Recording off the Red button?

jparton

Established Member
Reaction score
The NFL starts on Sunday, and my team (The Raiders) are being shown on the red button. Is it possible to record to Sky+ from the red button or will it just record the match going out on the main channel?

If the answer is no, I assume I can DVD record it as the DVD recorder records what I'm seeing on the screen rather, or have I got that wrong?

(You can see how technical I am!!)

ooooooo very good question.:thumbsup:

I would suggest you have a trial run with something first. Id be very interested to know about this as with the Champions League starting soon we often get matches via the Red button.

When you press to record a program that is available through the red button you get the choice of what game to record.

ie champions league, when u press to record you get a list of the games available and u pick 1 u want to record :thumbsup:

Skippy

Quality, so I hit the Record button and all games (NFL/Football/other) come up in the planner and I can record any of them.

Great stuff. Never even thought it could do that. Thanks

Thanks will try it out

Quality, so I hit the Record button and all games (NFL/Football/other) come up in the planner and I can record any of them.

Great stuff. Never even thought it could do that. Thanks

I believe that Sky have to decide to broadcast it that way, it isn't automatic that everything on the Red button is recordable in this manner. Had this problem a few months back when they put some rugby on the Red button that I wanted to record for my dad - I couldn't. :(

Tried testing recording the early game on Red button (Miami vs Washington) and the record fails saying "this screen can not be recorded"

The DVD recorder I have hooked up to the Sky channel works ok as it is taking in the current picture feed regardless of it's red button in origin or the main broadcast...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom