Rigifix - Who has usd them?

adskin80

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a new build house used Rigifix bolts. Just about to mount the TV in my lounge to an external wall.

I'm not sure what to expect, plasterboard - gap - breeze block - insulation - brick??? I haven't a clue.

Initial thoughts were to cut a hole in the plasterboard to fix some wood to the breeze blocks then attach the mount to that.

Any thoughts?

I'd also be interested as have new build dot and dab rubbish walls.

I've read a few threads giving a thumbs up - not sure how long the products been around though so long term is it still OK? (I guess otherwise there would be lots of fallen off the wall posts!)

My mate just used frame type fixings - like the sleeved metal bolts to hang his Pan Plasma - I was going to do similar but hadn't even considered the issue of pulling the plasterboard into the breeze block, so these Rigifix fixings look ideal as I don't want to be making good the rest of the wall after.

He put about 12 blots in which he reckons went almost all the way through the blocks (they must have been massive!) but with rigifix they seem like they'll only go into the blocks a few inches? Thought i'd read 110mm length for M8s? Is that right (couldn't seem to find length on their site funnily enough)

Saying that my panel is only 20Kg so with mount only got about 23-25kg to hang which should be fine.

So are these definitely the business for d&d walls?

I've got my old man coming round today to hopefully give a bit of advice.

I would like to use the Rigifix as it would mean less work and repairing of the wall. My TV is also 20kg but as I've got an 'arm' bracket then it would put a lot more weight on the bolts.

If you have a flush barcket, I used these for my 32" upstairs, worked a treat. The setting tool is a must!

Hollow Wall Anchor 5 x 52mm 8-16mm Pack of 10 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

Have used exactly those for hanging a floating shelf on a truly cavity wall - don't think they are any good for d&d walls though.

Mind they do a good job in a cavity - until you want to get them out! There is no easy way if you want the fixings out it seems.

I'm sort of resolved with going the Rigifix way - I might get some and trial in the left where the blocks should be the same - have a go at hanging up one of the kids maybe!

rigifix are exactly what you want i have used them and they are easy to use and will hold ships up so dont worry about your television.

I hope the uinsurance does not prove necessary, do let me know how you get on.:thumbsup:

I will do should be installing on Saturday. I ordered the bolts off ebay, O hope they are real. The feedback was good and they look legit!!

I'll let you know may be with some pics on Saturday!

The Rigifix bolts were excellent!!!! The TV is safe as houses!!!! I'm pretty sure if the bracket could hold my weight then I could easily hang off it!!!

Will get some photos up soon .... I promise.

So if anybody with a new build who wants to mount a TV on an external wall then these are what you want. It took longer to fish for my speaker cables behind the plasterboard than it did to mount the TV. :rotfl:

........ Just one thing there isn't enough space behind the plasterboard to feed the TV power cable. Was thinking of cutting the plug off. Would this void the warranty? I could get a kettle lead from work and use that instead of destroying the original one. It has black 'blocks' on the lead just after the plug though. Do these do anything???

I have used these and was really pleased with the job, they cost quite a bit from Screwfix, but I manage to find them at a place called Orbital fasteners for a 1/4 of the price.

Orbital Fasteners

Hi guys, Rigifix are basically the absolute best thing to buy to fix a TV through a cavity plasterboard wall into brick. I was in the same situation last year and spent a lot of time researching various techniqiues and products, eventually realising that Rigifix are the best. They work as achors and can easily take a hueg amount of weight, whilst putting 0 stress on the plasterboard itself.

I bought 6 of them and fixed them to the brick behind my plasterboard wall. The brackets could take my entire body weight, let alone a simple light LED television.

they are a little expensive, but I actually think they're a bargain for what they are.

£10 tro fix my TV to the wall for life. £500 to buy a new TV when using inferior quality fixings fail. No brainer really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom