Anyone had dealings with Sight and Sound UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyleader

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've never dealt with them, but over the years I've been reading on here, they strike me as a reputable company and I've never noticed any major problems with them, fwiw.

Hi,

Just had quite a compeitive quote for the Monitor Audio RS6-AV package from these guys

For Hi-Fi, Speakers, Home Cinema, Portables, Cables, Furniture, Systems, Headphones, Multi Room, Ipod, Clearance and Plasma-LCD visit Sight and Sound at www.sightandsounduk.com

Anyone had any dealings with them? Any feedback to share?

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi i have as they are my local home cinema and hi-fi dealer and i bought the bronze package from them a month ago they are a good company and will give you good deals i saved £150 on the pack and £200 on a REL T1 subwoofer

Looking to order a pair of Acoustic Energy neo 3's in black, sightandsounduk seem to be the cheapest out there but unsure on the service. i was hoping to order from petertyson but their price is £369 against the £199 at sightandsounduk.
has anyone used them? or does anyone know if petertyson would match such a price difference?

I used sightandsounduk.com. Bought B&W speakers and cables. Customer service was good in my opinion. I live in Norway, and contacted them several times. Quick feedback, easy to reach and nice people. I guy called Russ helped me out. Spent 2600 GBP.

Was a bit nervouse to shop there, because web site is not well known in Norway. My experience was good.

They do probably not have the most experience with sending stuff outside EEC but all went fine in the end.

I bought B&W speakers and cables for 2600 gbp. Every request I had was answered quick, and I was happy with service.

Since I had never heard about them before, I did spent hours trying to find information on the web about them and it was not much to find, I so was a bit concerned. But goods was shipped almost imideately after payment was done( two working days) and I could track the goods all the way to my door. ( They send trackingnumber on email, when goods was shipped).

Speaker sound is :suicide:great, value was good, I am happy

I've merged these threads as they are about the same shop.

K.

It looks like they have opened up a shop in Preston too.

Sightandsounduk
40-41 Lune Street, Preston, PR1 2NN

Same e-mail and website addresses as the internet company in this thread.

Dealt with them about 9 months ago when purchasing my Audio Lab 8000P
and I am in Ireland. Very fast email response concerning price and shipping charges, ie 4-5 hours, and shipped within 24 hours of order. Good delivery service and well packaged.

Happy Customer.

They have good prices and if you call them they might reduce the price even more.

Bought kit from them prior to Xmas. All well until I opened box and kit was faulty. This led to the story from hell. If you live local then OK, if not then its your choice. I will never buy from them again and would never recommend them to anyone who are purchasing via the net.

Bought kit from them prior to Xmas. All well until I opened box and kit was faulty. This led to the story from hell. If you live local then OK, if not then its your choice. I will never buy from them again and would never recommend them to anyone who are purchasing via the net.

You need to expand on this imo.

Just last month I purchased a pair of Tannoy F4 speakers from them for £266.40, cheaper than anywhere else!

I was very happy with thier service, before placing the order I gave them a ring asking about shipping, they were very honest in saying due to the weather conditions it won't get shipped out till the following week which I agreed, so placed the order on a Thursday and receieved an email Monday morning saying my speakers had been shipped and by Tuesday I receieved them!

I would definiately purchase from them again.

Badger0-0: I have all details for anyone to view, the short version is that after sending the faulty goods back they then broke the Sales of Goods Act, Distance Selling Regulations and the Consumer Credit Act by refusing to refund my postage costs to send the unit back. Trading standards / Consumer Direct were involved and have this case on record in case of future cases being raised against this company. Only the kind intervention by the manufacturer led to my money being refunded and stopped the case going to small claims court.

Badger0-0: I have all details for anyone to view, the short version is that after sending the faulty goods back they then broke the Sales of Goods Act, Distance Selling Regulations and the Consumer Credit Act by refusing to refund my postage costs to send the unit back. Trading standards / Consumer Direct were involved and have this case on record in case of future cases being raised against this company. Only the kind intervention by the manufacturer led to my money being refunded and stopped the case going to small claims court.

Fair enough :smashin:

It's just that it's not very helpful to complain about someone and not explain why, imo.
But you've cleared that one up :smashin:

Just to confirm,All of these details and Your details are available to any interested party should that become the case are they Dave?

K.

What to do was going to buy from here , but it does seem there are mostly good things said about them on this thread apart from one. They have a cracking price for the nad c326bee of only £229 next best price is £249. Anyone got any further experiences with this company.?

I've had a Good quote from them also on MA RX6 Speakers, I have a question for folks here:

When asking for best call prices from 'Any' dealer once acceptable to you How are you guys dealing with payments? Do you pay via Telephone credit card?

Since I live in London and most website I've come across offer good discount on the phone are outside of London so confused about the payment issue.

What to do was going to buy from here , but it does seem there are mostly good things said about them on this thread apart from one.

I'd suggest even the very best companies are going to have occasional problems.

When asking for best call prices from 'Any' dealer once acceptable to you How are you guys dealing with payments? Do you pay via Telephone credit card?

Yes, that's standard practice.
Don't forget using your CC means you can claw the money back if it goes boobs up :smashin:

Hi Dave,
I have had the exact same problem with sightandsounduk. Just before Christmas I bought a set of 5.1 Mission M-Cubes. They were faulty.
I sent them straight back and phoned them to discuss, they told me they do not do replacements, only repairs.
21 days passed and despite numerous phone calls there was no resolution. I phoned again to request a replacement as the time for repair was unreasonable.
They told me that this would take a further 21 days to complete.
With a room awaiting completion I needed the speakers asap, so I requested a refund. They have bluntly refused this and have been extremely awkward since this request.
They have broken the sale of goods act with me too.
I would be grateful if you could let me know how you resolved your problem as I am now at my wits end with them.
My wife called them on four occasions to speak with Lee, the MD. They accused her of harassment and have refused to take any further calls from us.
Since then I have had no contact from them at all, I see you got a resolution from the manufacturer.
I will contact them today to see what they advise, failing that I think a small claims is inevitable.:lease:

To all

I didn't publish my email trail however as stated I will show it to any interested party HOWEVER if you put my name into Ben's emails you get exactly the same response that I received!

Ben, did you pay by credit card?
If so you should phone them immediately. They don't mess about with situations like this, and you'd have your money back in no time.

Just tell them about the conversations and e-mails below, and that you do not want a replacement or repair, only a full refund.

Last edited:
Hey Ben, I think Biker Dave is correct not to publish his thread....I dont think publishing the e-mail trail intact with names and text is actually legal or fair. Biker Dave probably knows this hence the reason he didnt publish his...tell me if I'm wrong. I have dealt with sight and sound and actually spent around 3k when all said and done (Denon AVR1910 - B&W MT30 etc), all the award winners, you know it makes sense.They gave me a great deal and the after service tech backup was pretty fantastic. I'd probably be still tangled in cables if it wasn't for their Manager. I guess there is always two sides to the story. Anyway why did you get your wife to call them:rolleyes:..interesting, bet that worked. I dont know anything about the sales act, but then again you probably dont either....been on consumer direct have ya? A little knowledge and all that. I find it interesting that such a high profile company have got a total sum of two wingers..you do the math! Anyway, my thanks goes out to em...sight n sound that is...just got a great quote on some Nad gear for my first proper hifi system..as cheap as richer!:clap: Any thoughts on speakers, SAS said go for monitor rx1?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom