X-Factor or Cry-Factor

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I like X-Factor but one thing that really winds me up about it is that nearly everyone is shown crying their eyes out. :thumbsdow

It doesnt matter if they make it to the next stage or not allot of contestants are shown crying their eyes out. :boring:

I also hate it when some contestants keep on repeating their sad story time and time again.

ie. I am singing here because my Dad has recently died and he really liked me singing and wanted me to be on this show. :boring:

Its ok to hear the sad story once, but it wears very thin to keep on repeating the same story every time they sing.

Last year we had a scotish woman who had a very good voice and was unfortunately in a wheel chair. She said that she didnt want to be known or judged for being in a wheelchair. Fair enough, I can respect that.
However every time you saw her she mentioned how she was in a wheel chair :suicide: It was she obvious she was looking for a few sympathy votes.

Basically I really enjoy The X Factor but I wish they would cut the crying down and stop repeating the sad stories as they are quiet frankly getting on my nerves. Due to this excess of tears I have renamed the show Cry Factor. :D

Am I alone in these thoughts or do others feel that the crying and sad stories is getting OTT (over the top).

I like X-Factor but one thing that really winds me up about it is that nearly everyone is shown crying their eyes out. :thumbsdow

It doesnt matter if they make it to the next stage or not allot of contestants are shown crying their eyes out. :boring:

I also hate it when some contestants keep on repeating their sad story time and time again.

ie. I am singing here because my Dad has recently died and he really liked me singing and wanted me to be on this show. :boring:

Its ok to hear the sad story once, but it wears very thin to keep on repeating the same story every time they sing.

Last year we had a scotish woman who had a very good voice and was unfortunately in a wheel chair. She said that she didnt want to be known or judged for being in a wheelchair. Fair enough, I can respect that.
However every time you saw her she mentioned how she was in a wheel chair :suicide: It was she obvious she was looking for a few sympathy votes.

Basically I really enjoy The X Factor but I wish they would cut the crying down and stop repeating the sad stories as they are quiet frankly getting on my nerves. Due to this excess of tears I have renamed the show Cry Factor. :D

Am I alone in these thoughts or do others feel that the crying and sad stories is getting OTT (over the top).

Spot on mate, especially the dad passing away one. It's not like a) she's
young b) it happened a few weeks ago. I mean it's a sad loss, but it's the one thing we are all sure of, I know I ain't going to be here for ever!

So yeah I wanted to lob something at the telly when the flood gates opened, and then she started singing, and she was rather good, so I put the brick down and watched the rest of the show.

Worst thing for me was when Leona sang, it just made me realise how rubbish this years lot are in comparison.

Spot on mate, especially the dad passing away one. It's not like a) she's
young b) it happened a few weeks ago. I mean it's a sad loss, but it's the one thing we are all sure of, I know I ain't going to be here for ever!

So yeah I wanted to lob something at the telly when the flood gates opened, and then she started singing, and she was rather good, so I put the brick down and watched the rest of the show.

Worst thing for me was when Leona sang, it just made me realise how rubbish this years lot are in comparison.

I am glad I am not alone in getting annoyed with all the sob stories and crying. :smashin:

As you say the woman with the passed away father did really well at the signing part which is what the show is all about.

I have started to fast forward all the crying.

Your right about Leona she was in a different class to them all. I dont think anyone will come close to Leona this year. IMO one of the bands will win this years title, be it the boy band or girl band which Louie put together. :)

I generally hate these kinds of show. The whole fake drama with the judges as if it's more about them than the contestants. Last weekend it was the turn of Sharon saying she's quitting. :rolleyes:

However last year there was one reason I was hooked on the live shows, and that was Leona. She just got better and better, and her appearance last weekend was incredible. I was convinced she was miming it was so good, though it would have been the best lip sync I've ever seen if she was! I think I prefer her live performances over her recorded material, which is rare for me. If she doesn't become a huge star it'll either be through mismanagement, or her blowing it by falling into the usual celebrity traps.

As for this year's lot. They don't do anything for me. Though the one that's a spitting image of Kelis and almost got voted off at the weekend is very cute!

I agree with you there, everyone knows her story, we don't need to hear it every week.

This is why Simon Cowell is so good, he tells it like it is, none of this mincey, crying crap.

'Oh, I'm Sharon Osbourne, I'm not voting and going to leave the show forever.'

2 days later....

'I'm back'

I agree with you there, everyone knows her story, we don't need to hear it every week.

This is why Simon Cowell is so good, he tells it like it is, none of this mincey, crying crap.

'Oh, I'm Sharon Osbourne, I'm not voting and going to leave the show forever.'

2 days later....

'I'm back'

I did think the Sharon offering to leave was a bit silly. :rolleyes:

Simon says it how it is, which is great IMO. I think he is also getting fed up with the woman who keeps on mentioning her dad as he said she should leave her emotions out of the show and just concentrate on signing.

It just turning into a repeat of previous years imo. Hard luck stories, shed loads of tears, judges storming out and back the following week. I just can't be bothered to watch it anymore

12 acts are also far too many. It would be better if they just has 2 each as there are some real dross in there that you know won't last long.

Thi show should really dissapear for a year or so break as it's getting very boring year in, year out

its far to formatted now .

Makes me laugh when they say "and it was all going wrong in the morning"

Que Simon and the other judges all on there mobiles saying "its a disaster i dont think its gonna work "

Can anything be done ?

"well then in the afternoon things started to change "

What a load of LIES ! I said it last year ill say same this year .
Same with "the experiment" Simon "it will never work " OOHH DRAMA
anyone who belives that nonesense is very gullable .

Also cracks me up when there in the Army . They MUST turn up in there army fatigues and then show all the guys back at the base .

Its a singing competition isnt it ???

As Razor said its the same whith the Dad dying stuff every week .

The boy whos Mum brought him up "all alone and just wants to make it through for a better life with him and his Mum " EVERY single time his on they say that . What century are they in ? Lots of US these days were brought up by our Mums alone this sadly is whats happening in the REAL world .

Agree with all comments made here. All the sob story stuff week in week out drives me (and my wife) mad :mad:

I know last week was the first of the live shows, but thought most of them were terrible. Not up to some of the previous years standards. The only judge who I think made good choices for the final 3 was (dare I say it)..... Louis. The other 3 all made some bad choices, but hey what do I know... :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you Razor. It's like the producers think that if they emotionally manipulate you enough you'll just want to keep watching to see if their 'dreams' are fulfilled.

Both me and my wife find the whole thing's getting very tired and boring now. I mean talking about flogging a dead horse... :nono:

Its not a singing show, its a show where the best "angle" for the act will win. Fortunately, last year the best voice did win, however, from what I've seen this year, there isn't enough singing talent to shine through, so we'll see a lot more guff this time round. :thumbsdow

Simple synopsis of what this show has now become:- 'Past its sell by date and is now utterly boring' :boring:

I completely agree with you Razor. It's like the producers think that if they emotionally manipulate you enough you'll just want to keep watching to see if their 'dreams' are fulfilled.

Both me and my wife find the whole thing's getting very tired and boring now. I mean talking about flogging a dead horse... :nono:

I like the concept of the show, ie find a winner but I think this crying business is getting way over the top. I am half wondering if they have someone behind the camera chopping onions whilst they interview.

Its actually starting to turn me against the contestants who are always using a sob story and favouring those that dont have one.

I agree the talent on offer is very poor this year compared to last years Leona. She is definitely in a different league to the current crop of competition.

the other one that gets me is this . (heavy crying) " i dont wanna go back to stacking shelves at Asda "

No thats right lets all feel sorry for you that you have to do the job that many people who are watching have to do . Poor you and "its been your dream all your life" and let me guess "all you you ever wanted to do"

"Simon hates me he said im like a backing singer " booo hooo . "he said im AVERAGE " BOO HOO

and then you get Kate Thornton or whoever is doing it at the time saying "meanwhile after being told she was distinctly average by Simon ..name .. was wondering would this be her last week or would she have to go back to .... he dreaded DAY JOB "

I sit there and laugh my ...... Off at them .

As i said last year and a few have said Leona and talent like her is what the show should be about

what was the riddler on tonight, what a perfomance from the phantom.

Niki is a good singer but the riddler is something special. He is an amazing all round 'But scary' entertainer

Hehe, must admit that the bloke who's name sounds like a Mortal Combat character (and looks like one too), is keeping me interested this year. They're pushing the "You're barmy" angle a bit much, as he seems to come over as a nice guy to me, but his performances so far have put the others in the shade!

Scared the crap out of me!!!!

Just watched the repeat

Staying Alive:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: even my son was embarrassed for him.

The lady who sang the Titanic song was good, not alot of poeple can pull it off.

As with the crying - Its all drama!

The standard this year is dismal, I don't think we will be hearing much from any of them once the show is over.

The Simon/Lou bickering is now getting so tedious, they have done this to death, its not amusing anymore.

I Sky+ the show and just fast forward through most of it, I could not face watching it all the way through anymore.

Well at least they are getting some of todays biggest and brightess talents to help the acts, next week its................. Boys to Men :rotfl:

:clap: This is the first week that woman didnt talk about singing for her dad... Hurrah... :clap:

I think someone must of had a word with her or the producers have been told to tone it down. ;)

I agree with razor , getting well fed up of all the sob stores.
Everyone has problems whether big or small. I think these people just mil it big time.
Oh and lets start a campaign for Riddler to win. I like the old boy, ok hes a bit weird , but in a good way. At least hes different. i cant remember what any of the others have sung since the start of the program , there all so boring. The only thing i can rememer is the tears and sob stories. oh and feeling myself go red with embaressment for that idiot singing staying alive.
Bring it on Riddler :smashin:

I thought both of Sharons acts were terrible. The black girl with the big affro has an awful voice IMO. Yes she looks the part but I really didnt like her voice and though she should of gone. 2 weeks at the bottom isnt good.

The 15 year old that sharon is mentoring should also go, she is out of her depth and shouldnt of been in the final IMO. Yes she has done great for a 15 year old but she isnt good enough to compete with the rest.

Celine did a wonderful job of boosting their confidence. That what she was there for this week. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom