Tag XLR to RCA

I have a friend with of a few RCA -> XLR, if that's what you want then PM me and I'll give you details.

Neil

Make sure its either a Tag cable or a specially built cable as Tag XLR to RCA/RCA to XLR cables are wired differently to everybody elses :smashin: I got Mark Grant to make me a set but I had to send him the wiring diagram from the Tag amp manual :D

I think that depends on how the cable itself is build
Here are wiring diagrams from Van Den Hul and TAGMcLaren Audio

Attachments

• VDH+TAG.JPG
    VDH+TAG.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 6,125
Actually I am currently moving my equipment into the corner and I am just about to make 5x5m of RCA->XLR cables (two of which are going into McIntosh amp with other three going into Rotel Amp). Cable will be standard yellow VDH cable ( D102III )- picture to be seen underneath

VDH also says:
"Remarks: The drawn configuration is recommended. However, with the nowadays common electronically balanced (i.e. non-transformer) inputs, in some cases hum and or RF interference problems can be experienced. In this case the cable shield can be experimentally connected to signal ground at the unbalanced signal source side plug, either directly (in case of hum) or (in case of RF interference) by means of a 10 nanoFarad ceramic disc capacitor or a series network of a 47 Ohm resistor and a 10 nanoFarad ceramic disc capacitor. The best solution is situation dependent.
Note: Mixed interconnection of balanced and unbalanced equipment remains prone to hum and noise problems since these two types of signal operation are incompatible. The above diagram is the recommended simple solution, though best is to apply an audio isolation transformer when connecting balanced to unbalanced or vice versa"

This explains a lot but maybe JohnMulcahy could (please!) shed some more technical light onto what the difference exists between these two different wiring models.

Thanks.

Attachments

• vdh.jpg
    vdh.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 237

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom