The Bigs - Opinions and Discussion

Reaction score
Couldnt see a thread for this. Not surprising, minority sport and apparantly not a very good game.

Well, I got it today (big Baseball fan) and must say its actually REALLY fun.

Both the pitching and batting mechanics are really good and I like the fast paced, arcadey style of the game.

I appreciate its early days, but so far so good.

One thing that had me in stitches - at my first 'at-bat', I hit the ball straight back to the pitcher who ducked. The ball hit him on the head and spooned up to 2nd base who made the catch. I hope it wasnt scripted as it looked awesome!

Will be playing it more later, so will give a more rounded view then...

Couldnt see a thread for this. Not surprising, minority sport and apparantly not a very good game.

Well, I got it today (big Baseball fan) and must say its actually REALLY fun.

Both the pitching and batting mechanics are really good and I like the fast paced, arcadey style of the game.

I appreciate its early days, but so far so good.

One thing that had me in stitches - at my first 'at-bat', I hit the ball straight back to the pitcher who ducked. The ball hit him on the head and spooned up to 2nd base who made the catch. I hope it wasnt scripted as it looked awesome!

Will be playing it more later, so will give a more rounded view then...

Hi Paul. I'll be interested to know what you think when you've had a chance to play it more.

I actually just bought a Wii today and as you know, I'm also a big baseball fan, so it's one I might be interested in. I have it on PS3 and it's a good . fun arcade style game on that format.

Hi Paul. I'll be interested to know what you think when you've had a chance to play it more.

I actually just bought a Wii today and as you know, I'm also a big baseball fan, so it's one I might be interested in. I have it on PS3 and it's a good . fun arcade style game on that format.

Hi Gerry! Welcome aboard the good ship Wii.

Played it last night for some more and it is actually really good! Love the batting, pitching and fielding mechanic, works really well.

You've already played a version of it, so you know its OTT fun, rather than something like The Show.

I got mine from Game online - was very cheap - think its £17 new...

Not sure if its the same on the PS3, but there is no season mode as such, just a 'Road to the Show' type thing where you play games and challenges to make your rookie better and get to the big league.

Sounds pretty similar. Does it have the power-ups which guarantee you a home run when your power bar is full?

Just reserved a copy at my local Currys for £12.97:thumbsup:

Just reserved a copy at my local Currys for £12.97:thumbsup:

My local currys is shutting for a refurb, so all clearance (i.e. .97) games are half price, so I've just paid £6.50 for this.:clap: Its got to be worth the price of a couple of pints.

My local currys is shutting for a refurb, so all clearance (i.e. .97) games are half price, so I've just paid £6.50 for this.:clap: Its got to be worth the price of a couple of pints.

Excellent price....I haven't actually got round to playing it yet but it got some decent reviews and should be fun as long as you aren't looking for a serious game of baseball. It's definitely more of an arcade style (based on the PS3 version which I own).

I just started out on the Rookie challenge.

I think some challenges are too easy.

For example get at least one hit with your rookie in that and that game.

Just save the home run meter and hit a bomb, there u go challenge completed.

I hope they get more difficult further on !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom