Lip sync problems on skyhd channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LipSync problems appeared to be fixed some time last week, and still seem to be fine today.
Pace box - 1.612

Looks like they are starting to get somewhere with it

Gutted. Still on 1.610 and they cannot tell me when I am due the upgrade. Does anyone have a list of how they are doing it?

Serial?
Postcode?
Phone Number?

Do you think it could be a broadcast issue rather than the box?
I think it's a combination of transmission train/broadcast and receiver issues, which could explain why the software update improved things first, followed by occasional further improvements over the 10 days or so since then (without any obvious further box updates). Hopefully they are still working on the transmission train side of things.

Gutted. Still on 1.610 and they cannot tell me when I am due the upgrade. Does anyone have a list of how they are doing it?

Serial?
Postcode?
Phone Number?

AFAIK Done in batches of serial numbers. Got 1.612 and still getting intermittent probs on CH4HD though not as bad or regular as it was, so there has definitely been an improvement. Desperate housewives was spot on but come dine with me was out again...

I have a Pace box with 1.612 and I am still having problems. I recorded several programmes one after another on BBC 2 on Saturday night (Dad's Army)and they all had lip sinc problems.

I find that when i am watching tv (mainly HD) that lip sync is out. However when I record something the lip sync is perfect!!

Following an update a week ago my Samsung box, installed in October, has vastly improved sync on HD channels.

Sport and movies are OK as is BBC HD.

Even CH4 HD is now in sync.

Having posted this it'll be out tomorrow!

I have a Pace box with 1.612 and I am still having problems. I recorded several programmes one after another on BBC 2 on Saturday night (Dad's Army)and they all had lip sinc problems.

A few people have reported recent sync problems on BBC2. Maybe it's a problem with the transmission chain somewhere?

I recorded some James May 20th Centuary programs and they were out of sync, im sure they are on BBC2

HD channels are all in sync now since the sotware update

For what it's worth, I watched Knocked Up from Anytime last night and the sync drifted in and out twice. Puzzling, to say the least.

Following an update a week ago my Samsung box, installed in October, has vastly improved sync on HD channels.

Sport and movies are OK as is BBC HD.

Even CH4 HD is now in sync.

Having posted this it'll be out tomorrow!

My Samsung continues to be woefull. What version are you on now ?

I was watching stuff recorded on the weekend and it was awful. Yesterday I looked on here and spotted this change to 1.612 so I checked mine which had been upgraded. Last night everything appeared OK.........I really hope this is the end of it; I'm getting loads of stick off of the wife to get rid because it's only any good for watching football.

1.32AOI

Just been watching Deal Or No Deal (I know it's not HD) on CH4 HD and it's in sync. CH4 HD was always way out.

umm.. mine is already that on operating system version. Sky told me that my model number would go from 0.7.000 to 0.7.060 when i had the software upgrade.

umm.. mine is already that on operating system version. Sky told me that my model number would go from 0.7.000 to 0.7.060 when i had the software upgrade.

Just checked and my version is 0.7.060 so at least for me this update has cured my sync problems.

Prison Break was spot on.

I was watching stuff recorded on the weekend and it was awful. Yesterday I looked on here and spotted this change to 1.612 so I checked mine which had been upgraded. Last night everything appeared OK.........I really hope this is the end of it

Yes but it isn't. Mine has been 1.612 for weeks. All can appear well for days or even a couple of weeks and then the Pace has a bad moment as per last Saturday when 3 programmes were ruined on BBC2.

I'm glad I found this thread as it means I'm not alone, but I'm another one...

New HD install last Friday, lip sync is out on most channels, BBC2 is horrendous - unwatchable I'd say! The HD channels are out, BBC HD is sometimes in sometimes out and overall it's not good.

It's a pace box and I'm on 1.610 so hopefully I'll get an update some time soon.

Not rang Sky yet, need to do that today but do you get anywhere when you call them re this or not?

Cheers :(

I'm glad I found this thread as it means I'm not alone, but I'm another one...

New HD install last Friday, lip sync is out on most channels, BBC2 is horrendous - unwatchable I'd say! The HD channels are out, BBC HD is sometimes in sometimes out and overall it's not good.

It's a pace box and I'm on 1.610 so hopefully I'll get an update some time soon.

Not rang Sky yet, need to do that today but do you get anywhere when you call them re this or not?

Cheers :(

I would ring them definetly! for one if you have a good moan about it they will offer you a credit so your not paying for the HD service and secondly I believe that this they will push you further up the cue for the new firmware 1.612

i got my update within 24 hours of ringing, mine is perfect on all SD & HD channels now with the exception of BBC2 it seems.

Unfortuntely though its pot luck when you ring Sky HD England or India, if its India just hang up and try again they cant transfer you and you'll end going through the process of switch your box off, pull the card out...they havent a clue honest. try asking for 2nd tier support when you get through to uk call centre, say you have been speaking to them before, these guys know what there talking about.

thanks a lot lee - glad yours is mostly sorted - bbc2 is bad isn't it!! but at least can use our freeview tuner to watch the odd channel like bbc2, hope the update fixes my issue as well, it does it automatically doesn't it, as i tried a forced update on sunday night but it didn't change the version...

will call sky today, 2nd tier support - thanks!!

Sky really know how to **** me off... :D

Call 1: Spoke to chap in India who took me through the usual unplug it etc (yawn)
Call 2: Spoke to "Lawrence" who was in the UK and put me through to T2 support, "Scott" answered and I got cut off!
Call 3: Spoke to "Paul" who quickly asked me what was up and as I had got cut off he put me straight through to "Bev", who then got cut off after roughly the same time!

AGGHHHH!!

So I'll be trying again tonight.

I have a Thomson - model number with the X suffix. Today, the sync was definitely out on Sky Sports HD1, which has been the worst offender since I got the HD service 2 weeks ago. Sky Sports 1 standard def was fine however. Am using HDMI to connect to my TV. Has anyone else had the problem mainly with Sky Sports HD1?

I have a Thomson box and Eurosport is unwatchable I have never seen it so bad. I don't have Sky so can't comment on that.

Just watched "Come Dine With Me" on Pace HD, no lip sync at all, last week it was awful, i've not had any updates at all, still on 1.610 and it seems all HD channels are now ok.:smashin:

Just watched "Come Dine With Me" on Pace HD, no lip sync at all, last week it was awful, i've not had any updates at all, still on 1.610 and it seems all HD channels are now ok.:smashin:
seems like you're lucky...

i've still got the same problems and still no 1.612 update.

sky have said they'll refund my HD mix though but whether that happens or not is another thing. just want the update :(

Got HD fitted on Tuesday and every thing looked ok apart from Lux HD. That was until last night when BBC2 went out of sync.:mad: It's strange how one day a channel can be fine, and the next is unwatchable.

seems like you're lucky...

i've still got the same problems and still no 1.612 update.

sky have said they'll refund my HD mix though but whether that happens or not is another thing. just want the update :(

Danny

If your on 1.612 that is the updated software isn't it....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom