Pivos Xios DS

Reaction score
Discussions of non pivos hardware and other Android STBs and APK..
Go here, thanks---
http://www.avforums.com/forums/streamers-network-media-players/1685174-android-tv-box-xbmc.html

Update-- 04 Nov, http://www.nanomaze.com/index.php?id=8&L=1
Because of the new M3 version there is a delay in the production process, which amounts to about 2 weeks.
We assume the delivery can be done by us at the 3rd week of November.
A new feature, which was built in, moved the delivery date.
With the new european M3 version of the cortex A9, and the 1 GB RAM, you can now download the latest firmware directly with the XIOS DS.

bce7b0e039.jpg

Updated.. Installing XBMC Linux Port to the Pivos XIOS DS
http://www.xbmcandroid.com/?p=78

Booting Directly into XBMC for Android
http://www.xbmcandroid.com/?p=93

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FvG-bTXxZcc

https://www.facebook.com/Pivos.Tech

119 euros, around £95.00
http://www.nanomaze.com/index.php?id=8&L=1 or here...http://www.pivos-europe.com/index-en.html

66292_519579664719718_1178964749_n.jpg

More info on using the device with XBMC, provided by Next010

Control options for Android firmware
  • Stock remote - fine for XBMC, not so great for Android apps.
  • Sense remote with air mouse - fine for XBMC, much better for Android apps.
  • Wireless USB mouse - much better for Android apps (as long as no driver is needed any mouse should work).
  • XIOS DS Remote - allow you to use Android phone touch screen as a remote, best option for Android apps.
  • XIOS DS Launcher - makes navigating with stock remote a little nicer and easier.

Control options for XBMC/linux firmware
  • Stock remote.
  • Sense remote - RF based no line of sight needed.
  • Logitech Harmony with extra buttons can be done but is a bit of a hack at this time, they are looking for a more permanent solution. See thread on Pivos forums.

XBMC software remotes - display media library with rich graphics and control playback, there are a ton of these pick of the bunch below.
  • Official iOS remote for Apple devices.
  • Official Android remote for Google Android devices.
  • No official Windows Phone/Tablet remote at this time.
  • [Third Party remotes]
  • XBMC Commander, one of the the best iOS remotes.
  • Music Pump, runs on Android initially designed for music playback but also now supports movies/TV shows.
  • Windows Phone 7/8 remotes, no personal experience but if you search the marketplace you will find half a dozen or so XBMC remotes, this or this one might work but I've no idea if it will so any confirmation will be helpful.

Web Interface
  • XBMC has a built in web interface, other plugins can expand this.
  • XWMM - This allows you to control the XBMC media library scraper/scanner from a web browser.

Third party media managers, only if you don't want XBMC to manage/scan your media.

Other potentially useful tools can be found in the XBMC tools forum.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
will these pass through the audio to amp to decode

looking at the unbxing video it seems to have two remotes and a wifi dongle.
looks interesting though.

dogsballs said:

We're you looking at the xios or their other one?

This is the device that will run a Linux xbmc build.

Last edited:
Is this the new Pivos XIOS M3 version?

Last edited:
dogsballs said:

I think the other remote is an air mouse, similar to a wii remote for android, it's usually an extra cost, you don't need it for just xbmc function.
S

I cant see anything that confirms its the new M3 version???

In fact im convinced its the original as it only states 512Mb ram on the box...The M3's have 1Gb.

Last edited:
Well that's what they have promised, to launch in Europe with, if not, waste of time, considering it looks like the clone is here already,

futeko.com - MyGica 510B (M3)

as posted by scatterbrain,,

Thanks for contact us.

Our directly fulfillment has been closed at this point for EU and UK. Pivos DS Media Play will be available in both EU and UK version as early as next month. If you would still like to purchase, we highly recommend you purchase from local reseller when it becomes available.

The official EU and UK version is based on a new M3 build designed for XBMC. You will be able to use either our Android or Linux development build.

Hope this answers your questions. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Warm Regards

Pivos Marketing"

Last edited:
Well that's what they have promised, to launch in Europe with, if not, waste of time, considering it looks like the clone is here already,

futeko.com - MyGica 510B (M3)

as posted by scatterbrain,,

Thanks for contact us.

Our directly fulfillment has been closed at this point for EU and UK. Pivos DS Media Play will be available in both EU and UK version as early as next month. If you would still like to purchase, we highly recommend you purchase from local reseller when it becomes available.

The official EU and UK version is based on a new M3 build designed for XBMC. You will be able to use either our Android or Linux development build.

Hope this answers your questions. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Warm Regards

Pivos Marketing"

The Mygica is an M3 but will not work with the Pivos Linux build if you wanted that, you will be limited to Android builds of XBMC only. I have gone and got myself the new Raspberry Pi with one of those air mouse remotes. I could not wait for the Pivos M3. if it arrives I may get that also.

Yes, I am aware of that, I am going your route, but every time i sit down to order a PI, at CFC, it goes OS, can you let me how you get on, are you using open elec or Raspmc?

What air mouse did you go for..

Others are working on compatible SPI loader, of the linux build, as it appears pivos have, understandably, knobbled their bootloader,

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware of that, I am going your route, but every time i sit down to order a PI, at CFC, it goes OS, can you let me how you get on, are you using open elec or Raspmc?

What air mouse did you go for..

Others are working on compatible SPI loader, of the linux build, as it appears pivos have, understandably, knobbled their bootloader,

I got openelec sd card from ebay.. The remote was one of those generic air mouse witj qwerty keyboard .

I cant see anything that confirms its the new M3 version???

In fact im convinced its the original as it only states 512Mb ram on the box...The M3's have 1Gb.
If that's the case won't bother following up my pre-order registration, guess we won't see an M3 version until next year sometime then :(

Update:
Looks like I won't be cancelling after all just asked on the official Pivos forum and got this reply
:thumbsup:

Hi see my post above, from scatterbrain, and the email from pivos, it has already been asked, all is good.

Pivos seem to have good customer support, and quick to answer queries. That's a positive.

Last edited:
Is it running well for you, there is a possibility that the open elec could run on devices like the pivos'

Is it running well for you, there is a possibility that the open elec could run on devices like the pivos'

Only ordered yesterday...should be delivered monday. Not sure aboit other devices it was my impression that it was designed for thr pi. If you are willing to pay a small premium you can get the pi brand new on ebay

You wont be running Openelec on the Xios is the short answer. OE only supports the R-Pi and x86 PC's.

Most of the features Openelec has are already present or pencilled in for inclusion in the Pivos firmware like PVR support.

Feel free to add this to the OP, here's a small selection of useful tools.

Control options for Android firmware
  • Stock remote - fine for XBMC, not so great for Android apps.
  • Sense remote with air mouse - fine for XBMC, much better for Android apps.
  • Wireless USB mouse - much better for Android apps (as long as no driver is needed any mouse should work).
  • XIOS DS Remote - allow you to use Android phone touch screen as a remote, best option for Android apps.
  • XIOS DS Launcher - makes navigating with stock remote a little nicer and easier.

Control options for XBMC/linux firmware
  • Stock remote.
  • Sense remote - RF based no line of sight needed.
  • Logitech Harmony with extra buttons can be done but is a bit of a hack at this time, they are looking for a more permanent solution. See thread on Pivos forums.

XBMC software remotes - display media library with rich graphics and control playback, there are a ton of these pick of the bunch below.
  • Official iOS remote for Apple devices.
  • Official Android remote for Google Android devices.
  • No official Windows Phone/Tablet remote at this time.
  • [Third Party remotes]
  • XBMC Commander, one of the the best iOS remotes.
  • Music Pump, runs on Android initially designed for music playback but also now supports movies/TV shows.
  • Windows Phone 7/8 remotes, no personal experience but if you search the marketplace you will find half a dozen or so XBMC remotes, this or this one might work but I've no idea if it will so any confirmation will be helpful.

Web Interface
  • XBMC has a built in web interface, other plugins can expand this.
  • XWMM - This allows you to control the XBMC media library scraper/scanner from a web browser.

Third party media managers, only if you don't want XBMC to manage/scan your media.

Other potentially useful tools can be found in the XBMC tools forum.

I have remotes lined up. from my XMBC and revo, I have several of the old Xbox DVD remotes, and even have some sort of adapter that I purchased, is there an easy way to use this with XBMC, apart from rewiring the connectors, I do I leave the 90's behind.......the explanations are as clear as mud!!

Last edited:
Only ordered yesterday...should be delivered monday. Not sure aboit other devices it was my impression that it was designed for thr pi. If you are willing to pay a small premium you can get the pi brand new on ebay

Cheers, I never pay a premium or over the odds, for anything, except school fees!!

Well, maybe a Skyfall ticket for the premiere .....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom