Philips 9632 Appreciation & Settings Thread - 47PFL9632 42PFL9632 37PFL9632

Phill_1981

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Following on from this thread which is mainly about any faults people find, me and another member thought it would be nice to create a thread without the negatives and somewhere to discuss the optimal settings etc! So if you would like to share any tips and tricks and any good settings then this is the place!

:thumbsup:

Would also be nice to see pics of everyones 9632 setups!

47PFL9632 Reviews

42PFL9632 Reviews
  • None yet

37PFL9632 Reviews
  • None yet

Philips_47PFL9632D.jpg

Good work!

I wouldn't mind knowing optimal settings - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Yeah this is a great idea as I'm no good with this settings stuff so some suggestions will help the people like me :thumbsup:

Firstly. I've got my PS3 plugged into HDMI3 and that is set to GAME mode.
This lets you put HDMI to TV and then Coaxial to amp and have 5.1 sound for your games!
Can't replicate with BluRay sadly. But its nice to have just the one input for all sound for now, using PLII for Bluray.

Also I have Light Sensor ON. I see alot of people have this off. I think it oversaturates colour and is TOO bright when OFF.

Everything else is either ON or set to Minimum. The default settings are pretty nice on this set.

Hey,

I wasn't aware this TV had a designated game mode - how is this set up?

Thanks

Its under the installation menu.... although someone has mentioned that it doesn't matter what mode you set HDMI3 to, you'll get 5.1 regardless.

Thanks, I will take a look shortly. Does game mode do anything to reduce the reported lag with this system e.g. does it disable the processing software? Also, is there a difference between which HDMI port I hook my PS3 upto?

Thanks again!

Thanks, I will take a look shortly. Does game mode do anything to reduce the reported lag with this system e.g. does it disable the processing software? Also, is there a difference between which HDMI port I hook my PS3 upto?

Thanks again!

I can't notice any lag via HDMI, so I don't use Game mode, i use Blu-Ray for my PS3 on HDMI-3, and like said I get full 5.1 on everything - Games DVD and BD films.

For SD:

Contrast 75 - 86 depending on ambient light (there are steps in backlight levels at 86 and 69)
Brightness 60 - This increases shadow detail with my lower contrast levels
Colour 50
Dynamic contrast - Max (this is the only way to achieve the minimum backlight setting. I prefer to have this and put up with the other effects it causes).
Pixel Perfect HD -OFF (gives a horrible texturing effect that the set can't keep up with when any movement occurs on SD)
Dynamic motion 100hz thing - Minimum
100Mhz Clear LCD - ON, but I really can't tell any difference on or off, anyone know what to look for?
Active control - ON (this massively reduces the halo effect around edges when using the 100Hz)
Sharpness - 0-10 doesn't make any difference for me when Pixel Perfect is off. Do other people agree?
Tint whitepoint - red 100 blue 100 green 85 blackpoint - red 6 green 5
Colour enhancement - MAX - this seems to reduce the green push that I dislike
Light sensor - OFF
MPEG thing - ON
Noise reduction - min (not max)

For PS3 I turn off everything to reduce the lag. If it works or not I have no idea. I haven't played it enough to tell to be honest.

But I have the connection set as GAME or Blu-ray because PC introduces nasty interlacing effects

By the way, I have a 47". Different sizes probably look better with different settings...

Can all those who play games on their Philips please say what screen size they use? I'm getting a 32" and there isn't much feedback regarding lag/no lag on this model..

Please no long lag discussions on this thread! Thats what the other thread is full of! Trying to get away from this issue!!!

That's certainly true Phil, what would you suggest we talk about as the lag issue, especially whether it exists on the 32" model, is a topic of interest for most of us? Are you a gamer? If so, what settings do you use for gaming?

Does anyone know whether setting the HDMI port to gaming mode has an effect on lag por whether it improves the gaming experience in any way?

I know this is probably in the wrong thread but can anyone recommend a sound system for the bedroom? I need something that is reasonably priced but blows me away during gaming and movies.

Thanks guys!

I have problems with this lcd of posterizacion in the ps3 :mad:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...read.id=1632116&view=by_date_ascending&page=9

http://home.cogeco.ca/~abzcom/IMG_0499.jpg

Not you?:confused:

I tested 1000 hdmi cables, and all the same.

With s-video or rca also occurs in the LCD, but in a television crt not.

Therefore it is the fault of philips.

WRONG thread!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6156350&posted=1#post6156350

Go there if you want to discuss problems, especially the lag issue.

There is no point this thread turning into the same discussion - may as well keep all the answers on those issues in the same place.

Besides there is LOADS of info already posted in the 86 pages on that thread - alot of it by people on this thread. Why ask someone to retype things here when you can just search that thread?

WRONG thread!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6156350&posted=1#post6156350

Go there if you want to discuss problems, especially the lag issue.

There is no point this thread turning into the same discussion - may as well keep all the answers on those issues in the same place.

Besides there is LOADS of info already posted in the 86 pages on that thread - alot of it by people on this thread. Why ask someone to retype things here when you can just search that thread?

sorry.... :hiya:

Anyone got any goos settings for Xbox 360 for games and the HD Drive.

I have to watch films with the HD Natural motion set to minimum else I get a wierd blurry outline around stuff, if this helps anyone with the same problem

Well in that case I'm still in the right thread, what with that thread not being for the 32" panel. My question still stands ;).

Changed noise reduction to Min for good quality Freeview SD (Ch 5 films, Film 4 etc, other good film channels) and the detail level is better than on Max and it handles movement better.

I have problems with this lcd of posterizacion in the ps3 :mad:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...read.id=1632116&view=by_date_ascending&page=9

http://home.cogeco.ca/~abzcom/IMG_0499.jpg

Not you?:confused:

I tested 1000 hdmi cables, and all the same.

With s-video or rca also occurs in the LCD, but in a television crt not.

Therefore it is the fault of philips.

No. You will see that on all LCD TVs. The only reason you won't see it on a CRT is the lack of pixels to be able to menonstrate it IMO

You will need Deep Colour Blu-ray to avoid that, and no-one is actually making them yet.

No. You will see that on all LCD TVs. The only reason you won't see it on a CRT is the lack of pixels to be able to menonstrate it IMO

You will need Deep Colour Blu-ray to avoid that, and no-one is actually making them yet.

BT52: And why in a sharp xl2 not see that effect? :confused:

SORRY... Whether that is not the appropriate post :rolleyes:

i dont get that effect on the philips.. moving on though..

i notice no lag on PS3 via HDMi and the image is great !

thanks to phil for this thread :thumbsup: it should be used to post settings, images of it up and running and posistive experiences :)

not tried light sensor btw ? il give it a try. to reduce the over saturation i simply moved the tint bars to 100 each and then the last two red-black,green-black = red at 7, green at 6 (you could put at five but i chose not too)
the colours on this set are very good imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom