Problems viewing ITV Player on my Samsung 40" D7000 TV Smart TV

dicksibo

Standard Member
Reaction score
When attempting to load the ITV Player I get message say I need Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or higher, it says on screen that my system is "Linux 32bit Safari". The ITV player directs me to the Adobe web link but when I try to download the latest version of Flash Player the "Smart Samsung" says "downloads not supported"

The BBC iplayer runs without any problems.

Am I doing something wrong, how do I get the ITV Player to run on my TV, all help gratefully received.
:lesson:

ITV Player uses the Flash plugin they don't offer a HTML5 video variant (which would free you from Flash). The embedded web browser on the TV wont support plugins so that's why you can't install it.

A possible workaround is if you install Serviio on your PC which is a DLNA server and install the ITV Player plugin which will allow you to access some of the streams through Serviio but that takes a bit of work to set up.

I've just created another thread, Here

about the iplayer, but the email I received also refers to the itv player, and states, 'Now you can get all your favourite shows and sporting events from ITV, only through the Samsung Smart Hub . The ITV Player app gives you the best of the last 30 days of ITV, direct to your Samsung Smart TV.'

However I can't find the app, maybe you can?

i got the app on the tv today informed me to install firmware,i did this and it still doe's not work.

i got the app on the tv today informed me to install firmware,i did this and it still doe's not work.

I have the absolute latest firmware and my itv player doesn't work either. Just tells me I need to upgrade the firmware for it to work.

Since it downloaded ITV player today it, my Lovefilm app now no longer connects and says there is a connection problem. I hope this is not connected to the ITV player update.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm getting the same as you guys, having installed the latest firmware I still get the message "install latest firmware" Makes you wonder if anyone at Samsung tests these firmware updates before releasing.

ITV Player has just downloaded itself to my D7000 but when I tried to use it I got a message saying my firmware needs updating - checked and I was running 1021, tried to update online but said no new software available, checked the Samsung webpage and saw 1024.1 was available from 13th July, so kust updated the TV via USB and its now running 1024.1.......but ITV player App still saying needs new Firmware version?????

Yeah I couldn't use the app on my D7000 either, thanks for posting that xyzbird, so I guess we'll be able to use the ITV player tomorrow? Nice one!

I have the same issue with the UE46D8000; ITV Player has appeared, I downloaded it / ran it / firware needs upgrading / upgraded the firmware via USB to 1024.1 / downloaded ITV P layer app again / ran it / firmware still needs upgrading.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Also no BBC Sports has appeared – can anyone tell me where to find it in the main groupings if it's not in the “new apps” section?

So we wait for tomorrow; hope I am wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

the bbc sport app is now there and guess what itv it work's unlike the one that's on there now.well done the bbc.:thumbsup:

the bbc sport app is now there and guess what itv it work's unlike the one that's on there now.well done the bbc.:thumbsup:

Yes came home to find BBC Sport app working, naturally ITV Player still requests a firmware update and even more naturally Samsuing have not updated the available firmware. Samsung really are a bunch of incompetents.

Can I suggest we all keep posting "Samsung are a bunch of incompetents" until they sort this?

Hi Guys,
I too have the same problem.
Upgraded to the latest firmware 1024.1 (from 1021) and doesn't work.
Have telephoned Samsung (free number 0330 SAMSUNG) and have been talked through various resets and power off (for 10 mins.)
Currently waiting for their technical department to ring me back.

Also have a friend who liked my TV so much he bought a D8000. He's waiting for me to sort the bugs out first :laugh:

Watch this space.....

Hi Guys,
I too have the same problem.
Upgraded to the latest firmware 1024.1 (from 1021) and doesn't work.
Have telephoned Samsung (free number 0330 SAMSUNG) and have been talked through various resets and power off (for 10 mins.)
Currently waiting for their technical department to ring me back.

Also have a friend who liked my TV so much he bought a D8000. He's waiting for me to sort the bugs out first :laugh:

Watch this space.....
with samsung what will come first there technical department to ring or that app will suddenly work.

Hi
Hi Guys

Also having the same problem with the ITV player on my Samsung UE40D7000 TV, upgraded to the latest firmware 1024.1 from Samsung website as the server says there is no update available on line via the update on the TV menu, cannot delete the ITV Player App from the Smart Hub.

The BBC Sport App is pure gorgeous, sort it out Samsung & ITV

Just noticed there is another firmware update released 1025.1 dated 26th July 2012 for the UE40D7000 model, and after updating via the usb, this has now resolved the ITV Player problem, well at least for my model TV.

Enjoy

Just got the update; 46D8000 hung for ages as part of the process, eventually I powered off and back on again and ITV Player.... worked!

Eureka.

To Samsung Operations people: many thanks.
To Samsung Marketing people: next time, wait till your Ops guys have done there bit before you go launching something that isn't ready.

2 with no action so..

Samsung are a bunch of incompetents
must have read what was being said, seemed to do the trick. thank's samsung job well done.can anyone tell me why,itv player has more to offer on the samsung tv than the itv player elsewhere. :clap:

:lease:Hi, Please help. the Samsung web site is driving me mad, where can I find the firmware 1025.1. Please post the full address, thanks very much

Thanks sooooooo much just installed it and it works great, thanks again.:thumbsup:

Firmware v1025.1 It Works!!! On my Samsung 40" LED D7000 series anyway.
Will now get my friend to try his D8000 and see what happens.
Found the NEW update from this forum. BIG thank you guys - still waiting for Samsung to tell me.
Might sound surprised when (or if) they do (he-he).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom