Carnival Games For The Wii

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take-Two offshoot Global Star Software has revealed plans to recreate the fun of the fairground for Wii this summer.

But, alas, Carnival Games is only confirmed for North America at the moment, although we expect it to rear its head in Europe soon.

Cat Daddy Games of 'Deal or No Deal' fame will be creating the title, which will feature over 25 of your favourite fairground pursuits, like getting your fortune told or Tossing the Milk Can, all that sort of stuff. Mini-game heaven.

Rest of the news article here ...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76713

Gamespot give it a 4.5/10
General consensus from the reader reviews seem to say the game is lots of fun!
It might be worth a punt. When it comes to wii games i dont tend to pay attention to reviews anymore. Most seem to be well off the mark imo.
Red Steel got average ratings of about 6/10 when that came out and i loved it. Recently with Mario olympics as well. Another game that generally gets average reviews but again another game i love!

This looks really good!! It is also nice to see that there are still a lot more unique mini games out there.

Am I the only one starting to get fed up with mini games?

I am a little bit. It depends on what mood im in. Mini games are great for kids and some are good for multi player. Mario Party is probably the best example. Sometimes tho i want something a bit more substantial.
Im dying for them to release a Point Blank game for the wii. It would be great with the wiimote and point blank did have loads of minigames but they were mostly fun and lots of unlockables.

I am a little bit. It depends on what mood im in. Mini games are great for kids and some are good for multi player. Mario Party is probably the best example. Sometimes tho i want something a bit more substantial.
Im dying for them to release a Point Blank game for the wii. It would be great with the wiimote and point blank did have loads of minigames but they were mostly fun and lots of unlockables.

Point blank was good fun. I just feel that certain devs are trying to milk the mini-game thing abit too much. They just make any old game as they know it will sell to the millions of parents out there who buy them for their kids. I just hope we're not left with the same scenario as previous nintendo consoles where the majority of decent titles are first party.

The wife got me this for Christmas and it's a good laugh actually. Loads of mini games (some better than others) and it's an ideal party game to stick on. :) I'd give it a decent enough 7/10.

That's a good enough opinion from a trusted source to give it a go! I have seen so many contradicting reviews, I was not sure whether it was worth it or not.... but it does sound like fun :smashin:

That's a good enough opinion from a trusted source to give it a go! I have seen so many contradicting reviews, I was not sure whether it was worth it or not.... but it does sound like fun :smashin:

It is a bit of fun and it's not a full price game and on that basis I feel it's a decent buy. I got it as a pressie and I must admit that it is something that I wouldn't have bothered with if I was looking for something to buy something myself, buy I guess that's the joy of Christmas for you. Me and the wife had a go on this last night and enjoyed it, how long that enjoyment will last I don't know but personally i'd rate this as a good party game. :)

Picked this up from Asda tonight for £17.70, its on Play for £14.99 if you fancy saving a couple of quid.

Anyway the game isn't going to win any awards but me the wife and two kids just looked at the clock and relalised we had been playing it for almost three hours and it had gone midnight. The game it great fun and has lots of mini games and you can play with four people sharing one Wii mote. Some of the games are not that great and some are a bit hit and miss in terms of accuracey. But the bottom line is its £17 and a whole lot of fun. The kids have gone to bed happy and the wife wants to play again tomorrow, which is always a bonus :D

I would recomend this to any one who wants a decent party/multi player game.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom