LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!! Novatech 32" LCD TV vs Hannspree XV JT01 vs Dabs Value 32

ibenam

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests I have narrowed down my choices for a cheap 32" TV down to:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-000-HS

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-32LCD#

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4C4W&CategorySelectedId=11229&NavigationKey=11229&ExposedRefinement=11006#accessories

Updated to include the AOC 32"!!

http://reviews.pricegrabber.co.uk/plasma-lcd-televisions/m/31956710/

Updated to include the acoustic!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500000701&langId=-1&searchTerms=5293283&x=682&y=51

Pls can I have some expert opinions as to which one you would choose and why?? (I know the Hanspree is out of stock)

Im looking at it for pure TV quality and overall value warranty etc.

:thumbsup:

As the title suggests I have narrowed down my choices for a cheap 32" TV down to:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-000-HS

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-32LCD#

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4C4W&CategorySelectedId=11229&NavigationKey=11229&ExposedRefinement=11006#accessories

Pls can I have some expert opinions as to which one you would choose and why?? (I know the Hanspree is out of stock)

Im looking at it for pure TV quality and overall value warranty etc.

:thumbsup:

I have just noticed the Novatech and the Hanspree is the same TV!

All more or less the same TVs at this price point probably. Given they are cheap the trick is to deal with a company with good post sales support on these. Given you're usually passed off to the manufacturer that probably leaves Dabs HOWEVER Ive never dealt with their returns/repairs dept. so feel about for how they handle things.

On that note *NEVER EVER EVER* deal with those toerags at overclockers. Great while all goes well, but the second things go wrong though they just don't want to know. Theres very few companies I will advise someone to avoid (2 actually, overclockers and claranet) but having had appalling after-sales service from them feel its only fair.

All more or less the same TVs at this price point probably. Given they are cheap the trick is to deal with a company with good post sales support on these. Given you're usually passed off to the manufacturer that probably leaves Dabs HOWEVER Ive never dealt with their returns/repairs dept. so feel about for how they handle things.

On that note *NEVER EVER EVER* deal with those toerags at overclockers. Great while all goes well, but the second things go wrong though they just don't want to know. Theres very few companies I will advise someone to avoid (2 actually, overclockers and claranet) but having had appalling after-sales service from them feel its only fair.

Thanks for the tip about overclockers.

People underestimate after sales service but id rather pay extra for the privelege of knowing they will take care of things if the TV takes a turn for the worse.

Anyone have an opinion on the T.V's im sure i can pick up the hanspree at other retailers...

id go for the gt model hannspree rather than the jt one

new gt model seems to have sorted all the niggly problems that the jt had

Someone asked a similar question yesterday:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6108016#post6108016

I went for the 32" "dabsvalue" Digimate 3204-H LCD. Great customer reviews & a great price.

Needed something cheap but half decent for the kids room (sky/wii/PC/PS2) and this fits the bill perfectly.

I use dabs all the time and have never had any trouble returning goods either for replacement or a refund.

The TV is advertised as having 1YR warranty but many of the reviewers say that if you register the TV with digimate you get a 3YR manufacturers warranty.
I'm still waiting for my online warranty application to be verified so cannot confirm this.

Compared to my Sammy it's a bit of an ugly brute, but I cannot fault the panel (which is more than I can say for the majority of LCD's I've had over the years).

I'm only sorry I didn't shell out a few more quid and get the 37".

Good Luck.

Someone asked a similar question yesterday:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6108016#post6108016

I went for the 32" "dabsvalue" Digimate 3204-H LCD. Great customer reviews & a great price.

Needed something cheap but half decent for the kids room (sky/wii/PC/PS2) and this fits the bill perfectly.

I use dabs all the time and have never had any trouble returning goods either for replacement or a refund.

The TV is advertised as having 1YR warranty but many of the reviewers say that if you register the TV with digimate you get a 3YR manufacturers warranty.
I'm still waiting for my online warranty application to be verified so cannot confirm this.

Compared to my Sammy it's a bit of an ugly brute, but I cannot fault the panel (which is more than I can say for the majority of LCD's I've had over the years).

I'm only sorry I didn't shell out a few more quid and get the 37".

Good Luck.

Yup have you got it wall mounted?

Looks like all 4 are good value for the price..the AOC looks like the best of the lot.

Or it could be whichever one offers the longest and most easiest warranty!

Choices choices choices!

Another fighter maybe?

HERE

Superior contrast (not the be all and end all I know) & 2xHDMI

Lots of talk about it HERE

Hope that helps (Or at least widens your options).

Sean :)

Another fighter maybe?

HERE

Superior contrast (not the be all and end all I know) & 2xHDMI

Lots of talk about it HERE

Hope that helps (Or at least widens your options).

Wow I didnt think you could get so many good quality and good size HD tv's for under £300!

Ill add the Acoustic to the fight but its getting crowded.

Anyone else got any 32" TV's in this price range.

I will add a comparison table so will make it easier to actually decide which one is best! :)

My Mum and Dad picked their Acoustic Solutions set up today, I am going over later to make sure they set it up correctly. I'll report back my findings :)

I would take a look HERE before going for the Hanspree/Novatech, generally speaking from skimming the entire thread is that the build quality and niggly faults can be unbearable.

A couple of replacement contenders for you...

TECO TL3291RW HERE

AND

Mirai DTL-332M200 HERE

After reveiwing all the TVs suggested my conclusion is that there is not much between them all :eek:

I have excluded the Hanspree JT and Novatech due to the aformentioned problems.

I have also excluded the ones with lower contrast ratios and lower brightness ratios so out goes the teco and the mirai.

Finally i am excluding the AOC L32W551T 32" and the Dabs Value 32" as they both only have 1 HDMI port (2 is important to me for future proofing)

That leaves in Round 12 two final warriors!

Hannspree's GT02-32E2-000G 32" VS Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD

The Hanspree seems to improve many of the faults of the earlier JT model. It has also an integrated freeview which is unheard of at this price range.

Its VESA compatible and comes with onsite 2 year warranty.

However the following spec
Contrast Ratio 1200 : 1
Viewing angle 170/170

CAN be beaten by the

Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD which has

Contrast ratio 1500:1.
Viewing angle 176/176 degrees

but no freeview!

AND the winner is....

DRAW!

If freeview is a necessity to you go for the new Hanspree and if not go for the Acoustic Solutions.

As for me im off to buy the Hanspree GT :thumbsup:

P.S This is in no way intended to be a comprehensive guide. If you have any info which disagrees with the above and would change the result (i.e. more reviews on the Acoustic and the Hanspree GT) let me know.

My Mum and Dad picked their Acoustic Solutions set up today, I am going over later to make sure they set it up correctly. I'll report back my findings :)

I would take a look HERE before going for the Hanspree/Novatech, generally speaking from skimming the entire thread is that the build quality and niggly faults can be unbearable.

A couple of replacement contenders for you...

TECO TL3291RW HERE

AND

Mirai DTL-332M200 HERE

Hows the Acoustic looking DJ?

I went to buy the Hanspree GT02 and clearance buys went out of stock!

Anyone suggest where i can get it for the same price -it was £315!

also has anyone got a quick review of the Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD?

Check the Hannspree thread - apparently the GT model has a problem with the inbuilt freeview receiver. It flashes lines across the picture intermittently.

Having owned a Hannspree 32 inch LCH I wouldnt recommend getting another. Good picture quality in general but problems on the VGA input and ghosting/smearing on the picture on faster moving scenes.

I went to buy the Hanspree GT02 and clearance buys went out of stock!

Anyone suggest where i can get it for the same price -it was £315!

also has anyone got a quick review of the Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD?

good call, misco have it in stock the cheapest i think, i used my freeview for few weeks before getting sky without getting the 'freeview flashing' that a couple of people got. use my 360 in the vga and it is better than the component for this especially on upscaled dvd playback :smashin:

got the Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD for my mum today and gets a big :smashin: from me :D

Going to be getting one myself when i have the cash :)

This thread has made the decision for me even harder. I quite liked the physical look of the Digimate compared to both the Hanspree and the Acoustic Solutions. Hadn't seen much about that one though, so like you it was coming down to the Hanspree and the A/S. The A/S is an ugly thing in my eyes though and having just gone back up in price and veering back towards the Hanspree again, even though there's been some issues on here with that screen. Aaagh its such a pain deciding. Even decent LCDs that I've seen on SD stuff look rubbish... so I am reluctant to spend lots on a decent set that ain't going to compare favourably to my 42" Hitachi plasma in the lounge. This is for the bedroom but will eventually be fed with HD content too.

Any comments on either of the finalists?

David
ps Clearance Buys has a 37" Sammy for a not too bad £520.

Check the Hannspree thread - apparently the GT model has a problem with the inbuilt freeview receiver. It flashes lines across the picture intermittently.

Having owned a Hannspree 32 inch LCH I wouldnt recommend getting another. Good picture quality in general but problems on the VGA input and ghosting/smearing on the picture on faster moving scenes.

Yeah im aware of the problems with lines accross scrolling screens in freeview.

But thats why you get warranties and only deal with reputable companies...also the poll for the GT02 shows 65% are happy with both dvd and games performance and most of the rest are happy with either one...

got the Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD for my mum today and gets a big :smashin: from me :D

Going to be getting one myself when i have the cash :)

Any pics of this please mate? - would really help with the choice of tv;s?

any problems you have seen thus far?

it doesnt have integrated freeview though does it?:confused:

This thread has made the decision for me even harder. I quite liked the physical look of the Digimate compared to both the Hanspree and the Acoustic Solutions. Hadn't seen much about that one though, so like you it was coming down to the Hanspree and the A/S. The A/S is an ugly thing in my eyes though and having just gone back up in price and veering back towards the Hanspree again, even though there's been some issues on here with that screen. Aaagh its such a pain deciding. Even decent LCDs that I've seen on SD stuff look rubbish... so I am reluctant to spend lots on a decent set that ain't going to compare favourably to my 42" Hitachi plasma in the lounge. This is for the bedroom but will eventually be fed with HD content too.

Any comments on either of the finalists?

David
ps Clearance Buys has a 37" Sammy for a not too bad £520.

Your telling me i had to start the thread and am more confused now!

It is down to the Hannspree for me though - £300 with integrated freeview and 80% happy with purchase is enough for me to take the "gamble"

Im the same ive got a Sony Bravia 40W2000 in my living room so i only want a basic TV for good money in bedroom.

£520 too rich for me:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom