ITV HD Problem

tony1964

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I record on ITV HD all I get on playback is a blue screen , only just started doing this , ok before

I just recorded X Factor on ITV HD 178. This time, I was able to play it back after it had stopped recording, no blue screen. The only thing I did different was that I started playback whilst it was still recording. When it stopped recording I was thinking now if I stop it and play it again I will get a blue screen now, but I didn't. So maybe ITV/Sky have fixed the issue now. Has anyone tried contacting ITV about this, and if so what did they say?

I phoned up itv this afternoon to ask why itv hd won't play back (blue screen) as reported by others on here and on sky user. They said phone sky so I did. I went through some pointless procedures and it still happened. I demonstrated that it doesn't happen on the other 4 HD channels I can receive on my sub. Sky are going to call me back, and have offered me half price sky talk line rental for 6 months as compensation for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
I phoned up itv this afternoon to ask why itv hd won't play back (blue screen) as reported by others on here and on AV Forums. They said phone sky so I did. I went through some pointless procedures and it still happened. I demonstrated that it doesn't happen on the other 4 HD channels I can receive on my sub. Sky are going to call me back, and have offered me half price line rental for 6 months as compensation for the inconvenience.

Half price line rental for 6 months? What line rental? Sounds a bit generous for a temporary glitch if you mean sub. As you seem to be quids in then maybe it was worth the phone calls but it had already mentioned in another thread that sky are already looking into this problem, see post #13 in here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/1332638-new-software-itvhd.html

you even wrote post #14 in the same thread :)

Half price line rental for 6 months? What line rental? Sounds a bit generous for a temporary glitch if you mean sub. As you seem to be quids in then maybe it was worth the phone calls but it had already mentioned in another thread that sky are already looking into this problem, see post #13 in here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/1332638-new-software-itvhd.html

you even wrote post #14 in the same thread :)

Half price sky talk line rental for 6 months. The phone calls didn't cost me anything. Sky claimed they weren't aware of this issue. Why are there 2 threads on this subject anyway? I wish a moderator would merge them into 1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom