Samsung Remote Control

L

LiveLifeGoJump

:hiya:

Hi, this is my first post here.

I have just recieved my Samsung LE37R88BD tv and almost everything is working fine. I say almost as 2 things have me stumped.

1. How do I get the remote control to operate my Sky box (not sky+ just the standard sky)?

2. My BT Vision box is connected via HDMI1, switching the BT Vision on does not automatically switch tv to HDMI1 input. Should it?

Setup is
LE37R88BD
LG DVD/HD recorder via scart 1
Sky STB via scart 2
BT Vision via HDMI1
audio out to 5:1 home cinema system via optical cable.

Norman

Copy of e-mail sent to Samsung regarding the above.

I assumed that the HDMI connection was a HiDef. version of the scart and would therefore automatically switch the TV to the HDMI input when a connected device is powered on and release it on power off in the same way as scart does.
It appears that this in not the case as my LE37R88BD will not switch to HDMI1 when my BT Vision box is powered up. This fact is NOT mentioned in the manual and I can't find an answer in your FAQs.

Also, the remote control has the facility to control 4 other items of equipment, DVD, VCR, STB & Cable. I have tried all codes from 000 to 080 in each of the device control modes and can not control a Sky box. It wouold appear that there are quite a few others with the same complaint.
Some have been told by SAMSUNG that it is up to SKY to provide the code. How can this be the case? Samsung make & program the remote control so how can it be SKY's fault that the SAMSUNG remote does not control the SKY box. The SKY remote WILL control the basic funtions of a Samsung TV. Surely a SAMSUNG remote (with the facility to control a STB) should control the basic functions of a SKY box.
The SAMSUNG remote is designed to be a 'one for all' control hence the TV + 4 modes but all I am able to do with it is control the TV & most of the basic functions of my DVD/HD recorder.
In addition to the above, the small buttons crammed together at the bottom of the remote makes the remote the weak link in an otherwise good product.

Will post copy of reply if & when I get one.

thanks for doing this i carnt wait to hear what they say aswell.

iirc it is not part of the specification of HDMI to "switch" input on power on, it's only scart that does this. I always think of HDMI as DVI with sound.

Curly

You tv remote won't be able to control your sky box but you can get a code to make your sky remote control your tv.

I have a similar problem to the one above, however i have a Samsung LE32R87BD tv, a Samsung HT-THX22 Home theatre system, and virgin have just supplied me with a Samsung SMT-2110C Set top box, all are made by Samsung but the TV remote control which is supposed to be programmable to run TV, STB, CABLE, DVD and VCR cannot be programmed for the Virgin STB or the home theatre DVD.....The DVD remote cannot be programmed to run the TV or the STB.....and the STB remote Cannot be programmed for this TV or DVD Home Theatre.....so in short i need to use three different remotes to run three different things all made by samsung......is there a remote that will cover all three of these products ... surely Samsung would have the foresight to make their programmable remotes programmable to at least their own products.....

Stressed...Mark :confused:

Hooray...have sorted out one problem....i have managed to get my Virgin V remote to control tv volume, using code 0079 (not shown on the virgin or samsung manuals)...now just need to ge the samsung tv remote to cover dvd and stb...the search is on...wish me luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom