Single Feed Mode! (If you live in a flat and have lost your picture, try this...)

JoeFX

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just registered on the forum because I wanted to ask why I had no picture since this morning (I received the new HD menu system overnight). However I've just found out how to fix it, so I thought I'd still post on the forum and share it with you in case anyone else has same problem...

By the way, I just spent 25 minutes on the phone to Sky (in India) and the guy did not mention this at all... which I find unbelievable. All he did was tell me to switch off the LNB and switch it back on again... useless! :mad:

Anyway, if you live in a flat then you've probably only got a 'single feed' - that is, one wire plugged-in to the "Dish Input 1" at the back of the box, and nothing plugged-in to "Dish Input 2".

If you are in that scenario and you are getting a "No Satellite Signal Received (28)" error, do the following (assuming you have the new menu system)...

* Make sure your sky cable is plugged into "Dish Input 1"
* Press Services on your remote
* Press Right-Arrow and highlight "Settings"
* Press Down-Arrow and highlight "Picture"
* Press 0, 1, Select
* The "Setup" tab will now appear
* Scroll down and select the "Single Feed Mode" option
* Press the Right-Arrow and change it from 'OFF' to 'ON'
* Press the Green Button to Save the settings
* A 'Caution' message will appear... Press 'Select'
* Your system will now switch-off/reboot
* Leave it for a couple of minutes
* Press the Sky button to bring it back to life
* Hey-presto, you can see the picture again!

... and screw-you Sky Customer Services for trying to charge me £65 for an engineer to come out and 'fix' my not broken HD Box! :devil:

:hiya:

is there a single feed mode for the current menu system does anyone know?

Thanks man,

so reading that i basically set it to record any channel daily which will fail as it tries to use the 2nd feed and then anything i wanna record whilst im out i just set as normal and it will use the 1st feed?

ta

M

That's right. Remember to periodically delete all those 'failed' recordings in the hidden menu in your current Sky+ Planner ( use the >Options & yellow (?) Recorded button at the foot of the page to show these ).

I'm on the new EPG now, but I think that's correct ( from memory ).

yep, bang on the money, set a couple of recordings when i went out and it worked a treat..

Now all ive gotta do is wait for the new EPG so i can set single line mode...

cheers

Mark

Nice one mate, we have moved from our old house into a city center flat and use a communal dish and have had this problem a lot recently.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom