House of the Dead 2 & 3 - discussion thread & opinion poll

• Thread starter Deleted member 65413
  • Start date

How do you rate House of the Dead 2 & 3 Wii? (please vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 6 (Above average)

• 5 (Average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 65413

house112607.jpg

This has mentioned elsewhere but needs a thread of its own.

These are perfect Arcade ports of the House of the Dead games. So far it has been rumoured that its a budget title and will sell for £19.99 which isnt to bad for two games. Going by the trailer below if certainly looks alot smoother than the Dreamcast version i played a few years back.

Also meant to have screen calibration for the Wii remote which will be a welcome addition.

Scheduled for a March/April release.

Enjoy the trailer and scans:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29902.html

61971520071207_171314_0_big.jpg

61971520071207_171317_1_big.jpg

Oooh, that looks pretty good :thumbsup:.

The fact that is uses a larger pallette than just
brown, brown, brown, white, grey, brown, black and brown
means that it will at least be set apart from RE:UC :devil: ;)

The Dreamcast version was surprisingly playable using the analogue stick. Wii-mote version should be awesome! :thumbsup:

when i found out about HOtD on wii, i was so glad that sega announced it. Although 2 was reasonable and 3 was better, they should of made HOtD 4. Hands down 4 was the best. But i dont know why they didnt make 5. it wold be brilliant on wii.:thumbsup:

all we need now is virtua cop series and time crisis series and my wii lightgun experience will be complete

all we need now is virtua cop series and time crisis series and my wii lightgun experience will be complete

Virtua Cop is certainly possible as it's a Sega franchise and they do favour Nintendo consoles quite a bit especially the Wii. I think it's highly unlikely we will see Time Crises on the Wii as regards that franchise Namco Bandai has always favoured the Playstation consoles.

I see on play.com that this game is available now, and I'm seriously tempted as I loved the arcade version. Has anyone got it yet, and do you use the wii zapper or is there a better gun available?

Will let you know tomorrow, GF has the remote currently :rolleyes:

Moved into the "House of the Dead Discussion Thread".

Got this today and i love it!

Ive always loved the HOTD games and it plays really well with the wiimote. Its always got that "just one more go" feel to it!

Some of the reviews I have seen (IGN for example) say that they are not great.. not as good as the old Dreamcast & Xbox versions from 5/6 years ago and not up to the quality of the recent Ghost Squad.

I really loved HOTD but I don't want to buy it again now and find that my memory of such a good game is ruined! I'd be really interested to know the views of people here who have got it because I trust your comments more than any magazine or website :smashin:

I picked this up today and love it!! ive always been a massive fan of the arcade and dreamcast version and this imo is the ultimate version even if it is a port. I personally dont remember hotd 2 looking this good on dc but maybe thats just me. As for the gameplay, well the wiimote was made for this game. Its very smooth and just feels right. I own Ghost Squad as well but for me hotd beats it hands down. If your a fan of the originals id whole heartedly recommend it!!!

Well that sounds promising then! Are you playing with just the wiimote or have you got some kind of gun attachment as well?

I thought Ghost Squad was great so if you think this is better, I'd have no hesitation in buying it. It's only £25 too :)

Well that sounds promising then! Are you playing with just the wiimote or have you got some kind of gun attachment as well?

I thought Ghost Squad was great so if you think this is better, I'd have no hesitation in buying it. It's only £25 too :)

Yeh im just using the wiimote.
Some people may prefer ghost squad to hotd but ive always preferred hotd over every other light gun game ive played!

I thought HOD3 looks really good on Wii.

HOD2 I think looks not as good as the Dreamcast version, which i have and played to death..

Still worth getting though, but i miss the rapid fire 'cheat' of the DC 3rd party guns..

:cool:

Well these are exactly as expected! HOD 2 looks a bit dated but it plays perfectly and HOD3 looks awsome... and plays perfectly.

For me it's worth having a Wii just to be able to play this kind of game again :) Well worth the £25 asking price.

Hi,

Does this game have native widescreen support or is it just a 4:3 display title?

Thanks! :)

Does this have a red blood option like in the arcade version & does it "spatter" like in the arcade version ? something that was missing from the DC port.

Edit I mean HOTD2.

I wonder if this will result in the release of HOTD 4?

Id hope so.. more than ever though id love a Point Blank game. I loved them on PS1 and there made for the wii!

Does anyone own this and Resident Evil: Umbrella chronicles, if so which do you prefer ?

I bought resident evil thinking it might be something the wife likes but she doesn't seem overly keen, and I have to admit I was underwhelmed and thought there was a lack of feedback when shooting, it just didn't feel right, so i'm now thinking of trading it for this HOTD compilation as it obviosly sounds more arcadey, thus keeping it as as nice pick up and play shoot fest which the wife might appreciate more, does anybody think this is a wise move, does the shooting feel like you're shooting ?

Does anyone own this and Resident Evil: Umbrella chronicles, if so which do you prefer ?

I bought resident evil thinking it might be something the wife likes but she doesn't seem overly keen, and I have to admit I was underwhelmed and thought there was a lack of feedback when shooting, it just didn't feel right, so i'm now thinking of trading it for this HOTD compilation as it obviosly sounds more arcadey, thus keeping it as as nice pick up and play shoot fest which the wife might appreciate more, does anybody think this is a wise move, does the shooting feel like you're shooting ?

I personally think its hard to compare the 2 even though they are both lightgun games. They feel very different. Id argue that HOTD is more fun and has more of that "one more go" feel, whereas UC really comes into its own after you get past the initial boring stages at the start!

Also UC is a far bigger game and id say overall it has more lastability. I love them both and personally couldnt do without. Only bad thing i could say about HOTD: The return is that ive never really been a fan of HOTD3, there seems a lot less skill involved then part 2. Gfx wise its far more polished but i find it nowhere near the fun of hotd2.

Only bad thing i could say about HOTD: The return is that ive never really been a fan of HOTD3, there seems a lot less skill involved then part 2. Gfx wise its far more polished but i find it nowhere near the fun of hotd2.
I'd agree with this... HOTD2 seems to a better designed game in terms of locations, suprises etc but then seeing as I am rubbish anyway I do get just as much fun from HOTD3 as I can get further in one go! And it looks nice!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom