Sony KDL-32S3000 - reviews?

my-planet

Established Member
Reaction score
Lot's of mentions of this TV everywhere on these forums, but no reviews anywhere and no dedicated threads for the S3000 series (or am I missing something?).

Am looking to buy this before the end of next month, to take advantage of the current 5 year free Sony warranty offer

Thanks people :thumbsup:

i had the 32D3000 down as my new tv, but with the smearing problem i may go for the S3000 instead, but i dont know whether or not this tv has the same problem too, does anyone have this tv?

Lot's of mentions of this TV everywhere on these forums, but no reviews anywhere and no dedicated threads for the S3000 series (or am I missing something?).

Am looking to buy this before the end of next month, to take advantage of the current 5 year free Sony warranty offer

Thanks people :thumbsup:

where u planning to get this tv with this offer?

I understand that the model Sony KDL-32S3000 is suitable for people who are partially sighted, something do with Audio Description compatible. Does anybody know what this is?

where u planning to get this tv with this offer?

Well, in order to get the 5 year warranty offer, you have to buy it instore at participating retailers, so I'm just get the cheapest price from Pricerunner and then ring round my local suppliers to see if they can pricematch, and then go and pick it up.

Example: http://www.digitechelectronics.com/model.php?ID=2840

I've yet to decided whether to go for silver (KDL-32S3020) or black.

Thanks for the links the_chosen_one but I've already come across those customer ones. Was looking for a more professional/in-depth one. Not that it matters, coz I'm going to buy this TV anyway I think. Can't seem to find anyone willing to stick a Hi-Def feed into the back of one though, for a demo!

Let me know how you get on with the Telly purchase tomorrow the_chosen_one. If you could also post some pics, it would be much appreciated mate.

Just bought this baby, not really tested it out properly yet, but am a bit annoyed that it DOESN'T have the XMB menu system :mad: US model does.:thumbsdow

Just bought this baby, not really tested it out properly yet, but am a bit annoyed that it DOESN'T have the XMB menu system :mad: US model does.:thumbsdow

Yep all europe 3000 range doesnt have it:mad::mad:Anyway post your impressions on the S3000 thread pls

How do you find out who the participating retailers are ?

Don't know. I just went to pricerunner, found the cheapest shop, and then rang them up. Most dealers, even if not specified on there website, were doing the deal. I got mine from Teleworld. Very happy with the service. I will post my experiences of it, once I get my TV wall mounted.

anyone checked for the motion problem with the xbox 360 that the d3000 has?

ive heard it doesnt have this problem which is weird that the d3000 does, but maybe all the technology they have put in the d3000 has messed it up somehow.

Don't know. I just went to pricerunner, found the cheapest shop, and then rang them up. Most dealers, even if not specified on there website, were doing the deal. I got mine from Teleworld. Very happy with the service. I will post my experiences of it, once I get my TV wall mounted.

Thanks for replying, i've just used Pricerunner and found Teleworld to be the cheapest as well, so i've dropped them a mail asking for more info on the guarantee.

Thanks again.

Thanks for replying, i've just used Pricerunner and found Teleworld to be the cheapest as well, so i've dropped them a mail asking for more info on the guarantee.

Thanks again.

All the info you need is in my first post. You buy the telly instore, they give you a pre-filled form, you fill in the gaps, and post. Job done :thumbsup:

Your review?

I have just bought one of these and new to this, could someone please tell me what the best settings are for this LCD??:)

So what do y'all think of it?
Costco had an offer on a Panasonic 32LMD70 for about £470 but when I went they had sold out and I was told they would phone me when some more came in. I asked about delivery tonight and was told that they could not source any more but instead were offering customers a Sony KDL32S3020U for £387. This seems an exceptional deal as the Costco shelf price is £552.
I can't find this model on Sony UK website but it is on the German site so I'm not sure if it's a grey import. Will phone Sony tmrw to check. The only diff to 32S3000 seems to be that this is in black whereas the Costco model is in silver.
Avg price of sellers in the UK seems to be between £450 & £500 so the Costco offer seems to be a good one. I was toying between the Panny 32LMD and 32LXD which Richer are selling for £599 but this Sony is more than £200 cheaper which isn't to be sniffed at and the TV is for the bedroom after all.
Anyone got any reason not to go with the Sony?

i had the 32D3000 down as my new tv, but with the smearing problem i may go for the S3000 instead, but i dont know whether or not this tv has the same problem too, does anyone have this tv?

And when do you have a "smearing problem"? When your watching movies?

Or playing games with your XBOX360 or PS3?

And how can the S3000 not having that if the D3000 is the new one and better?

And many people say it doesn't have any smearing...

:confused:

I understand that the model Sony KDL-32S3000 is suitable for people who are partially sighted, something do with Audio Description compatible. Does anybody know what this is?

The RNIB have information about Audio Description.
http://www.rnib.org.uk/xpedio/groups/public/documents/publicwebsite/public_audiodescription.hcsp

In the UK the main broadcasters provide Audio Description for some percentage of their programmes; you can find schedules online.

What happens is that the broadcaster sends additional audio that the TV mixes in with the main audio to provide necessary information to follow the action. Who has entered the room, strong facial expressions etc. are normally described.

It seems so.

But what about thePS3's case?

:confused:

wouldnt know mate, i dont have one, i do however have a 360 and dont want this motion smearing problem, especially at that price which is why i wondered whether the S3000 had it too or if it was just the D3000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom