking it up if not now then some time later.

Strange, I could have sworn there was already a thread for this one but nothing comes up in the search:confused:

Seems to be receiving some nice reviews, IGN especially gave the game so very high praises in their review, calling it one of the best third party Wii games so far!

I just bought this for my son from play. I'll have to wait until his birthday at the end of the month before I comment but looks very promising. Good review on metacritic

Strange, I could have sworn there was already a thread for this one but nothing comes up in the search:confused:

Seems to be receiving some nice reviews, IGN especially gave the game so very high praises in their review, calling it one of the best third party Wii games so far!

I could swear there was one too but when I did a search I could not find it. I was going to report that a thread already existed. I'm sure I saw it before.

Great fun, if a little simple gameplay wise.

And only £17 at Asda:clap:

Get it while you can folks!

This is a really good game,the presentation is excellent,great fun to play and it's well worth buying at the low price you can get from a couple of places.

Great game, well worth the price that this game can be picked up for

8/10

Bought this at the weekend and had a quick game when I got home from work .. .. .. .. started playing at around midnight and mrs ff came and told me to come to bed at 3am :eek:

Using the wiimote and nunchuk you guide de blob around each level with the analogue stick, a sharp movement of the wiimote makes you jump. Other controls are added through the game but each time a short tutorial explains how to activate them. Collect paint and then paint buildings, walls, bridges, trees, mix colours to create new ones to paint around the level. Completing challenges gives collectible time bonuses and opens new areas, completing specific objectives through the level can unlock hidden bonuses when your score is tallied.

If this game had been made by Nintendo it would be at the top of the sales charts.. .. .. .. it is yet another overlooked gem for the Wii. Go and buy it because you will not regret it.

I got this game for Christmas - really enjoying it. Didn't see the big deal with it at first, but I'm totally hooked now. I find it really relaxing and fun - although everybody that has seen me play think it looks boring - but I can't express how involved I have got with the game. I can easily lose 70 minutes on a level. I sometimes think the jump control could be a little better, but it's a small gripe.

The multiplayer levels look quite fun as well, but I think they would me better with 3 or more players.

I definitely recommend this to anybody with a little bit of time to play who fancies some simple and enjoyable gaming, you can't go wrong with this.

This has been out for some time now, so I thought I'd add the opinion poll.
It's an odd game in that it's difficult to describe exactly what hooks you on it but a glance at the clock usually shows me a couple of hours have passed :D (like you say kingofpies, looks relatively boring to onlookers over the age of 5, but addictive as hell :thumbsup:).

It's nice and colourful, with great graphics, great gameplay, it's fun and I'm enjoying it immensely so far (when i get the chance to play it that is).

I'd give it an easy 9.

BTW: If you give this game a score of 4 or less, can you please at least justify it with a sensible comment in this thread (READ HERE)? - it is a public poll so EVERYONE can see who posted what (and thread spoiling will result in an infraction). Thank you :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the poll Gaffer!

If I was going to criticise the game in any way it would be the lack of save function mid level .. .. .. .. they're taking me around 55 minutes each at the moment as I play through them for the first time .. .. .. I want to carry on but know that I don't really have time .. .. oh I'll take a quick peak to see what it's like .. ..just watch the cutscene .. .. .. just a quick look round the level .. .. one challenge .. .. .. then I'm playing the whole level .. .. .. .. repeat every hour :rotfl:

I would agree with that, but it doesn't really bother me too much for some reason (normally, lack of frequent saves is a REAL bugbear of mine).
I picked this up from where I left off again today and it's still hella addictive :).
My only minor gripe is that the camera angles are good but the camera is too slow to swing around to give you the view you need (only an issue if you're doing a timed mission and have to see round a corner or ahead of you in order to avoid falling down from a skyscraper or similar).
I also find the "we MUST tell you about every minor occurrence as it happens whether you're in the middle of a timed event or not" :mad: quite off-putting at times. I'm kind of "in the zone" planning my next jump or what colour I need on what building and all of a sudden "gate opened" appears. Can't they wait till after I've finished that quest/mission? :rolleyes:.

Again, these are still very minor so I still rate this game as 9/10 as it remains very enjoyable and a nice break from my current Wipeout HD-fests on the PS3 :D.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom