Stag do, candid shots with a couple of birds

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using my Sigma 120-300 with a 2xTC and using the full 600mm I was able to take these candid shots of stags in Richmond Park.

All comments welcome, thanks.

1) Spot the couple of birds

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Click on any picture for a larger version.

Nice set John :smashin:

I think #4 has you in its sights though.

Yeah the thread title sucked me in as well, still it was worth it, especially the
2 birds:smashin:

Great timing on #1 to capture that, I like the expression on the deer's face in #4 gave me a :D

That lens looks pretty special. Very nice. #5 with the rim lighting on the antlers is my pick of the bunch.

Thanks for the nice comments, I am getting more used to working with the Sigma and TC with regard to handling the monster and also remembering to up the ISO to get a decent DoF and shutter speed in less than perfect light.

Oh yes, and sorry to all you dirty buggers who thought the subject matter was something else :rotfl:

#1 and #5 for me.

I love how the antlers stand out against the background in both but especially #1 :smashin:

Yep, another :thumbsup: for #5 - the back lighting really gives it something. Nice bokeh too - can't help feeling that if you'd shot it portrait and included his feet it have been nigh on perfect.

can't help feeling that if you'd shot it portrait and included his feet it have been nigh on perfect.

I agree, but I need a much more expensive head on the monopod to allow me to easily switch from landscape to portrait. I could have used the quick release to get the camera off the monopod etc etc but he may have shed his antlers by then :rolleyes:

Doh I saw this thread and was going to throw this into the mix for a bit of fun but I was just too tired. Part of some unpaid experience work I'm doing for a company that shall remain nameless for the moment - anyway, its too hot to sleep and I'm processing a few photos anyway so woop dee doo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom